Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Quick update. Finalizing the wheels and hope to have them ordered in the next week or so. Going with the Team III LTIII wheels (look like old pan sports) in 18x8 up front and 18x11 out back. I also started laying out the rear 4-link and should start that install this weekend. Hopefully this thing will be a roller before the new year and I can get to work on installing the engine/tranny combo. Also if you know anyone who needs a set of original 64/65 Falcon bucket seats send them my way, I will make them a killer deal to get them out of my garage.

Why not the driverz inc minilites?

I think the bucket seats are worth a lot of money, get on TFFN.net and see if you can sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Why not the driverz inc minilites?

I think the bucket seats are worth a lot of money, get on TFFN.net and see if you can sell them.
      The NewGens are sweet but just too far out of my price range for this build. I already splurged on the 13" 6-piston Wilwoods so have to keep other parts in check. Plus I think the step lip design of the LTIII will look more classic on the Falcon.

Right now I am debating between keeping the lip polished and going with a light gold/bronze center or just going all satin black for a "means business" look. I am waiting to hear back on the wheels to make sure they can build them with the required BS. Since my track is wider with the TCI IFS (and will be riding nice and low) wheel backspace has been an issue to gain the needed fender clearance. I am good rolling straight, it is the damn turning than is causing clearance issues, to bad I went Pro-Tour and not Pro-Street, then I would not have to worry about turning.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Made some progress on the back end of the car this weekend. Cleaned up the explorer axle removing all of the mounting brackets and getting it ready to be narrowed. Still have to tear it down.

Also started mocking up the TCI 4-link. Right now I have the lower arms temporarily moved inboard to evaluate the wheel clearance. I will also try them outboard of the frame rail and see if that pushes me into clearance issues with the 315 rear tires. Team III is validating the custom offset I need and once they give the go-ahead I will order up the wheels. I have been scouting any other wheel options before I pull the trigger but there is nothing in my price range that I prefer over the LTIII's.

Here is a quick picture of the wheels if you are not familar with them.

http://www.royrezentesdesign.com/cli...st_1812_sc.jpg
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Wheels Arrived!!

Team III - ET III's

18x8 front - Weigh 25lbs each

18x11 rear - Weigh 29lbs each

Verified with a scale.

Now time for tires and get them powedercoated either with gold center and brushed lip or all satin black, going to be a hard choice. Plan to paint the car a bright white with flat black accents. I really need to get a rendering to know what would look best.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Tires arrived, Kumho Ecsta XS 245/35 front and 315/30 rear. Plan to take them to the shop this weekend to get them mounted up!
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Had the tires mounted at Discount Tire this morning, bolted on the fronts and shoved, literally, the backs under the fender. The rears barely fit at ride height so it is going to take some more hacking and complete removal of the rear wheel wells, not to mention sectioning the rear frame, to make these badboys fit. These pictures are a ride height, to my surprise all my measuring and mock-ups worked because the fronts can turn lock to lock with no clearance issues. POW!

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Love this build, looks awesome. Great work!
      69 Torino GT Formal Roof
      420" W - TKO 600

Nice build!!
      86' Thunderbird, work in progress, 4.6 DOHC w/ T-45 5 spd, 03' Cobra IRS, 13" Brakes up front.

John Renfroe

Love the tire & wheel combo. Great build also. Your going to enjoy the mod motor once complete. Keep up the good work.
      65 Mustang, 03 cobra engine & drivetrain.

Please don't powder coat those wheels. I think they will look fantastic the way the are with the white car. Great looking build! I've always like the 64 and 65 Falcon's.
      2007 MB/RennTech S65
      1967 Modded Mustang Vert
      1972 Bronco Sport
      1950 F1 Truck
      See my rides at www.fquick.com/DJMabe

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Mabe View Post
      Please don't powder coat those wheels. I think they will look fantastic the way the are with the white car. Great looking build! I've always like the 64 and 65 Falcon's.
      I have decided to just gold tint the centers and call it a day, something along the lines of the Anvil Mustang wheels. I have a call in to Steve Strope to try and get the color code he used as the gold/bronze looks perfect in my opinion.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Finished framerails and triangulated 4-link mock-up. Have to pull rear to fully weld all mounts. Rear Wiwoods and Moser Axles on order. Hope to have this thing sitting on all four wheels by mid February. WooHoo!

1965 Falcon Hardtop

I'm thinking about doing a TCI 4 link in my Falcon also. I've got a Explorer 8.8" narrowed as you mentioned using another passenger side axle.
      I also mini-tubbed it by moving the wheeltub to the frame rail, and moved my leaf springs in with a relocation kit from Crites Restorations.

How far in did you move the lower control arms from the stock position?
      And did you leave the upper control arm position in the stock position as TCI intended?
      Also, did you bring the upper shock mounting point in the same amount?

I'm just planning on a a 17x10 rear wheel, not sure on tire size yet. I did pick up a set of take off 285 or 295s from a corvette. Not sure which, as I'm not at home right now.

Thanks,
      Steve

Just placed the lower links on the other side of the frame rail, so I would think just mount them where the Crites relo-kit placed them ( I do not know the specifics of this kit and how it relocates the front mount.) Leave the uppers as designed by TCI, I also had to move the brackets for the lower links (duh!) and then the upper mounts for the coilovers to keep them at the stock designed angle. This intruded on the placement fo the swaybar so I will have to go to a splined unit in the rear to have clearance. I got it all mounted up this weekedn with the wheels, everything clears just as I calculated (always a good feeling, reassured my basic math skills.) I have som pictures that I will try and get uploaded. I cleared my 315's just fine so a 295 should be no issue.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Very cool! Thanks for the reply.

My leaf spring is centered up with the frame rail right now with the Crites kit. So, I wont be in as far as you are.

Love the build, The Falcons are aining numbers. LOL

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      Very cool! Thanks for the reply.

My leaf spring is centered up with the frame rail right now with the Crites kit. So, I wont be in as far as you are.

Love the build, The Falcons are aining numbers. LOL

Steve
      That might work, but it will change the front mounting height of the lower arm if it is under the frame instead of beside it. TCI should be able tell you if that will cause any issues with the geometry.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

oh man, congrats to you as you have become my hero lol... Now that i'm older (33) i'm starting to help my pops fix his old 65 falcon sedan... this is exactly what I want to do with it, the newer mustang 4.6, stick shift, already has a 8.5 or 9 from a granada... I have saved your build so I will definitely be checking this page often to see the awesome progress...

Nacho
      1965 Ford Falcon

The relocation kit places the front leaf spring mounting point at the same height as stock. We had to cut the frame out and weld in the new box.
      It shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by onestopcustoms View Post
      oh man, congrats to you as you have become my hero lol... Now that i'm older (33) i'm starting to help my pops fix his old 65 falcon sedan... this is exactly what I want to do with it, the newer mustang 4.6, stick shift, already has a 8.5 or 9 from a granada... I have saved your build so I will definitely be checking this page often to see the awesome progress...

Nacho
      I am also 33 but don't think of myself as "older," Thanks for the kind words.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Rear Brakes arrived! Went with the new Wilwood 2 Piston 12" Floating Caliper Kit with drilled/slotted zinc rotors and red calipers to match the fronts. Hope to make some progress over the weekend getting them installed. Then I can finally set the thing down on the ground.

Also picked up a remote mount breather kit for the rear housing, has a nice billet mount to connect to the TCI 4-link cradle
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com