Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

New instrumentation package hi tech and great styling

Hi All,
      Been around a while, finally got around to getting a vendor profile set up over here.
      Probably a good time to introduce our company to those of you who have not heard of us in the past. We are a small custom instrumentation, design and manufacturing company out of Detroit. We have a full line of instruments that we manufacture here in Detroit, all really nice stuff with themed graphic styles for whatever you are driving. More on all of that later. I'd really like to introduce our latest product, our 3-1 gauges.
      Each gauge is packed with features, warning lamps, turn signals, stepper motors, all the best components we could find. The gauges are considered 5", the mounting hole is 4-3/8 and the OD is 4-3/4". Another great feature is that we also have auxillary, matching gauges to monitor AFR, booat, oil temp, etc. You can build a complete instrumentation system in the minimum amount of space. Anothr feature, is we use seaed packard connectors with color-coded harnesses for easy installation.
      Pricing, our introductory pricing ranges from $499-$525 until 02/14.
      We also will have a mounting bracket for 67-68 Camaro/Firebird here later this week, and 69 Camaro later this month.
      Don't see somthing you like, about 50% of the work we do is custom, so we can easily change the graphics, pointers, bezels, whatever you need.
      As always, our gauges and kits ar emase in the uSA, right here in Detroit and feature an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
      Enough talking, here are some pics:
      You can see more at :
      www.newvintageusa.com
      Mark
      The 68 Series:

1969 Series

More hotrod/street rod, the Woodward Series

Packard connectors:

Eventually we will stock these in the 1940, 1967 Performance and Redline Series of gauges, and of course, we can alwas build a custom set
      Mark
      Last edited by newvintageusa; 01-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Exactly what I was waiting for!

I assume these will work with VSS and any kind of RPM signal (In my case LS3/T56 with GMPP E67 set up)?

Are the sensors also included?

Will a small change in e.g. font and/or gaugeface color add much $??? 'Cause I guess that 140 mph will not be sufficient for a lot of folk here . . .

Thanks
      René

Hi Renee
      Yes all of our programmable speedometers work with any speedometer signal, so no problem there, The tach works with standard PCM, ignition boxs and coil outputs, pretty standard stuff. The fuel gauge is also a GM match 0-90, we will have other fuel ranges in a couple of months
      All of our kits include a GM speedometer sender, pressure, and temperature sender. If you need a 0-90 fuel sender, we have thse as well.
      as for changing the dials, it runs anywhere from $195-$300 depending on what type of dials we need to run, backlit, colors, etc. Once you change anything on the dial, its a custom set which requires new films, screens, inks for that set. Not cheap, but a custom set is often times less costly than what the competition has off-the-shelf.
      If there is a big need for a higher speedo, we can write a program for that, the only issue is the numbers and hash marks get a bit mashed together.
      Mark

WOW very nice. I really like the intergrated Check Engine, turn signals, and High Beam lamps. I will measure up my 68 Chevelle for the 1969 series. I still use a cable driven speedometer, I would imagine you have a encoder available as an accessory.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

out of curiosity how much would a reverse sweep tach run?.
      chaz selby

To answer the speedo sender question, we have a inexpensive hall effect sender that bolts on where a speedo cable once did on a trans, easy to do.

As for a reverse-sweep tach, the price depends on which style and the size. We can do a 3-3/8 or 5" (4-3/8 mounting hole) air core.pretty easy to make them run counter-clockwise. Those run from $109-$159 plus a custom dial which runs around $90 for a single- color metal dial to $150 for a multi-color backlit dial.
      Mark

Mark, Any expectation of what the price of the 1969 series will be after the 2/14 date? What kind of savings is this?

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Not 100% but we are shooting for a retail of $549 I'll know more when we get this first batch built up.
      Mark

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Mark, Any expectation of what the price of the 1969 series will be after the 2/14 date? What kind of savings is this?

Thanks!

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Do you have any adapter to mate up with a 69 Firebird standard dash bezel?

I'm extremely close to buying a set of the '68 gauges, however just noticed you had two bezel options on your web page. I believe they were Stainless and Smoked Black. Would you happen to have pics for comparison? Is the stainless brushed or polished?

Hi guys
      We do not have a 69 dash here, so its hard to say how to mount the gauges in one. From what I have seen though, you can probably simply cut the 4-3/8 hole and mount like a regular gauge with the provided back clamp

I will take some pics of the gauges with different bezels, we have a bunch shipping out in the morning. I'll also post some pics of the 67-68 mounting bracket installed.
      Mark

Hey Mark,

I have decided to stay with the six gauge set 1969 series. Is there a way to incorporate the turn signal, hi beam and engine indicator lights into them? That would make for a cleaner look rather than having to have separate led's.

Thanks,
      Glenn

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Here are some more pics,
      The mounting plate for 67-68 Camaro/Firebird:

Panel is about as simple as it gets, you can also see the nice packard connectors we mold into the housing.

Here is a 68 series set with stainless bezels, installed in the 67-68 panel. You can also see how the 69 series has a deadfront over the indicators, so they are hidden when off.

As requested, here is a pic of the titanium bezels. They are black, but its more of a smoked chrome, much classier than black.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Hey Mark,

I have decided to stay with the six gauge set 1969 series. Is there a way to incorporate the turn signal, hi beam and engine indicator lights into them? That would make for a cleaner look rather than having to have separate led's.

Thanks,
      Glenn
      Hi Glenn,
      We can fit 3 small lights in the 3-3/8 69 tachs in the same spot as the odometer is on the speedo. Another good option is to use an indicator panel or indicator gauge, both are a tidy way to display warning lamps. the panel can easily be painted or mounted behind the dash panel:

Country Flag: Australia
      I've got one of those indicator panels custom set up for my project....very nice piece of work, and the customer contact/service and delivery was second to none.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Do you have any pictures of Cuda or Challenger Rallye dashes?

holy crap, those indicator panels are awesome! I was going to rip apart an old cluster from my BMW and epoxy/fiberglass the indicators into my covan's dash setup, but I'm just going to order from you guys. Is it possible to get it in black anodized instead of the raw/polished aluminum?
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Hi Guys,
      Sorry, I don't have any pic of Mopar dashes, I usually just go on google images

The indicator panels can be ordered non-polished, from there you can paint, powdercoat, anodize, whatever you want, the ket is to keep the part as generic and as customizable as possible
      Mark

One last question. Are the bezels metal, or plastic? The reason I ask is that I'm not wanting any polished metal on the car. I'm going for a fully brushed/matte look. I'd like to scuff the bezels if it wouldn't be an issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com