Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1968 Buick Sport Wagon

Something a little different! I am finishing my Turbo T and don't have time for this project anymore. It would make an awesome resto mod which was the plan but we all know how plans change!

68 Buick Sport Wagon that I have had a couple years and shipped in from Idaho. I bought the car from the original owners son and it spent its whole life in Washington and Idaho and they don't use salt out there. The car is ugly as the paint is baked off or faded terribly in most spots and has some surface rust on the top from the paint being so thin. The car is very solid and there is no rust or rot anywhere on the underside or lower portions of the car. I pulled the tank out of it and it looked like brand new literally inside and out. The car is complete inside and the seats and dash are in great shape. The third seat in the rear is in great shape as well. The door panels need redone and the rear cargo panels need redone and it needs carpeting. The seats are in great shape and the headliner is in great shape except the strip at the very front by the windshield. The car has 152k miles on it and last year I bought another Buick 350/350 combo for it with only 69k miles on the combo. I have the motor and trans in the car but am the drive shaft needs lengthened, accessories, radiator and new hood hinges bolted back up. All the glass on the car is good and not cracked or broken. The Chrome on the car is in great shape for the most part as well. I have the original owners manual, warranty papers and protecto plate as well. I have many receipts for the car also. The Sport Wagon was the same as the Olds Vista Cruiser in that they had the skylight windows around the rear roof area. They actually were 5" longer than the normal wagons and it was all in the rear doors as they were 5" longer than the standard doors. They only made a little over 6,000 of these in 68 and the same in 69 and Buick quit making them in 69 so they are getting harder to find. Before I changed out the motor I had it up to the Chicago area from my place (4 hour round trip) twice and it drove great. I am looking to get $3500 obo. Sorry for the book just trying to explain everything on the vehicle correctly. My cell is 765-474-7755.

I will post the album here that has all the pics I have of it right now here and a few to give you an idea of the car. The 2nd page shows it when I got and the rear window was busted out (replaced now) and with the old crappy carpeting in the car. There is one pic of a white one with 18/20 combo to show what it could look like painted as well.

http://photobucket.com/68sportwagon

Josh

1968 Buick Sport Wagon, 6.0 LS motor & 6 speed coming soon along with paint!

1987 Buick Regal Turbo, navy, Far from stock

1970 Dodge Dart 340, all original, family owned since new!

1974 Lincoln Continental, all original, family owned since new!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com