Login / Register

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

2nd Chance Camaro - Let the Project Begin

2nd Chance Camaro - Let the Project Begin

Let the Project Begin
      Posted: Jan 13, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

After some time off I've decided to jump back into it full steam ahead and not look back. Carter Hickman and I have been talking about this car for over 2 years now and it's finally time that I start sharing the pictures and the build up of what should be a pretty cool car. The goal with this car is to build a car that anyone can build but of course put all of my little idea's into that will set it apart from the crowd.

My goal is to teach you what I have learned from my last build www.syborgtwinturbo.com and show you how to save money or in some instances and spend more just because you "need " to have the coolest parts on the planet.

The platform for the this build is of course a 1970 Camaro. Why because parts are readily available and that is important if your building on a budget. The goal would be to find the cleanest car you can find and one that needs the least amount of body work. That being said Ron Wilson from www.hoodpins.net helped me find this little gem in California. He has had a long history with the car and it seems like a pretty solid car.

more to come.....

Since Ron new the last two owners they were able to dig up some pictures of the car from what we think was the early 90's.

Please remember this under hood shoot.

Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

I don't know if you can do better than stock. That thing was awesome!

Can't wait to see this one come together.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

love the rendering w/ the standard camaro nose and full bumper; too many people put the RS bumpers on and it ruins the look IMO. the full RS nose is great, but it's refreshing when you see the regular one too!
      the flat hood looks great also!
      Keith C.

Very nice Marty. Should be a killer build. I will be on the lookout for updates.

After seeing syborg come together over the years this should be great!!
      I hope it will make progress faster tho…….
      Adam
      69 Chevelle SS 396 < --Sold
      67 Camaro
      93 Beretta GTZ
      09 R50 VW Touareg

This should be fun. Marty likes to take pics so it feels like you are getting to swing by and see the progress every step of the way.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      This should be fun. Marty likes to take pics so it feels like you are getting to swing by and see the progress every step of the way.
      I can not deny the above statement

ps - Adam, I promise this one will be done in less then 2 years.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Should be a cool ride!
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

2nd Chance Camaro - Finding the Right Camaro

Finding the Right Camaro
      Posted: Jan 19, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Looking back at old pictures is always fun. What is really cool is when you fast forward 18 years and some things
      haven't changed. This is true for the 70 Camaro Ron from www.hoodpins.net was able to locate for me. I know in the
      last pictures the car was cream in color and this picture it's blue. Shortly after Doug (2nd owner) brought the car home
      he repainted it and swapped in a 383 Stroker motor. Here is a picture of the car after he repainted it looks pretty good.

picture from 1992

A quick call to Jam'e at Browns Auto Transport and the pick was scheduled.

Like I previous said some things never change. Eighteen years later and here is what the car looked like getting ready to get loaded on a trailer and make it way back to the Midwest. First thing I thought of when I saw this picture was I really need to go rent the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" again. Hey, it's a cult classic ....

48 Hours later and the great people from Browns Auto Transport showed up at my work to deliver the car. The drivers first comment to me was, "man is the floor in this car solid."

Not much has changed under this car from the day it was delivered and that was exactly what I was looking for. It does however
      have a really nice 3" dual Exhaust. Anyone need a complete dual exhaust & headers for a small block 2nd gen.

Brought the car home - Opps forget to tell the wife. Remember it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission.

Looks like I have to pick which one I am going to work on first. One option would be sell Ron the Green one and I build the blue one with Kenny. Should be fun and Interesting.

So what are the build plans -- you ask. What is it going to look like when it's complete? You are going to have to watch this
      build closely and you will find out. At least you can tell that it will have Billet Specialties wheels on it.

Here is the last and final rendering that Carter from Carter Hickman Design did for me & Kenny.

I can tell you this car is going to have the new Ride Tech Coil Over Suspension on it and it's pretty awesome.

marty-mj

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Opps forget to tell the wife. Remember it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission.
      LOL thats a good one!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

2nd Chance Camaro - Pypes LS1 Block & G-Force Crossmember Install

Pypes LS1 Block & G-Force Crossmember Install
      Posted: Sept 026 11 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Instead of installing the LS1 block with a cherry picker I ordered up a Pypes mock up block from www.summitracing.com . Cool product just horrible shipping box as it took 3 of them to get me one that wasn't cracked. All they
      did was drop it in a box and ship it ( these were drop shipped direct from Pypes not Summit Racing ) without any packing material.

Picked up a set of American Made Engine set back plates from Edelbrock.

Here is picture of block #3 from Pypes. Seems they are aware of the problem and it there solution is drywall screws and epoxy. I kept this one as it was the best of the 3.

Set back plates worked great. I still have to move the factory Stands back about an inch so the cross member bolts line up.

It looks like the F-Body oil pan is going to work or at least be close.

Empty 700r case that I kept from previous projects

Installed the G-Force Cross member and talk about a great fit. There is plenty of clearance and the lowest point doesn't hang below the stock Sub-Frame.

I need to move the motor back about an inch. Really happy as there is plenty of room up front to move the motor back.

Since the car will be sitting pretty low with the new Ride-Tech Coil-Over suspension I wanted to make sure the cross member wouldn't hit the ground and the guys at G-Force did a great job.

www.boommat.com

marty-mj

Looks like the teardown is coming along great. And there's still plenty of room in the garage for all those new parts! Keep the pictures coming.
      Steve
      69 Camaro

2nd Chance Camaro -*ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting

ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting
      Posted: Nov Nov 16, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning,

The car is in the hands of Jay over at ProTek Media blasting. In a couple days we are finally going to know what is hiding under what's left of the paint.

You can see the car took a small hit on the Drivers Side rear but it*doesn't look to bad.

Mario & I both agreed that I should look for a new rear panel since this one is to far gone. Time to see if Tom from Courtyard Camaro (( [email protected]*)) *has a NOS piece he is willing to sell. If you need Camaro parts he is your guy.

We've got a few holes to fix*from previous body work.

Really, right on the body line - that stinks.

pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj

2011 12-04 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 2

2011 12-04 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 2
      Posted: Dec 03, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com
      Good Morning All,

Quick Update from Media Blasting - Car is looking really good

more pictures to come this week.....

marty-mj

2011 12-06 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 3

2011 12-06 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 3
      Posted: Dec 06, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Evening All,

Getting closer and the car looks really nice

www.propowder.com

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Heading Back to US Collision Part 1

2011 12-09 Update - Heading Back to US Collision Part 1
      Posted: Dec 09, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

The car is complete and heading back to US Collision for primer.

Getting the car in the trailer was easy. About a year ago my buddy Don at Village Auto installed an electric winch.

Time to remove all of the original caulk.

Close up of the only body damage on the shell.

You can see the trunk floor has a little wrinkle in it. I might leave it there after we replace the tail panel. You have to keep some of the cars history.

I want to thank Jay for doing such a great job on the car.

www.propowder.com

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Going to get Blasted

2012 01-06 Update - Going to get Blasted

Posted: Jan 06, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

Wow am I far behind posting pictures and yes these pictures are from almost a year ago.

With the car over at US Collision it was time to start working on the sub-frame. Yep another trip to Pro-Tek Powder Coating
      to get the sub-frame blasted. I just hate working with dirty or rusty parts. Call me a neat freak but I like a clean work enviroment.

The frame is pretty much rust free and the should be fairly easy for Jay to blast.

Now that the frame is blasted I can haul it to High Speed Welding. www.highspeedwelding.com Stubby is going to clean
      up the welds and add some new weld to stiffen up the frame. Not going crazy just a little clean up.

New Product Update: www.kore3.com

New Brakes arrived from Tobin at Kore3. The price was incredible and it has factory reliability what more could you ask for. Did I mention Tobin has to be one of the nicest vendors I have ever worked with.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Cleaning up the old Weld
      2012 01-08 Update - Cleaning up the old Welds
      Posted: Jan 08, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

The guys at High Speed Welding did a great job cleaning up the old welds. I'm very happy with the progress.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Close up of the Welds
      2012 01-10 Update - Close up of the Welds
      Posted: Jan 10, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Evening all,

As promised here are a few pictures of the new welds

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - New Tail Panel

2012 01-10 Update - New Tail Panel
      Posted: Jan 14, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning ,

New parts seem to be showing up on a daily basis. I ordered a new tail panel from Tamraz and this is how they shipped it. The good news it arrived unharmed.

marty-mj

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com