Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Removing the Front Clip & Exhaust

Removing the Front Clip & Exhaust
      Posted: April 26, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Okay it's time to start posting some pictures.

Since safety is a big concern for me. The first thing I did was make a quick call to Race Ramps. I ordered up a set of 12" fixed height wheel cribs and an adjustable set of 12" wheel cribs. It's amazing how nice these cribs are.

With the car on the wheel cribs I was able to get under the car and inspect the floors and work out a game plan. The first thing I need to do was remove the exhaust as I had already sold it and then start looking for rust problems.

Scott (proTour73) was kind enough to come over and lend me a helping hand. He said it brought back memories of his restoration. Scott had the front end off in no time. I think he was hungry and I told him I was buying lunch at the local Mexican Restaurant so he worked really fast.

Found some rust. Time to see if I can find some NOS sheet metal.

You can see that Scott had the front clip completely removed before I figured out how to get the exhaust off in one piece. It almost made it up and over the rear differential. Sadly I had to remove it so I could get the exhaust out. Not a big deal as all of the bolts came off with ease.

After a good days hard work this is what we ended up with. Not bad for 2 guys in 4 hours and that included lunch.

fuel injected Media - Revolution Industries, www.rev-in.com
      www.kdhotrods.com www.recoveryroominteriors.com www.carterhickmandesigns.com www.ridetech.com www.edelbrock.com
      www.autometer.com www.bowlertransmissions.com www.billetspecialties.com www.kore3.com www.americanautowire.com
      www.afcoracing.com www.techflex.com www.designengineering.com www.quickclips.org www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
      www.hoodpins.net www.goodmarkindustries.com www.twistmachine.com www.kicker.com www.modoinnovations.com
      www.cascadeaudio.com www.wmcdesigns.com www.seatbeltplanet.com www.precisionbilletconcepts.com
      www.crossmembers.com www.protekpowdercoating.com US Collision & Autobody
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com