Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      man the color on your car is over the top - Nice Car

and very cool that you have it on the road in Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Camaro View Post
      Nice Project I have a -71 Camaro that I'm working on... Had it for 12 years now
      Imported the car From Sweden to Norway in January 2000.
      Attachment 55045

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      So, where are you going to put your mountain bike? I am a major bike enthusiast, road and mountain, just finished the first phase of my "twenty year" build and was wondering roof rack? doubt it. Trunk rack...not good for high end carbon road bikes....still pondering...no rear seat maybe in back...Mike
      Let's just say it's not going to be on the roof although that is a good idea.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Duplicate post deleted and saved just in case
      marty-mj

wow.. nice project.. subscribed!

2nd Chance Camaro - Mocking up the Subframe
      2012 03-04 Update - Mocking up the Subframe
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Evening,

Since the goal with this car is to use as many bolt-on's as possible and limit the custom fabrication which can drive the build cost up and sometimes spirals projects out of control. If you have an unlimited budget and money is no object then you don't have to worry about it. However, most projects are built on a very strict budget these days, this one included. I learned a lot building Syborg and let me tell you there are plenty of places I could have and should have saved money. One of the reason I picked a Camaro is there are plenty of parts available and also a very wise man that will only go by the name "Bob" once said to me when you build something make sure there will be plenty of buyers when it's complete. Remember, you may not have any intentions of selling your project but no one knows what the future holds. So when you looking to build something stay true to your goals which should include a realistic budget of time, money and skill.

With the sub-frame back in the garage it was time to assemble all of these bolt-on parts. I also felt that it is important to involve my daughters and some of our friends kids.

Installing the custom G-Force crossmember was fairly easy with the subframe out of the car.

You can see my little helper putting the bolts in for the engine stands. I think she was having more fun then me.

and this picture proves it.

I think she did a great job

Our neighbors son happened to be over so I figured I would let him bolt in the G-Force Crossmember.

He did such a great job installing the crossmember I figured I would let him install the Edelbrock headers. In a previous post I think I mentioned that these are for a 2010 Camaro. With a little modification they will work perfect and we will be able to tuck them up nice and high so they are not visible when you look under the car. This part is another example of an off the shelf header that will require minor modification which will keep the overall build cost down.

More to come later this week.

Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj

Country Flag: Netherlands
      cool you let the kids help! I have my son help me sometimes with the Nova.....quality time together and he learns something along the way. (plus the extra pair of hands come in handy sometimes)
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

2nd Chance Camaro - Mocking up the Kore3 Brakes

2012 03-20 Update - Mocking up the Kore3 Brakes
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Evening all,

Time to start putting on all of the cool parts I've acquired. First to go back on were the old spindles.

Then I installed the AFCO steering box from www.hoodpins.net .

Next to install was the Kore3 Front Brakes it is a very complete kit and simple to install.

Per the easy to follow instructions.
      First cut off the ears to make room for the new brackets. I took a little off at a time remember once it's gone it's gone so don't go
      crazy. Be safe take off a little at a time.

Here is what the final spindle modification looked like. The next step it to drill out two of the dust shield bolt holes and re-tap them for new
      hardware.

Now you can install the Bracket, Caliper & Hub

All I need now is the correct rotor however I left it at my warehouse so for now I am going to use the rear rotor. I just wanted to see
      how the brakes will look installed. I am very happy with this kit and the total install time was less then 2 hours.

marty-mj

Looks great Marty,
      I also would like to use the Kore-3 system.

I am going to be using kore3 too. Tobin has answered a lot of questions for me and adds a lot to the forums. Any thoughts on the Edelbrock headers yet? What accessory drive are you going with?
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I am going to be using kore3 too. Tobin has answered a lot of questions for me and adds a lot to the forums. Any thoughts on the Edelbrock headers yet? What accessory drive are you going with?
      The edelbrock headers worked perfect. They cut the collector off and added a new 2 1/2" down pipe. The exhaust tucked perfectly within the stock subframe. Nothing is hanging below the frame. Since I am so far behind on post here is what it looked like.

Since Wegner is building the motor. I figured I would use there front drive set up.
      http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3521

However it has a couple extra features on it.

Name:  2012 03-14 2nd Chance Camaro High Speed 002.jpg
Views: 2493
Size:  102.1 KB
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Rear Axle Prep

2012 03-22 Update - Rear Axle Prep
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning all,

It's time to get the rear suspension on the car so I can get it off Mario's Rotissorie. The Rear suspension is a pretty straight forward install.

My oldest daughter figured I was hungry so she made me lunch. Now that is a good kid!

Since the upper link bar brackets needs to be welded to the axle I wanted to make sure the Powder Coating wouldn't get damaged on the
      upper bars. Time to take stock in the 3m Blue Painters Tape.

Lower Bar installed

I just like this picture.

I needed to get the rear differential in the trailer so my daughter Kenzie and I installed the rear tires so she could roll the rear differential into the trailer.

and yes she did it all by herself. Man is this little girl strong.

In the trailer and heading over to High Speed Welding so they can weld on the rear differential brackets.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Installing the Ride Tech Rear Brackets

2012 03-26 Update - Installing the Ride Tech Rear Brackets
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Evening all,

While the car was at High Speed Welding the guy's flattened the passenger side bracket to match this cars
      floor pan. Very simple tweak that had to be done. Even though these parts are meant to be bolt-on some-times
      they require a little work to fit better.

After some discussion Dennis at High Speed Welding felt it was important to retain the hardware supplied
      by Ride-Tech and to weld the brackets to the stock subframe to help distribute the load on the stock frame rails.

marty-mj

I like all of the helpers!!

2nd Chance Camaro - Finishing Up the Mini-Tub Install

2012 03-27 Update - Finishing Up the Mini-Tub Install
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning all,

The guys at High Speed finished off the install of the Mini-Tubs.
      Mario did a such great job cutting out the original tubs it made short work for the guys.

You can see that they have already bent up one side.

The passenger side is in and still needs a little patch work.

Quick look from inside the wheel well

Passenger Side Completed

marty-mj

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Rod Technologies View Post
      I like all of the helpers!!
      plus there good company in the Garage
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - BBT Fab New Front Spoiler & Rocker Extensions
      2012 03-28 Update - BBT Fab New Front Spoiler & Rocker Extensions
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning all,

I dropped the car off on Friday the 16th at BBT Fab in Champaign, IL www.bbtfab.com with Troy for a couple modifications. After seeing the work that he has been doing on the 69 Firebird I wanted him to make similar rocker extensions for my car.

Yesterday Troy posted a few pictures of the Camaro. It's starting to take shape and once the car is back on the ground I am sure it will look even "more better" <--- my daughters favorite two words.

Firewall Modification
      The guys removed some of the unnecessary holes and put blind nuts in the firewall for the DSE Close Out Panel.

Image Missing - Add

Rocker Extensions
      The goal was to hide the pinch weld with little to no cost. In the past most builders spend hours extending the rockers
      and it doesn't always look right. BBT Fab solution is very simple and clean and it's something that you will be able to buy
      very soon for the 69 Camaro, 69 Firebird and Early 2nd Gen Camaro. The benefit of these rocker extension is that it will
      make the car look much lower then it actually is and that is a good thing since the roads in the Chicagoland Area are treacherous

Moving on to the front Spoiler
      I gave Troy a very crude picture of what I was looking for and told him to have at it and here is what he came up with. With
      the spoiler split in the front I will still be able to get a floor jack under the nose of the car and I won't have to worry about
      every curb that I encounter.

If there is enough interest I will look into getting molds made of the Front Spoiler so Troy can sell them.

Since we have a couple more weeks before Kenny picks up the car the guys at BBT Fab are going to start repairing
      some of the original sheet metal. Less for Kenny to do

marty-mj

Troy does some nice work!

Spoiler and side skirts look great on the car. Nice write up.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

I wonder what those rocker extensions would look like without the notch?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Rod Technologies View Post
      I wonder what those rocker extensions would look like without the notch?
      Thought about that but I think it would look to plain if it was solid
      marty-mj

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com