Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow its looking great, your making some nice progress.

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Country Flag: Netherlands
      very familiar images.....glad that is all behind me with the Camaro and that I can drive mine....keep up the good work Marty!! I know you will like how it drives, specially with those nice parts it will have.

Martin
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      any build tips or pics of that wheel rack?
      It was a pretty easy idea. I don't care for things on the floor so I wanted a shelf and a tire rack. I will dig up the link to the build of the garage and post it tomorrow.

Here is a pretty good picture of the rack.

The center is for tires and the sides are shelve's
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

2nd Chance Camaro - Pypes LS1 Block & G-Force Crossmember Install

Pypes LS1 Block & G-Force Crossmember Install
      Posted: Sept 026 11 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Instead of installing the LS1 block with a cherry picker I ordered up a Pypes mock up block from www.summitracing.com . Cool product just horrible shipping box as it took 3 of them to get me one that wasn't cracked. All they
      did was drop it in a box and ship it ( these were drop shipped direct from Pypes not Summit Racing ) without any packing material.

Picked up a set of American Made Engine set back plates from Edelbrock.

Here is picture of block #3 from Pypes. Seems they are aware of the problem and it there solution is drywall screws and epoxy. I kept this one as it was the best of the 3.

Set back plates worked great. I still have to move the factory Stands back about an inch so the cross member bolts line up.

It looks like the F-Body oil pan is going to work or at least be close.

Empty 700r case that I kept from previous projects

Installed the G-Force Cross member and talk about a great fit. There is plenty of clearance and the lowest point doesn't hang below the stock Sub-Frame.

I need to move the motor back about an inch. Really happy as there is plenty of room up front to move the motor back.

Since the car will be sitting pretty low with the new Ride-Tech Coil-Over suspension I wanted to make sure the cross member wouldn't hit the ground and the guys at G-Force did a great job.

www.boommat.com

Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Awesome build..keep us updated.. going to look at your Syborg build now!

Dave Van Nuys
      83 455 Regal in progress

Coming along nice Marty.

2nd Chance Camaro - Front Clip back from Media Blasting

Front Clip back from Media Blasting
      Posted: Sept 16 11 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

Just a quick update.

I sent the original sheet metal off to the media blaster. Some of these parts will not make it back onto the car but they will be perfect during mock up.

marty-mj

Holy hot fixes batman! You probably lost 10lbs off the nose knocking all that bondo out!
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Country Flag: Netherlands
      allways amazes me how a car can look really nice while looking like that under the paint.....
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

2nd Chance Camaro - Hauling the 2nd Chance Camaro to US Collision
      Hauling the 2nd Chance Camaro to US Collision

Posted: Oct 14, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com
      Good Morning All,

The car is finally ready to make the journey to US Collision so I enlisted the help of my oldest daughter. She was more then confident she would be
      able to handle the task of helping Dad get the car into the Trailer.

She did great the car went in without a hitch.

Mario was surprises to see how good the car looked. However there is still paint on the car and you never know what it's going to
      look like under the paint.

Back in my Garage I needed to make a front end dolly so we could move the car around at Mario's once we removed the subframe.

Flash forward one week and Mario was kind enough to let me come over and work on the car.

JR helped me strip down the Sub Frame so we could put in the back of my Tahoe since I was to lazy to go grab my trailer.

We mounted the new dolly so Mario can tuck the car under his 69 Camaro Project. You have got to take a minute to go look at the build thread
      on his 69 Camaro. That car is going to be over the top cool.

Finally started bringing parts home from my warehouse. No matter how big your garage is you always want more space.

My youngest decided she was going to help dad install the Edelbrock Shorty Headers. As you can see she believes in Safety First.

In order to tuck the exhaust on 2nd Gen. Camaro's you are going to need Shorty headers. Edelbrock headers are American Made and the only
      choice for this project. They will only need a minor modification on the one side.

Both my girls are hard workers and always willing to lend a hand sooner or later I am going to get my wife to come out to
      the garage to work on this car.
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Cutting out the Stock Wheel Tubs at US Collision

Cutting out the Stock Wheel Tubs at US Collision

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

Now that the Camaro is at Mario's we can start getting the car ready for the new BF Goodrich KDW2
      Tires. The plan for the car is to be street worthy and not look like every other Camaro being built right
      now. First and foremost it has to be comfortable to drive and not attract the attention of every Law
      Enforcement officer on the road.

Mario did all the work getting the tubs removed and trust me I heard all about how the instructions
      sucked and that the DVD wasn't much help either. So I did jump in the car and headed over to his
      shop and together we were able to figure out what they wanted us to do.

Step 1:
      Trim using the provided templates

Step 2. Cutting the floor.
      It doesn't have to be a snug tight fit as the new piece that you will be welding to the floor will take up
      some of the gap. Also when you clamp the new wheel tub to the vertical piece it will close up any gap
      that may be there. (( Picture will be posted later ))

Mario doing what he does best -- did I mention he called me and my car a bunch of names.

Step 3: Remove Wheel Tub
      Make sure there is plenty of clearance to get the new tubs in. That's it - it's that simple.

Step Four: Final Test Fit
      Make sure you can slide the new tub in and out easily. If not remove more metal.

Mario did his best to take a couple pictures. Seems Kenny and him are both Experts on the Camera.

Next step is to haul the car to Pro-Tek Powder Coating to for Media Blasting.

All I can say is Mario is a great guy and I can't wait to ride with him to BBT Fab. I am certain that
      ride is going to be entertaining.
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Bringing the 2nd Chance Camaro home

Bringing the 2nd Chance Camaro home
      Posted: Nov 01, 2011* www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning All,

Now that the car is heading home it's time to explain the build of this car. The goal is simple, build a car that anyone can build using as many bolt on as possible.

Where most people make mistakes is they take on way more then they can handle. I've seen people spend thousand on the latest and greatest bolt on part only to realize they don't have the time, tool, skills or funds to complete the project. I've had people tell me they just bought a new subframe and they plan to install it over the weekend in there garage. A couple months later I find out that they have finally given up on there project and it's 4-sale for penny's on the dollar.

So my advise is.
      Be realistic in what you buy, do you really need it and do you have time & skill to actually put that part on your car. If you don't have a lot of free time in your life and you want a suspension upgrade. There are plenty bolt on front end kits available.

Picture Time - Mario cleaning out the inside of the car.

That would be Scott (proTour73) reading a magazine while Mario & I look at the car. Seems Scott already been down this road and is more interested in the latest issue of Hot Rod.* Just kidding Scott

The car shell looks really nice and there are only a few spots that will need rust & dent repair.

One modification that I can't live without is mini-tubs I want plenty of tire clearance. The plan is either to run a 295 35 18 or 335 35 18 BFG KDW 2 tire on the back of the car. I am leaning more towards the 295 since the plan is to actually drive this car. Bigger isn't always better plus going to the 12" rim cost $1000 more and the tires cost about $500 more.

Next Step is to put it on the Rotisserie so I can have iPro-Tek Powder Coating in Joliet, IL and have it media blaste. I really want to see what is hiding under the paint and take care of the rust on the underside of the roof.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro - Size Does Matter - Which in the end might not Matter

Size Does Matter- Which in the end might not Matter
      Posted: Nov 04, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Last week I was looking at the tires stored in Mario's 69 Camaro. I couldn't help but notice that his tire looked skinny compared to the 335 BFG tire sitting in my garage. I kept telling Mario that my 335 was much bigger then his 345 and he said no way. So I took his tire home to find out if I was correct. I figured a side by side test would be the only way to prove that the BFG KDW 2 are indeed bigger.

Left: BFG 335 35 18 ( 14" Wide )
      Middle: Michelin 345 __ 19 ( 13" Wide )
      Right: BFG 295 35 18 ( 12" Wide )

Close up of the BFG 335 & Michelin 345 -- The BFG is 1" Wider

Close Up of the Michelin 345 & the BFG 295 -- Not much of a difference

The BFG 335 height compared to the BFG 295 - you can see the difference is much greater

Also the height is much taller on the Michelin.

The plan has to been to run the 295's on the street and the 335's for Good-Guys events. In the end I may only be able to run the 295 on the back of 2nd Chance Camaro because I can't get the bracket from DSE

Why you ask ?
      The Mini-Tubs I purchased from DSE will fit the 335's. However, since I didn't buy there complete leaf spring conversion kit I am unable to purchase the front offset sping pocket I need to complete the conversion. Where I am confused is I can buy offset shackle & spring perch's but not the lower spring pocket - odd. I had the Allen (really nice sales guy) ask Kyle if I could purchase them and Kyle said no dice which kinda sucks.

So now I may be forced to run only the 295's full time. So Buyer Beware if buy the DSE Mini-Tubs you are going to have to make your own lower mounts for the front or by one of there 3 kits DSE offers. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I do have a couple Options
      Option A:
      Buy there Mini-Tub Kit # 041221 $1699.00 which doesn't include Leaf Springs & Shocks which will give you an 1.5" drop and then sell the other parts you don't need. Seems expensive but it's only money and you can't take it with you.

Option B:
      Would be to have a local fab shop make a set of offset shackle mounts to complete the conversion. If I go this route I will make a couple extra to help out the two other guys I know that are in the same boat as me.
      marty-mj

Looks like the teardown is coming along great. And there's still plenty of room in the garage for all those new parts! Keep the pictures coming.
      Steve
      69 Camaro

2nd Chance Camaro -* Putting the Car on the Rotisserie

Putting the Car on the Rotisserie
      *Posted: Nov Oct 31, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Time has finally come to get the car on the rotisserie. I really want to see what is hiding under the 40 year old paint job. Mario from US Collision was kind enough to loan me his rotisserie as we are really trying to keep this car on a budget.

We made a couple modification to Rotisserie to make sure the car was securely mounted and wouldn't fall on Jay the media blaster. He's got a family and I wouldn't want to be the guy who's car fell on him crushing him.* First thing we did was to add legs to the Front End Dolly so we could slide the car onto the lift instead of bolting it directly to the lift.

I purchased the larger tube from a trailer shop. They use it to make trailer hitches so there is no seam on the inside and it make for a nice tight fit.

Once I hauled the car over to High Speed Welding Dennis quickly made up these support brackets to take the load off the lower body mounts. It's amazing how much the chassis mounts flexed or should I say bend when it's be supported by the factory mounts.

Getting the rear on the Rotisserie was pretty easy with the help of a chain hoist and a couple guys from the shop. However, It did cost me breakfast and yes that is the subframe back from Pro-Tek. Super Clean and getting ready for some clean up work.

In the rear we used the rear spring shackle mount to anchor the car to the rotisserie.

Four Hours later back in the trailer and heading to Pro-Tek Powder Coating to get stripped off all it's paint.

Dennis also put a couple extra welds on to prevent the car from sliding around. When the car is off the lift for the last time I will just grind the welds off and it will be back to the way it was when I picked it up from Mario.

pictures hosted by Photobucket.com

www.boommat.com
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro -*ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting

ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting
      Posted: Nov Nov 16, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Good Morning,

The car is in the hands of Jay over at ProTek Media blasting. In a couple days we are finally going to know what is hiding under what's left of the paint.

You can see the car took a small hit on the Drivers Side rear but it*doesn't look to bad.

Mario & I both agreed that I should look for a new rear panel since this one is to far gone. Time to see if Tom from Courtyard Camaro (( [email protected]*)) *has a NOS piece he is willing to sell. If you need Camaro parts he is your guy.

We've got a few holes to fix*from previous body work.

Really, right on the body line - that stinks.

pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj

2011 12-04 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 2

2011 12-04 Update - ProTek Powder Coating Time for Media Blasting Part 2
      Posted: Dec 03, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com
      Good Morning All,

Quick Update from Media Blasting - Car is looking really good

more pictures to come this week.....

marty-mj

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      2nd Chance Camaro - Let the Project Begin

Let the Project Begin
      Engine & Transmission Removal -/- G-Force Crossmember
      Posted: May 13, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Happy Friday the 13th to all of my friends

Since the rear differential had to be removed so we could remove the exhaust. I figured I would install a set of 3" lowering block so I could get an idea as to how low the car was going to be once I installed the new Ride-Tech suspension.

This is exactly the height I am looking for with the car. Low enough to look cool and still plenty of clearance to be able to be driven on the streets near me.

Reference picture - Lets see how old my girls are when I finish this project. Anyone want to make bets as to how old they will be once I finish this project !!!

Not only did she win Young Author for the entire 4th grade she is not afraid to get under the car and drain the fluids.

Engine removed and even sold to Ron. Ron ( www.hoodpins.net ) is going to put it in his 70 Z28 project ( www.camarorsx.com ).

Ron this picture is for you. Yes, my floor actually gets dirty.

All done for the day and cleaned up time to ride the Bike.

A couple years ago I had the pleasure to meet Stacy David (( http://gearztv.com/ )). Talk about a down to earth nice guy. I had just watched his show and they introduced a new product from G-Froce Crossmember www.crossmembers.com . He said it was a super nice product and I should look them up on my next project. So I took his advise and I called the Guys at G-Force crossmembers. I told them about my project and they said they had a crossmember that would work perfectly.

One week later this crossmember showed up at my shop.

This special modified crossmember is perfect and talk about hugging floor and offering perfect ground clearence.

I can't wait to show you guys pictures of the crossmember under the car.

Nice project, liking the build.. P.S I have the same crossmember. What type of exhaust are you planing to run Marty?
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Looking good!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Quote Originally Posted by rfalker1 View Post
      Nice project, liking the build.. P.S I have the same crossmember. What type of exhaust are you planing to run Marty?
      Thank you

I purchase this kit http://store.edelbrock.com/chevycamaro.aspx since the price was so good. I know I'm not going to be able to use most and we will have to custom make some parts.
      marty-mj

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com