Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      I agree and any chance you have a link to Keepat's thread as I can't find it.
      The black Dodge Charger build Called Bullitt here

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      The black Dodge Charger build Called Bullitt here
      That car is absolutely insane and it is one f my favorite builds.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Moving on to the Headlight Harness ( 04-18-20 )

This is the adapter that comes with the DSE Truck Lights for the 2nd Gen Camaro's. Instead of bare wires I put a small piece of Tech Flex wrap on them.

I run the wires under the core support lip for a nice clean look if you happen to look through the grille.

Keeping with the somewhat stock appearing theme under the hood I trimmed the Wire Gutter down a little bit.

Next up is the DSE Wiper Motor & Harness. I will be removing the plastic wire wrap as it's so 1990's. Just kidding.

Sometimes it's nice to have a helper even of one of them doesn't have hands.

Really trying to figure out a clean way to route the wires.

In order for me not to lose pieces and parts I bag them and tape them to the windshield.

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Cute pillow dog. I would still find a way to loose them.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Cute pillow dog. I would still find a way to loose them.
      Thank you and that’s why I started taping them to the windshield.
      marty-mj

Quick update.

I finally went back and fixed all the broken image links on all posts.

It only took me a week.
      marty-mj

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Finally! But seriously...looks good :-)
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      Finally! But seriously...looks good :-)
      I know it’s only taken me several years.

Okay time for me to get up and go to work now.
      marty-mj

Little bit of everything ( 04-18-20 )

So, I finally test fitted the Kicker Center Channel

Started installing all the Vintage Air Lines to make sure everything fits nicely.

Running the wires that will eventually hidden above the inner fender.

Reminders that I need to fuse this wire

Apparently Classic Dash makes a new dash insert for the new Holley Dash.

Picked up some more Chunky Bars and some wire

More parts for Pro-Tek Powder Coater

So I misplaced the hardware for the DSE Wiper Motor. So another trip to Ace Hardware.

Need to open these up a little more for DSE Truck lights.

All better now with plenty of light adjust me room.

I like reference pictures by sometimes a diagram is worth it's weight in gold.

Found a couple more parts for Pro-Tek Powder Coating

marty-mj

The Afco LS 2nd Gen direct fit Radiator. ( 04-21-20 )

Vintage Air AC Condensor with brackets that Kenny made.

My notebook is getting a workout as it the credit card.

Just a random picture

marty-mj

Adam from Gonzo Details is back. ( 04-22-20 )

marty-mj

More parts for Pro-Tek Powder Coating. ( 04-22-20 )

In order to make it easy for the guys at Pro-Tek I drilled a hole so the parts could hang.

Might as well give him the one off upper and lower radiator hoses.

So i have been asked a couple times what is the part number of the grommet that I used for the Holley EFI Harness.

McMaster Carr -- 9600K231 SBR Rubber Push-In Grommet

marty-mj

This was one of those moments where I just stopped looking. ( 04-25-20 )

Way back in 2011 when I took the car apart i misplaced the center channel speaker and the sill bracket that supports the center. So I ordered a replacement center channel from "Classic Car Stereo's Com" just for the bracket. Ron Wilson will get the speakers and he will have to look for the bracket I lost.

It would really suck if the bracket wasn't in there.

Test Fitting the Radiator Shroud that Kenny Built.

More notes

marty-mj

I wanted to use the bracket I made so the supplied bracket needed to be modified. ( 04-28-20 )

Guess where these are going. Yep Pro-Tek Powder Coating.

Time to modify the Vintage Air Defrost ducts or should I say make them fit.

It's hard to tell but the center channel bracket actually supports the inside bolt hole.

Picked up the parts from Pro-Tek and to say is work is outstanding is an understateent. ( 04-30-20 )

marty-mj

I had a customer bring me a speaker he said was from his '67 GTO, and wanted to replace it with a pair of 3.5" speakers like you did. I spent a couple hours making a mount that EXACTLY matched the speaker he brought me. Outer dimensions depth, speakers were flush mounted underneath so they wouldn't hit the grill, the whole deal. Then he brought the car in for the install, and the speaker he gave me wasn't the original speaker, and didn't fit. lol.

We ended up ordering the same setup from Custom Autosound for the plate and bracket, and swapped in better speakers.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      I had a customer bring me a speaker he said was from his '67 GTO, and wanted to replace it with a pair of 3.5" speakers like you did. I spent a couple hours making a mount that EXACTLY matched the speaker he brought me. Outer dimensions depth, speakers were flush mounted underneath so they wouldn't hit the grill, the whole deal. Then he brought the car in for the install, and the speaker he gave me wasn't the original speaker, and didn't fit. lol.

We ended up ordering the same setup from Custom Autosound for the plate and bracket, and swapped in better speakers.

Jay
      Morning Jay,

Man does that suck and thankfully Custom Autosound is around they sell stuff that we actually need and want.
      marty-mj

Killer build, Great job with all the custom pieces. I’m impressed with the electrical system , enjoying you stuffing all the parts into this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywracing View Post
      Killer build, Great job with all the custom pieces. I’m impressed with the electrical system , enjoying you stuffing all the parts into this car.
      Thank you very much I really appreciate the kind words
      marty-mj

Headlight Buckets & Core Support (05-03-20)

Sorry I am so far behind posting updates on the car. I had a lot of fun on the bike's this summer from trails to road I feel like i bike more now then I was years ago.

It's time to start mocking up the wiring and make sure I planned well as I trying to hide some of the wiring so when you look in at the radiator you don't actually see the wires.

and yes that is baked chips and pico de gallo.

Headlight buckets going back together and the goal is to not scratch them prior to putting them on the car.

Everyone should own one of these

I am happy I opened these up a little bit more.

Since my memory sucks post chemo I like to make patterns so I can remember exactly how things go back together.

Front Bumper brackets

Good thing "Chip" will be covered up by the Anvil Close Out panel.

more notes

marty-mj

cont.

Fewer and fewer parts are left in the attic.

The plan is to eventually put a flat hood on the car and since I have one I am working on making templates for DEI to make an UNderhood Thermal Accoustic Lining kit for the 2nd gen Camaro's.

I really really hate making paper templates and it is so hard to get them exact.

yep this sucks.

If you want to make and exact pattern this is so much easier. Make sure you put down layers in both direction so your pattern become thicker and more rigid. Once you have a minimum of 2 layers of tape get out your exacto knife and trim it out and you will have a perfect template.

The final step is to lay them sticky side up and put one layer of tape over the adhesive and your almost done. I like to overlap and actually tape it to a piece of cardboard.

Flip it over and trim off the excess.

marty-mj

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com