Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      New Totally Stainless Sway Bar Links

The original set was a little short so we had to send them back.

Before

After

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Still updating the factory hardware to ARP or hardware from the guys at Totally Stainless.

Of course the inner fender is in the way. However since they are fiberglass/Carbon that is easily solved.

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Still playing catch up from all of the work we did this summer on the car.

On Sept 30 I decided to bleed the rear brakes and since I was doing it alone I went out and bought another one man
      bleeder kit (I have one somewhere) so I could get it over with. I also picked up some Brembo Dot 5.1 Brake fluid which
      is what I use in my yellow Camaro.

First thing first need to get the kinks out of the supplied hose.

all better

Did I tell you all how much I love this DSE Brake Booster set up.

all done.

Very nice kit and much better then the 10 year old one I have somewhere in my garage attic. Maybe when I clean it out next
      summer I will find it and donate it to someone else.

marty-mj

Installed new stainless steel gas tank straps with some rubber anti-squeak in between the tank and the straps.

The main goal was to reduce the noise from the fuel pump which is mounted to the front of the tank.

Hard to believe how well it has worked and they look really nice.

marty-mj

Next up - Install the new Ride-Tech R-Joint Upper Arms.

I can tell you that after installing just the upper arms the ride quality is significantly better and I am looking forward to
      actually getting out and driving the car a little harder to see what it actually can do.

So back out to the Garage and it's empty this time. Just the Camaro.

The best part is adjusting pinion angle is super easy now.

marty-mj

Yes, I lost one of the Universal Joint Caps

No a new universal joint was not needed however I wanted to dust the driveshaft with a little paint as it got a little scuffed
      up in the garage and I dropped the cap somewhere between my garage and the kids swing set.

So while I was trying to install the driveshaft for some unknown reason I was unable to get one of the caps to seat and low
      and behold pulling the cap off I found out why.

marty-mj

I have been fighting a couple fuel line drips and I am hoping these solve the drips especially since I park the blue Cayman under the Camaro.

So I started pulling all of the lines off and I found a kink so I will have to remake this line before it goes back in.

Opps

Please oh Please make the drip go away.

I had Dennis over at High Speed Welding bend me up a new line.

I installed the flaretite brass whatever you want to call them where ever there was a drip.

I put a piece of blue tape on the fitting as a reminder that I needed to tighten them.

It has been a long time since I have seen these wheels and it's time to get them out of the shed.

I so wish BFG still made these tires

Hard to believe the wheels are back on and it's starting to look like a car again. It's been a long summer and I am happy to be working on it again.

marty-mj

I decided to wait till Mike came over to start the car plus I need to pick up some fuel from Winter Circle in Joliet
      so I at least have some good quality fuel in the car over the winter.

Let's not forget to put the trans fluid back in the car.

Fire It Up - started right up which is awesome for a LS with a Carb.

Checking for leaks

Pulled it out of the garage but I didn't get that far.

Let's just say we didn't get that far. Yes we ran out of gas !!!

marty-mj

Test Drive was fun and good news the car rode great. However, we had a minor tire rub issue which was caused
      by me flipping a tailpipe hanger the incorrect direction. Simple fix however I did burn a little rubber off the sidewall.

Opps

Bummer I am going to have to rewrap this tailpipe.

The Rub

marty-mj

Prior to winter coming I wanted to have the paint protection applied and lucky me my neighbor does this in his garage shop
      so a quick 30 second drive to his house and the car will be get a little paint correction on the gloss area's and the matte area's
      will get a Matte Ceramic coating to protect the paint.

Day One.

Heading back to my garage for the night and I will be bringing it back tomorrow so he can coat the gloss area.

Day Two and yes it is 5am in the morning and yep I woke the neighbors and my wife.

What is crazy after the paint correction the metallic is so noticeable.

marty-mj

The car is still a fine piece of art Marty, really glad to see you still at it!
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Very nice! Is your detail guy mobile? LOL
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

The stripe looks good Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      The car is still a fine piece of art Marty, really glad to see you still at it!
      Thank you and how the heck are you doing and give me a call when you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Very nice! Is your detail guy mobile? LOL
      Sorry, I think Florida is a little far from Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      The stripe looks good Marty!
      Thanks Buddy I really appreciate it.

On a side note I starting fixing the photo links in my old posts and my plan it to have them all back up by the end of the year.
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro 2.0 - Holley Terminator X
      2019 04-11 Update - Holley Terminator X & Sheet Metal Intake

www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro 2.0 - Fixing an Oil Leak
      2019 06-26 Update - Fixing an Oil Leak

www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Trying to bring this thread back up to date as I have been doing a bunch of work on the 70. Still having fun and happy to have the car.
      The plan is to put a flat hood on the car and possible the 3 Light RS Conversion header panel that Scott Mock made me years ago.

Before I started taking the car apart I needed to fix one of the oil leaks.

So bye bye to this sensor.

Plan to convert the washer bottle to an overflow tank.

for now the plan is to just swap it out to see if the leak stops.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro 2.0 - Atomic Transmission 4L60E
      2019 06-26 Update - Atomic Transmission 4L60E

Finally pulling the trigger and going EFI and 4l60e

Picked up a new case from the guys over at Atomic Transmission

Dropped it off at Pro-Tek Powder Coating and then returned it to Atomic and now I have a brand new trans ready to install.

marty-mj

2nd Chance Camaro 2.0 - Redoing the AAW Wire Harness & Interior
      2019 06-26 Update - Redoing the AAW Wire Harness & Interior

Moving on to the inside of the car.

The plan is to remove the dash and redo the harness and remove the wires that are
      no longer needed. Wrap Everything in Tech-Flex extreme wrap and just clean things up a bit.

Out with the custom built center console that Kenny built. Which will soon be wrapped in suede.

Seats are back out

not sure why I haven't taken the door bar out as it would be so much easier.

Out with the tank and soon to be going to it's new home.

Bye Bye Intake & Carb

Test fitting the new Intake.

well this is going to be close

more parts

marty-mj

When Mackenzie and I were visiting Kevin & Kelle at V8 Speed & Resto Shop we saw these bad ass fender
      covers that they were using on customer cars.

Some of you may have noticed the belt was run incorrectly so I figure I would fix it.

All better now

Looking forward to installing this.

Initially the plan to run just an air filter as I still have no clue if I want to run an intake tube.

We are going to need to space the crossbar just a little bit.

marty-mj

I am getting really good at taking this car apart.

Exhaust coming out again.

headers also

back in the shed.

marty-mj

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com