Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

New Self-Tuning EFI Systems from Holley

Name:  EFI-CMS.jpg
Views: 2603
Size:  23.6 KBHolley Performance Products is proud to announce the release of its complete line of Avenger, HP, and Dominator EFI systems for those wanting to make the switch from a carburetor or upgrade from their factory ECM’s. These systems cover everyone from entry level users all the way to professional racers. All include Holley’s revolutionary self-tuning fueling strategies to take away tuning fears from novice users or save time for the experienced user.

The Avenger EFI systems are complete “bolt-on-and-go” systems. They can be purchased in 2BBL TBI or 4BBL TBI as direct replacements for carburetors or in 4BBL or Stealth-Ram™ multi-port variations. They will feed up to 600 horsepower and setup is performed on the included hand-held controller eliminating the need for a laptop. Once setup is completed, the last step is to start the engine and let the Avenger self-tune for optimal performance and economy.

Holley HP EFI systems are capable of controlling applications from mild street cars to full race cars. They are completely tunable via laptop to give users complete control, but also include self-tuning strategies if the user wishes to use them. HP EFI systems are available in the same configurations as the Avenger units, plus a universal multipoint, plug & play systems for GM LS engines, and ECU only. HP systems come with boost control, nitrous control, water/meth injection control and more by way of four configurable inputs and four configurable outputs. The HPs also have internal data-logging, distributorless ignition control, as well as individual cylinder fuel & spark control.

The Dominator system builds upon everything the HP system features, plus the addition of electronic transmission control, drive by wire throttle body control, rev limiters and more. The Dominator systems have a massive amount of inputs and outputs to allow nearly any combination of usage. Both the Dominator and HP systems can be tuned with Holley’s unique full color 5.7” LCD touch screen.

For complete information on Holley’s new line of EFI systems, visit www.holleyefi.com
      Last edited by Larry Callahan; 01-10-2011 at 10:44 AM.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Holley's offerings have the best feature set in the industry right now, and at an affordable price. We're using a Dominator on Unfair.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I thought this self tuning video was pretty cool.

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      No ford?
      Of course Ford.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Holley HP EFI systems are capable of controlling applications from mild street cars to full race cars. How can they say "full race cars" when it only support 600HP???
      1973 Trans Am. 535 Butler IA2 Block, 700hp, 5-Speed TKO 600, Tri-Y Headers, DSE 4-link rear, DSE Mini-Tub, Pro Touring F-Body front suspension, Rushforth Night Train 18x9 and 18x12, BFG 275/35R18 and 335/30R18, Cerullo Seats

Quote Originally Posted by SR71BB View Post
      Holley HP EFI systems are capable of controlling applications from mild street cars to full race cars. How can they say "full race cars" when it only support 600HP???
      The 600HP is in reference to the throttle body systems. Perhaps you should read the whole product release?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by Sr71
      How can they say "full race cars" when it only support 600HP???
      What Andrew said. Further, the Holley Dominator setup on Unfair will be controlling well over 1300 hp, if our boost calculations are right.

jp
      John Parsons

Sorry but I'm new to the retro fuel injection systems. I DID read the whole release and when I looked at the Avenger and HP EFI systems none mentioned more then 650hp. The dominator ECU can control more, but my point was what EFI do you use then?
      1973 Trans Am. 535 Butler IA2 Block, 700hp, 5-Speed TKO 600, Tri-Y Headers, DSE 4-link rear, DSE Mini-Tub, Pro Touring F-Body front suspension, Rushforth Night Train 18x9 and 18x12, BFG 275/35R18 and 335/30R18, Cerullo Seats

You can use just about anything you want. From the best of my understanding you can run lsx equipment and i assume any other fuel injectiion with enough skill and money. hell you could probably design your own system and this computer could run it.(within reason of course)

I am interested in seeing it do the timing. I have nop roblem tuning the fuel map with my Gen 7 unit but the timing is something that effects so much and just a degree or two one way or the other effects everything and can get you chasing your tail.

Sounds and looks like a good system for anyone wanting to step up to EFI and can't afford tuning or want to learn.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Best new product by far, I have been anticipating this for 10 years. Unless you own your own shop with a dyno it is very difficult to tune a FAST ACCEL or Big Stuff system by yourself. For turbo Buicks the answer has been to fly Cal Hartline to your local shop and have him at the controls to dial in a new engine. Lets see, plane fare, the tuner"s hourly fees, the shops dyno fees, lodging and rental car fees and you have just bought 2 more FAST systems. This will change the playing field for all aftermarket EFI systems, all the other systems are playing catch-up and will be left behind if they do not get going and offer similiar systems. Its still in its infancy, I can only imagine how fantastic it will be a few years from now as they continue to refine this system. Beautiful system, Holley is the leader, everyone else is following, 2 thumbs up Holley!!!
      Mike
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Hemi8 View Post
      Best new product by far, I have been anticipating this for 10 years. Unless you own your own shop with a dyno it is very difficult to tune a FAST ACCEL or Big Stuff system by yourself. For turbo Buicks the answer has been to fly Cal Hartline to your local shop and have him at the controls to dial in a new engine. Lets see, plane fare, the tuner"s hourly fees, the shops dyno fees, lodging and rental car fees and you have just bought 2 more FAST systems. This will change the playing field for all aftermarket EFI systems, all the other systems are playing catch-up and will be left behind if they do not get going and offer similiar systems. Its still in its infancy, I can only imagine how fantastic it will be a few years from now as they continue to refine this system. Beautiful system, Holley is the leader, everyone else is following, 2 thumbs up Holley!!!
      Mike
      I have heard good things about the older Holley units but I am confused on how everyone thinks they are leaders. Fast had their ez efi out last year long before I heard anything about the Holley unit. Regardless of whose system I think it is a long time coming with the whole self tuning setup. I DO like how the Holley unit looks more like a carb by putting the injectors up top. It would look more correct for that classic look.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      I have heard good things about the older Holley units but I am confused on how everyone thinks they are leaders. Fast had their ez efi out last year long before I heard anything about the Holley unit. Regardless of whose system I think it is a long time coming with the whole self tuning setup. I DO like how the Holley unit looks more like a carb by putting the injectors up top. It would look more correct for that classic look.
      Easy, Holley started the aftermarket EFI revolution and have been doing it longer than anyone else in the aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by NV
      Holley started the aftermarket EFI revolution and have been doing it longer than anyone else
      Their Commander systems were a great value, but lacked some key features that later players (like FAST, Accel, BS3, etc.) offered. Over time the Commander series became the cheap low-cost option for EFI. The new Dominator sets a new benchmark: it is the best value, the best engineered, and the most feature-rich EFI system available. That's why we are using it.

FAST, Accel, and BS3 better up their game. Holley offers more for less.

jp
      John Parsons

And Fast's EZ EFI only tunes fuel, no timing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      Easy, Holley started the aftermarket EFI revolution and have been doing it longer than anyone else in the aftermarket.
      The new Holley system is nice, but lets not talk crazy...LOL

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Great info. I was ready to buy the FAST EZ EFI, but it sounds like like there's a lot more out there to choose from.

How exactly does it interface with my existing ignition (Msd-6al-pro-billet distributor-coil)?
      1967 Firebird 400 4 speed
      4 wheel c5zo6 brakes + hydroboost
      18"sterns wrapped in RE-11's

Apparently all of the components aren't ready to ship, it took 2 months for me to get a Dominator ECU and LS1 harness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com