Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Love this look I'm thinking of doing something similar.....any tips or tricks that might be helpful...I was actually looking at going with auto meter gauges trying to figure out how to get the shift light in there also

Country Flag: United States
      I am working with Speedhut right now to retro-fit some gauges for the Camaro. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff - esp considering I'm asking for something completely custom. Answered all my questions and I'm looking forward to seeing what we collectively come up with. I will be sure to post back the results.

Gregg

So...with the GPS speedo.....there's no need to wire it to a VSS? Do I have that correct?
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Basw, what are you putting them in?
      I can't see any way that you could wire the gps speedo to the vss. If you're doing the LS thing your pcm needs the vss signal though.
      Some other guy on ls1tech put these in his chevelle, I'm working on mine and doing basically the same thing. It's a pretty easy job it seems, it's just a kind of 'work with what you have' type of project. Will never use autometer stuff again.
      A couple pics of what I was able to do so far- http://ls1tech.com/forums/15510973-post251.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      So...with the GPS speedo.....there's no need to wire it to a VSS? Do I have that correct?
      VSS?

I have a full set of these Speed Huts with the GPS speedo.. and will be installing them over the next few weeks.. so I will update my build thread with the info. They do look great in the box though. lol

I like the fact you can completely customize these, w/o gaudy brand name logos. Speed Hut is one of those companies that you like to support... US made and great service.

My Viper T-56 has a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) in the tailshaft to keep the EFI and speedo up to date with the vehicle's speed.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

No need for the VSS when you use the GPS speedo. Lets me use the VSS for cruise control or engine management.

John

I just ordered mine last week and waiting for them to come in! I will post some pics when they do. I ordered the quad gauge, tach and gps speedo.

Here are mine... The face is light blue with black numbers at night. These are the standard gauges but I did get the Revolution GPS speedo with 1/4 time, etc. I'm looking forward to an accurate set of gauges.

Tony, are you going to mount these in stock dash or are you doing something custom?

Those look pretty cool. I saved the link in my favorites for when it's time to update the El Camino.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Country Flag: New Zealand
      These have got to be the easiest decision made my whole car. Light years ahead of AM stuff and the price is right too.
      Chris

68 El Camino - Street Track Drag - in progress..

Toyota Station Wagon - only thing that actually runs....

WOW hard to believe I just found these looking around and posted up and a bunch of people are actually looking and using them!
      Kind of warms the soul a little.
      Ok OK maybe not but its sure is cool to see people liking and using something I found and intend to use also.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: Canada
      Little update to help persuade people....

1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

A pic of some in a 71 chevelle. Not sure what to do about the smaller stock gauges, might just cover them.

Untitled[/url]
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Wow! These look great. I really dig the shift light built into the tach. Does anyone have pic or first hand experience on how bright the built in shift light is in real driving conditions during the day? Might be some AM gauges on the classifieds here in the next couple days. Good find!

Quote Originally Posted by t72ss402 View Post
      Tony, are you going to mount these in stock dash or are you doing something custom?
      The speedo, tach and fuel are going in the stock location.. and the others will go on the faceplace bezel.

Those look pretty nice.
      I couldn't make up my mind and got the New Vintage 1969 series but now I'm reconsidering.

Saw another guys SpeedHut gauges for his Chevelle.

SO SOLD when the time comes. Tony the silver face looks BA. Once you get them in and powered up a night pic would be great.
      Vince

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com