Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Very nice gauges, and made in USA, works for me too!
      Thanks for posting all the pics! great info.
      :

Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      My question is.....Where are you guys mounting the GPS module? I assume it has to be mounted somewhere specific to be seen?
      Any input on GPS install & performance yet?

This is form their instructions "For best performance mount GPS antenna with as much view of sky as possible. Preferably on roof of car. Antenna is waterproof and magnetic. If roof is not accessible mount antenna on top of car dash with as much exposure through window as possible to sky."

I'm intrigued with all the cool little things it does, despite knowing I'll use those buttons like 10 times lol
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Very cool. 5" tach and speedo would be neat.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Any input on GPS install & performance yet?

This is form their instructions "For best performance mount GPS antenna with as much view of sky as possible. Preferably on roof of car. Antenna is waterproof and magnetic. If roof is not accessible mount antenna on top of car dash with as much exposure through window as possible to sky."

I'm intrigued with all the cool little things it does, despite knowing I'll use those buttons like 10 times lol
      I'd like to know how the GPS function is working as well. For example, if you enter a tunnel or drive in the city (with tall buildings that interrupt the signal) does the speedo signal drop to zero until a signal is regained? Does it freeze at the last known speed? (needs at least two good sat signals for speed).

FYI, my GPS receiver for my C5 is mounted on my dash next to the hud. I've had friends mount theirs UNDER the dash as well with no noticeable reception problems. I never found a need to put it outside the car. I imagine on an older car there is more steel in the way, however. Under the rear window on or under the deck would be my first choice.

I like these Speedhut gauges very much.
      Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Country Flag: Canada
      Ive been running some of their gauges for a couple years now. No complaints at all!
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

wow those look really nice

anyone have experience with the gps speedo?
      Scott from NJ.

I was just looking at these last night. I searched P-T.com to see any reports on them and saw where someone got some on a Labor Day 20% off sale. I emailed them to see if any sales like that were coming up. They said they usually do a Labor Day and Memorial Day sale. Looks like I'm going to end up with some new gauges if it's another 20% off sale.

Hi John,

Yes, I believe we do offer a Memorial day and possibly even a labor day sale. We should be sending a newsletter out with our newest sale (March sale) before it starts on the 15th. Unfortunately, we don't know details on sales until they are posted.

Thanks,
      Julianna
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

This is the route I plan to take b/c I planned to update my gauges anyway to switch to an electronic speedo b/c of my T56 but the GPS feature simplifies it. I'm also planning to run their quad gauge as well.
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

Here, here! Quad gauge (in 4") for me too!
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

I ordered a complete set of Speedhut Revolution series gauges last Summer. They customized the Z28 lettering to match the style on my '79, and made the 4" GPS speedo with KmPh and matching red lettering for MPH in smaller font, just like the factory. Great service, beautiful gauges, excellent warranty and friendly, helpful stuff. I recommend them to anyone who is in the market for stylish quality gauges.

John

Quote Originally Posted by TD509EFI View Post
      I ordered a complete set of Speedhut Revolution series gauges last Summer. They customized the Z28 lettering to match the style on my '79, and made the 4" GPS speedo with KmPh and matching red lettering for MPH in smaller font, just like the factory. Great service, beautiful gauges, excellent warranty and friendly, helpful stuff. I recommend them to anyone who is in the market for stylish quality gauges.

John
      How do they perform? Specifically the GPS Speedo?

I'd love to see pics if you have any.

I'm sold on these for my 77 and New Vintage 3-1s for my 67. They both seemingly fit my needs in form & function.
      Scott from NJ.

BonzoHansen,

Not installed yet, so I can't say. Speedhut does have a video of a racecar using their GPS speedo at the track, I couldn't see any problems concerning dropouts while it did multiple laps.
      The GPS guage comes with wiring that allows you to power the gauge continuously, so that there isn't any acquisition time at start up. Only draws a few milliamps so no problem with battery drain.

John

I've got their tach and GPS speedo in the car for over a year. Both are very nice and very accurate. The customer service can't be beaten. I can't say regarding city driving since I live in Arkansas and we don't exactly have a lot of metropolitan areas. It's fine in downtown Little Rock but that's not a "lot" of tall buildings. They did tell me that you will lose it in the tunnel which is to be expected.

Great to hear. What about the GPS antenna? How/where did you mount it?
      Scott from NJ.

Scott,

I'm mounting mine under the rear window. They have more than enough cable to reach back there.
      The active GPS that Speedhut uses is much better at acquiring signals than lets say, a GPS navigation device. People I've talked to haven't had trouble with tall buildings ( though I don't know about NY) trees, or mountains. Tunnels and parkades are the only problems that comes to mind.

John

Thanks. I was thinking the windshield above the mirror. run it up the a-pillar
      Scott from NJ.

I love the SpeedHut Revolution gauges, like a modernized take on the traditional american chrome/black/orange look... without getting too ricey...

Attached Images Attached Images  
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

Here's a couple of pix of the gauges that Speed Hut did for me:

I like those. I was wondering how they would look in KM/H. Thanks for posting those.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com