Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      Thanks to Randy Johnson (D&Z Customs) for making my us a deal that we couldn't refuse on these Forgeline ZX3 wheels. They're 18x9" front and 18x11.5" rear. So, we'll definitely have to channel the frame and tub it now as opposed to later. Thanks to my parents, Randy and the rest of my family who will give me money instead of gifts for Christmas these will be sitting under the tree on Christmas morning.

ZX3 with polished lips and satin black centers

Now that's what I call a cool Christmas present you lucky dog!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

No kidding, how jealous am I? VERY!
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

I think I'm getting a lump of coal again this year, whats up with that?
      Ron Schwarz

Hey Sam, I met you briefly at the Charlotte Goodguys autocross. I was one of the lucky people that got to take a ride with your dad around the course. What a ride!! Had a grin ear to ear! Thought we were going through the Jersey wall on the first lap! Your dad can drive!
      Just want to say that you and your family are so cool and so blessed to have each other! I have lived eat and breathed cars since I was your age. Always wished my dad loved cars as much as me. I have a 5 year old son that loves anything with wheels and really likes the Chevelle that we are building. Just hope he stays on track and still likes these cars when he is your age. Also have a 6 year old daughter that I love very very much but she is into horses. That's ok as long as she rides with us in the Chevelle when it's done. It is so hard to explain in words how your parents must feel to have such a wonderful family.
      You have such a great project and so much to look forward to! Can't wait to see more progress. Keep up the good work!

WHOA There Sam! I think you better stick to the sketch.... I've got a set of Soft 8's, new tires, ready to bolt up for ya....tell you what, even trade!!! I'll gladly take those off your hands ;)

haha- Awesome wheels! they are going to look amazing! now go bolt them up and take some pics!

-Sean

I really thought we would end up with a quality three piece wheel on our 66 before Sam's four door, but Randy really wanted to contribute to Sam's build so he's the lucky one. Oh well, the other two family cars are getting the focus these days... ***Jealous***

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      That's what happens when you force a Chevy engine into an AMC! lol
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Santa HATES AMXes...no room to haul anything.

Ray Kaufman - Wyotech Chassis Fab and High Performance Instructor. Words of Wisdom from an old master... at Asylum Custom Interiors website

Sweet wheels Sam!!!

I'm also looking forward to some shots on the car.
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

Update?

Hey Sam, where's our x-mas break update with pictures? You must have something to show us?
      Hope everythings going good!
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

Sam, its really cool to see a younger kid getting into cars AND Pro-Touring. As a tech and fellow Hoosier if I can help let me know,,,,,,now since you picked up a set of cool "new" Forgelines, when I get back to work or if my taxes come back think you might want to sell those 17x 8.5 Corvette wheels for some extra project cash,,,, I was working on picking up a set of Finishline reproduction wheels similar for my Monza 2+2 "Cheep Trick" project and besides Id rather give you some project funds over giving to another company.
      Im down in Burns City, about 30 miles north of ridetech's shop (my mom lives about 1/2 mile up road from them.
      Heck maybe you will have it rolling this year,,heck unemployed (which sucks but I'll find something or start my own shop)and I still have my dreams!
      Good luck,
      Lee
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

I wish my son would have half the interest in cars as you do. Great car and it's awesome to see such support from the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      The guy that was renting a house from my parents moved out owing a lot of money so my Dad took these aftermarket Corvette wheels as partial payment. All four are 17x8.5" and are brand new. I know we'll need spacers, but they are a lot lighter than the Cragar Soft 8's we were going to run.
      Somehow I just now managed to find this thread! Cool stuff for sure! Makes me want to get on my '67.....she's on the back burner though. I know you've moved on from them already, but I dig the Vette wheels. I had a set just like them for my '67 but I lost them to a shady body man that was doing the floors in my car. Lesson learned.
      Keep up the good work, can't wait to see this thing finished. If you take it to Cutter's for interior work I'm gonna check it out.......I missed your dad's '66 when it was there (I live down the street).
      Cool to see a young guy with a build of this caliber and all the help! Keep pluggin away.

Just found this thread. Very cool Sam....refreshing to see this type of family project. How very cool for you and your family to be able to share enthusiasm for the same hobby. The 4-door is different, and will be a stand out. I'm looking forward to following along as you make progress. Your getting extra points for putting a stickshift in this project.
      1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

Just found out you had a build thread on your 4- door Sam.

Awesome work... it's also awesome to see the younger crowd getting in and getting their hands dirty, and " BUILD" their own rides.

The SAMINATOR!! who knew? Good choice.

I believe you got the same hot rod gene your mom and dad have, they are great people.

Love the idea of a four door, I did a build up of a 72 Chevelle it was a four door also ( several years ago), SS styled hood , SS dash, SS buckets with a center console and auto shifter, even did the SS pad on the rear bumper, duals, 350/350 combo, new poly bushings all around, and can't tell you what springs I had but it had the right stance on 255/60/15's in all 4 corners on those hot dog slot Chevy rims with disc brake hub caps.. it was that baby olive green ,white painted roof,and white SS stripes, the A/C even worked...!! ( I believe it's still in Lafayette, IN area, as a tow rig for Jr dragster.)

Good luck with the build.
      Later

Chris Reed
      Vice Director of the Indiana Buick GSCA Club
      "STG1RGL"
      82 Regal (in 87 sheetmetal) w/Buick Big Block 455
      (R.I.P. lost in my garage fire 01/09/14)
      www.cardomain.com/id/stg1regal

7.5 G's Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exwestracer View Post
      Santa HATES AMXes...no room to haul anything.
      I don't know about that. It hauls the mail just fine.

Sorry everybody, updates will be coming soon.

Sam,It should be finished by NOW.LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Sam,It should be finished by NOW.LOL!!
      Nah, Sam's too busy working on everyone else's project!!
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

I'm just kidding him.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com