Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      Thanks Derek, how's your LS swap going?
      Slow... haven't made any progress in a couple weeks.

Keith, my parents had a 2000 Grandprix GT four door and a 96 Impala SS that were both really cool so I don't think four doors are thought of the way they used to be, and are much more affordable than 2 door Chevelles.
      96 Impala SS is a sweet car! I still want to own one some day. :

We already have the wagon the wagon with plenty of Patina so I really want a solid one color car to drive to school.
      ...and it'll be a lot easier to pick up chicks with it if it's shiny. Not scaring the ladies away is an important feature for a high-school car.

Derek Kiefer,
      Mantorville, MN

Hi Sam, this is a great project! You and your family will have a great time together working on your car. How long will it be before you get a license?

Very cool project. You are lucky to be getting into the hobby in your teens. Also, it is very refreshing to have a younger guy like yourself post on the board with well written and informative posts. No slang or text abbreviations. Keep us posted with pics.
      Stephen

Good luck Sam. I'm liking the 4 door build. I think its great when people do something a little different. Keep it up.

It's good to see the younger generation getting involved in hot rodding. I'm sure your dad is just tickled to death about your interested in cars. Cool project. I'll be subscribing and looking forwards to updates.
      Scroungers CC

Quote Originally Posted by 73z-6sp View Post
      This is a cool thread! I hope my son gets into cars with me! Subscribing cuz I wanna see how this goes! Gonna be very cool I'm sure!
      Thanks Aaron, I hope your LS swap goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      Hi Sam, cool project you've got going there!
      I started a 4 door project too, just to do something different and to keep me busey on a budget. (it's not so much pro-touring yet, for that I have my Camaro)
      good luck and keep the updates coming!
      Martin]
      Thanks Martin! I'm sure the Netherlands could use a pro-touring four door also!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance-W View Post
      Sam,
      I think you know who I am
      I have a ton of stuff in my showroom on Team Chevelle that I was planning on selling. If there's anything you need there let me know before I try and list it. I also have a Muncie M-21 that needs some small parts or a Super T-10 that needs a countershaft. Either one is yours if your dad will pick up the shipping.
      Lance
      That's awesome Lance, Dad said we can entertain the idea of buying one of your four speeds. I told him I could do the rebuild (I watched it on Spike TV's Musclecar this morning).

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
      I did. I am about to dump all the money and then some in a new 42 x 50 shop behind my house.
      Richard, that would be great! We work in a 28x44' two story shop that I help build when I was younger. It's 30 minutes from our house now so when it sells we're going to build bigger and better on our property where we live.

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      You mentioned a wagon too, are there pics of that? PT build?
      My Dad's avatar (tommycomfort) is a picture of our wagon. He did have a thread about it (grocery getter) before Run thru the Hills 2009, but he is getting ready to start a new one for some of the changes we are making.

the real reason for painting it

Quote Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
      ...and it'll be a lot easier to pick up chicks with it if it's shiny. Not scaring the ladies away is an important feature for a high-school car.
      Although it's not really going to be shiny, I still think they will like it (I hope ).

Very cool project. You are lucky to be getting into the hobby in your teens. Also, it is very refreshing to have a younger guy like yourself post on the board with well written and informative posts. No slang or text abbreviations. Keep us posted with pics.
      Thanks Stephen, I guess school has paid off a little. LOL Dad also likes to proof read these posts just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      Good luck Sam. I'm liking the 4 door build. I think its great when people do something a little different. Keep it up.
      Thanks Tony, in this case "a little different" = more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebstew View Post
      It's good to see the younger generation getting involved in hot rodding. I'm sure your dad is just tickled to death about your interested in cars. Cool project. I'll be subscribing and looking forwards to updates.
      He seems happy and we really enjoy working together.

That's awesome Lance, Dad said we can entertain the idea of buying one of your four speeds. I told him I could do the rebuild (I watched it on Spike TV's Musclecar this morning).
      Not buy Sam. FREE!!! just pay the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance-W View Post
      Not buy Sam. FREE!!! just pay the shipping.
      That's a cool jesture! Hats off to you sir.
      Scroungers CC

Quote Originally Posted by Rebstew View Post
      That's a cool jesture! Hats off to you sir.
      Co-signed. The Fantastic 4 door needs a 4 speed for sure.
      Stephen

Cool project! Sam. I can't wait to see the finish project.
      Scott

Scott
      Romszewicz Motorsports

Co-signed. The Fantastic 4 door needs a 4 speed for sure.
      It does need a stick for sure, but we will see how things play out.

Quote Originally Posted by RomsMotors View Post
      Cool project! Sam. I can't wait to see the finish project.
      Scott
      Thanks Scott, this car may be a couple of years, but we will definitely see you this season!

I haven't done too much lately since I have been helping out with the 66, wagon and house remodel. We got four days off of school due to the "icepocalypse" that hit our area, but I did manage to get the interior stripped. The floors look really good with the exception of two small holes. I also pulled the A/C dash out, and will sell that to make some money for this and our other projects. A/C might be something I add later and I can just use under the dash vents. More work and pictures will be coming soon!
      Sam

I'm not sure how I haven't seen your thread until now....subscribing!

If none of the talented folks that have offered their help are available and you need something, give me a shout. ;)

Starting with a solid car will save you some serious time and money----- good choice.

Keep up the good work.
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Quote Originally Posted by wiedemab View Post
      I'm not sure how I haven't seen your thread until now....subscribing!

If none of the talented folks that have offered their help are available and you need something, give me a shout. ;)

Starting with a solid car will save you some serious time and money----- good choice.

Keep up the good work.
      Thanks Brandon,
      We are really looking forward to getting started on the body this summer.

Love it. We need more 4 door project ideas.

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been doing little things on my car here and there. Recently I have been working alot with my Dad on the LS swap in my parents 66 Chevelle.

The biggest news I have about the car is the addition of the DSE tubular upper and lower A-arms. I don't know the right way to put it, but I guess I got my first unofficial sponsor. My dad and I have been saving money and talking to Kyle Tucker (Detroit Speed) about buying A-arms for quite a while, and hoped to buy them when DSE was in Indy for the Hot Rod and Restoration Show. Long story short, when I tried to pay Kyle for the A-arms he wouldn't take my money. Our family already thinks the world of DSE parts, and considers Kyle and Stacy Tucker good friends but this is just unbelievable act of kindness.

Here are some current pictures:

Front clip off

LS1 rear calipers off of a 4th generation Camaro we found in a junk yard. We've disassembled them and the big parts are at the powdercoater before we rebuild them. Dad bought Baer brackets a while back in the parts classifieds, and we are going to run the 12in. drilled and slotted rotors that came off of our 66.

The guy that was renting a house from my parents moved out owing a lot of money so my Dad took these aftermarket Corvette wheels as partial payment. All four are 17x8.5" and are brand new. I know we'll need spacers, but they are a lot lighter than the Cragar Soft 8's we were going to run.

This is a motor that my Dad and I put together a few years ago. It's a relatively stock 283 and will probably be the engine I run for the first year or so (unless I can come up with something with more power).

And last but not least, the DSE front control arms to go with the spindles that we already had. Dad and Mom have had a few different types of arms and the quality of these are second to none!

Quote Originally Posted by bg5512 View Post
      Love it. We need more 4 door project ideas.
      Thanks, I don't think there are enough either!

Wow Sam. Looks great! Props to Kyle and Stacey for sure...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com