Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      My new upper trailing arms that I got for Christmas. They are the same ones we have in the wagon and 66.

Awesome Project! Good Luck Sam!

...Man, you should really get a rendering done to see what the car will look like.... haha.

-Sean

Thanks again to Sean Rich for drawing a rendering of what I want to do with the car. He also sent some hard copies so I can hang one in my room and one in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Sam, i got thinking of what parts i have here at my place that im not going to use that i can give you. Well i remembered i had a set of headers that i cant/wont be using. If you want them you can have them.
      Hedman 68608 - Hedman Hedders Elite Headers
      Awesome offer Dan, but it will be a long time before we need the headers. Thanks though!

Sam thats going to be a sweet project. Its cool that you are picking up the taste of old cars like your mom and dad. I look forward to watching the progress.

I like the idea of keeping the patina orange if you can. Think that would be cool.

Hey Sam, just found your build thread..I love SAMINATOR. I'll be watching and will be happy to help any way I can. I have some UCA/LCA set to the side for you guys. Keep us posted on anything you need or any quesitons you may have during your build.
      Hope you all are having a great Holiday Season.
      Kyle

I'm diggin' it!
      Derek Kiefer,
      Mantorville, MN

sweeeet. it used to be that 4drs were uber-uncool, but I think the public has gotten used to seeing high performance ones, ever since euro cars like the M5 have come around. the '67 has some really great lines, good choice.
      and really, who wouldn't want to cruise around with all of their friends?
      keep at it, starting young w/ support from your parents is really cool!
      Keith C.

Hey Sam, just subscribed to your thread so I can keep up with your progress.
      You have a great start on your project. I have a 4dr. parts car if you are missing something,
      let me know,I may have it.
      I'm liking the custom dash idea! I would like to talk to you about what you have in mind for it.
      Keep up the good work.

Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by DSE View Post
      Hey Sam, just found your build thread..I love SAMINATOR. I'll be watching and will be happy to help any way I can. I have some UCA/LCA set to the side for you guys. Keep us posted on anything you need or any quesitons you may have during your build.
      Hope you all are having a great Holiday Season.
      Kyle
      Thanks, Kyle! I am working on a chassis for a buddy of ours to save for the control arms, and I will definitely keep you guys posted.

I'll be following this thread closely for ideas on my '66 F-85 more-door.....

Great start!
      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"

That patina is so good that it looks fake!! A little patch on the bottom of that RF fender and do a little blend, and leave it.

My first car was a 66 bel air four door. Sheesh my buddies and I had fun in that thing and it wasn't nearly as cool as that is gonna be.
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
      Sam thats going to be a sweet project. Its cool that you are picking up the taste of old cars like your mom and dad. I look forward to watching the progress.
      Thanks Richard, I met you with my Dad at Goodguys Columbus, did you sell your Cutlass?

Quote Originally Posted by cmraman View Post
      I like the idea of keeping the patina orange if you can. Think that would be cool.
      Hey Rob,
      We'll probably leave it that way for a while, but I really want it solid maroon eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
      I'm diggin' it!
      Thanks Derek, how's your LS swap going?

Quote Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
      sweeeet. it used to be that 4drs were uber-uncool, but I think the public has gotten used to seeing high performance ones, ever since euro cars like the M5 have come around. the '67 has some really great lines, good choice.
      and really, who wouldn't want to cruise around with all of their friends?
      keep at it, starting young w/ support from your parents is really cool!
      Keith, my parents had a 2000 Grandprix GT four door and a 96 Impala SS that were both really cool so I don't think four doors are thought of the way they used to be, and are much more affordable than 2 door Chevelles.

Quote Originally Posted by 67MAL View Post
      Hey Sam, just subscribed to your thread so I can keep up with your progress.
      You have a great start on your project. I have a 4dr. parts car if you are missing something,
      let me know,I may have it.
      I'm liking the custom dash idea! I would like to talk to you about what you have in mind for it.
      Keep up the good work.
      Malcolm
      Thanks Malcom, your dash is one of the reasons I want to build a custom one! We're buying a metal sheer/bender/roller from one of my Dad's friends pretty soon so I can start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1360 View Post
      I'll be following this thread closely for ideas on my '66 F-85 more-door.....
      Great start!
      More-door is a great project name!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanie View Post
      That patina is so good that it looks fake!! A little patch on the bottom of that RF fender and do a little blend, and leave it.
      We already have the wagon the wagon with plenty of Patina so I really want a solid one color car to drive to school.

This is a cool thread! I hope my son gets into cars with me! Subscribing cuz I wanna see how this goes! Gonna be very cool I'm sure!

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Hi Sam, cool project you've got going there!

I started a 4 door project too, just to do something different and to keep me busey on a budget. (it's not so much pro-touring yet, for that I have my Camaro)

good luck and keep the updates coming!

Martin
      www.pro-touring.nl
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Sam,

I think you know who I am

I have a ton of stuff in my showroom on Team Chevelle that I was planning on selling. If there's anything you need there let me know before I try and list it. I also have a Muncie M-21 that needs some small parts or a Super T-10 that needs a countershaft. Either one is yours if your dad will pick up the shipping.

Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      Thanks Richard, I met you with my Dad at Goodguys Columbus, did you sell your Cutlass?

I did. I am about to dump all the money and then some in a new 42 x 50 shop behind my house.

You mentioned a wagon too, are there pics of that? PT build?
      Stephen

cool project! good luck
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com