Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Official Registration for the First Annnual RTTS is OPEN

OK Guys, Everything is set, registration is officially open. All years, cars are welcomed, though we prefer American rear wheel drive.
      Remember, this is a no refund event, we will run rain or shine. If you buy a spot and then can not make it, it is up to you to sell your spot. I simply don't have the time to be the broker. As all my events go, selling a spot has never been a problem, we always have a waiting list. This event is open to the first 60 PAID spots. You must go to my paypal, and pay or pm me for my address if you prefer sending check or money order. Your spot is not reserved until payment.
      Thanks guys, this will be a huge event and we are looking forward to it, see everyone there.
      Here is the link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtts/form.php
      Last edited by Larry Callahan; 12-20-2010 at 09:49 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Country Flag: Canada
      Since the days off work for once is there an issue with abusing a rent a wreck? Might be able to make one event this year even if it means flying in and running something that isnt mine. Id love to do run to the coast, but the days cant possible work with my job and the time of the year being right in the middle of our busiest season.

Quote Originally Posted by 69fbodyproject View Post
      Since the days off work for once is there an issue with abusing a rent a wreck? Might be able to make one event this year even if it means flying in and running something that isnt mine. Id love to do run to the coast, but the days cant possible work with my job and the time of the year being right in the middle of our busiest season.
      What you do with your rental car is between you and your rental company..... We don't check pink slips.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Is this event eligible for track insurance? How many sessions will there be?

Quote Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
      Is this event eligible for track insurance? How many sessions will there be?
      Not sure what you are asking. The track is providing required insurance for their property, etc, but insurance on your car usually stops the minute you are on the track, check with your policy.

As a general rule, from what people are telling me, generally they run in groups and get 4 to 5 twenty minute sessions a day on the big track. We will be working with the track with their normal setup and then the groups not running the big track will be over getting in their autocross laps. If we run 15 car groups, we should be at about 4 groups, maybe 5 with vendors, so I think we will be on track here.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

When I do most track days I buy track day insurance. Its about $125.00 per $20,000 insured. If you want I could see if they would cover a pro-tour day.

Last time I was on track at Monticello Motor sports with an Exotic car club ... a few bit the dust. Here is a pic of one guy I took that wished he got track insurance.

Would I need to attend a driving school if I have never been on a road course or do I just pay the $225 and bring my helmet? I've been using an 02' Zo6 as a daily driver for a couple years but really have the itch to get on a road course with it. Im in Pa so this event sounds very do-able to me.

I am sure their will be instructors. On most HPDE days the helmet has to be Snell 2000 rated or better. Track days are not races ... As every instructor stresses ... check your ego at the door and learn to drive and have fun. The Ferrari in the above pic could have been saved if he just listen to his instructor, but he felt that if he spent over 200K on a car .. he knew how to drive.

No Spectators?
      Used to be known as S1NISTER 87GN

When I do most track days I buy track day insurance. Its about $125.00 per $20,000 insured. If you want I could see if they would cover a pro-tour day.

Last time I was on track at Monticello Motor sports with an Exotic car club ... a few bit the dust. Here is a pic of one guy I took that wished he got track insurance.

I'd sure like to know more about this insurance and who to contact about buying it on a regular basis,,, drop me a line at [email protected] if you wouldn't mind...
      Thanks,
      Albert
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      Would I need to attend a driving school if I have never been on a road course or do I just pay the $225 and bring my helmet? I've been using an 02' Zo6 as a daily driver for a couple years but really have the itch to get on a road course with it. Im in Pa so this event sounds very do-able to me.
      We will group people with like skills together as much as possible. After the first session, I feel we will move people around so people running similar times will be together. This does too things. First it keeps the slower guys out of the fast guys way, Second the slower guys are not nearly as nervous since no one is eating their rear and pushing them out of the way.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      We will group people with like skills together as much as possible. After the first session, I feel we will move people around so people running similar times will be together. This does too things. First it keeps the slower guys out of the fast guys way, Second the slower guys are not nearly as nervous since no one is eating their rear and pushing them out of the way.
      Thank you for posting that Bill!!! I have some track experiance in a 1983 Spec RX7...but non in my monte. I was worried that I would be holding up the "faster" guys.....
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Will we be working corner flag stations, or are workers being hired?

Bill,

Are you going to start a list of whose signed up on this thread?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Country Flag: Canada
      Registration page won't allow me to add my info to registar bill. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Bill,

Are you going to start a list of whose signed up on this thread?
      Id like to know how many spots are available too... Still not sure if my car will be ready by then. Or, if it is ready, if I will have the funds to go

I assume we can go down anyway if we didnt register to watch?
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

I am working on the spreadsheet on who is coming and will post it soon. A couple have registered today, I think we have 32 signed up? Registration page worked for me, not sure what the issue was earlier. If it continues for you pm or email me.

Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

I have been following the thread and see a bunch of posts asking about On Track coverage. That is what I specialize in and can provide the coverage on a package basis. We offer annual insurance policies where you choose how many track events you want to participate in per year (we offer packages of 5, 10, 15 & 20 events). Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are interested and I'll email you back our 1 page application.
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

I am sure their will be instructors. On most HPDE days the helmet has to be Snell 2000 rated or better. Track days are not races ... As every instructor stresses ... check your ego at the door and learn to drive and have fun. The Ferrari in the above pic could have been saved if he just listen to his instructor, but he felt that if he spent over 200K on a car .. he knew how to drive.
      Ohh, and a quick note in regards to helmets. Snell 2000 expired in October of 2010. You will need a Snell 2005 or newer to pass any track day tech.
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

check your email!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com