Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Another dang Camaro

After threats from Rich (MCMLXIX) I was told I need to start a new build thread on my latest project.

A 67 Camaro.

I sold my last Project NVMYSS a 69 Chevelle that I had owned twice since 96 Thread here. I took the money from it and bought a 67 Camaro off a member Daniel Louie (DLoiue).

The Camaro had been posted for a good while and I was able to drive up to look at the car on the 20th of Nov. I liked what I saw and we struck a deal.

I loaded it up on the trailer and brought it home.

The car came with LS1 and 4l60, Ricks narrow tank and a good paint job.
      Leaving me a good start for a PT build. Where I get to pick the suspension.
      I'll try to keep this as low buck as I can so I'll be following in the foot steps of those that have proven leafs can work. Tyler, and Carl's builds will be that foundation.

The money I had left over from the Chevelle was going to go right into the suspension, but instead I bought 14" Wilwoods all the way around 6 pot up front & 4 in the rear.
      The car came with some 13" Wilwoods for the front with the stock spindles, but I'm won over by the AFX spindle so these are being sold to fund my wheels.
      I have to now go with 18" to clear the massive 14". 17" ZR1's would have been much cheaper.

With the remaining money I called upon Frank @ Prodigy to set me up with the new Dakota Digital gauge set, Stainless Bolt set, and Wilwood prop. valve.
      I scored a 2.5 Magnaflow exhaust of ebay for $420 shipped.
      Got some 275/35-18's off Todd (VEGAS69) for the rear.

So that is my project to this point, not much will happen until I have more time and more $$.
      The time I will have in a few months when the wife goes down range. I'll have lots of time to work on the car and the house.

The to-do list is long but I plan on making this a daily driver and enjoying the car.
      Phase one:
      18" Wheels
      AFX Spindles
      750 springs & adjusters
      Rear springs
      Bilstein shocks
      Front seats
      Morris Seat belts
      Vintage air
      Headliner

Phase two
      DSE sub-fraime connector