Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
      and you would be out of excuses..
      Coming from anyone else, that would actually be offensive--but from you, it could be considered a compliment. Unfortunately, I do have a posi--which I hope to have in before RTTC---but, you know how that kind of stuff can go.

Doug,

You can't go wrong with Speartech. John set me up with my ecu wiring...everything works great, too.

David, how much was your setup and did it come complete with the pedal, etc?

You can't go wrong with Speartech.
      what would an advatage of a speartech harness be over a gmpp setup? i would think he could get the tune closer and i hear is customer service is great, but is there anything else?
      Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

The GMPP harness is big. Did I mention it's big? Like, BIG. It is also a fixed-routing system, meaning that everyone has to use the same harness routing (unless you want to spend a lot of time reworking it.) With Speartech you can order the harness to route in a way that works for your application and ECM mounting location.

The GMPP does come more complete. It includes a power center, where the Speartech requires you furnish the power supply points.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I used a 5.3 in my 70 chevy c-10, so I didn't use/need the special pedal. I think it was $400-500 to have John re-work the factory harness. In case you didn't know, John will take the factory harness and remove all the crap you don't need. John then labels every wire for easy installation. Oh yeah, the harness also comes with a OBDII output. I will use my OBDII hook up for all my gauges...temporarily. I will post a pic if the rain lets up anytime soon.

I used a tuner in the I.E. for my ecu.

Why not consider the Holley EFI system that doesn't require a tune and you can save 15% at Summit right now.

I used the same setup Andrew did, but spent the time to rework the harness and use the 4th gen body harness to power it. Yes it was a major project, but I'm very happy with how everything worked out.

As far as tuning and sensor bungs, I use HP tuners and put the car into open loop mode then record O2 reading from the same bung the system O2's use.
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      The GMPP harness is big. Did I mention it's big? Like, BIG. It is also a fixed-routing system, meaning that everyone has to use the same harness routing (unless you want to spend a lot of time reworking it.) With Speartech you can order the harness to route in a way that works for your application and ECM mounting location.

The GMPP does come more complete. It includes a power center, where the Speartech requires you furnish the power supply points.
      So my wiring has begun. I honestly don't know where to start. I would like to keep the ecu and fusebox inside the car. Seems like I'm going to have to rework the harness slightly.

Where do i mount the big fuse panel?
      The wires don't look long enough to mount the ecu under the seat
      Anyone have some install pictures?

Any help would be great

Wow, old thread!

I put the fuse block in front of the rf tire kind of where the battery tray was, and the cpu above that hung under the fender kind of hidden. Pm me if you want pics.

I have seen others put a big grommet on the firewall or tunnel and get the stuff under the dash too.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

yea i forgot i already have a spear tech grommet in my firewall. Im thinking i need to get creative and mount the ecu and fuse panel under the dash some how. What about the area in the kick panel?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com