Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tonner View Post
      Still waiting, and no light at the end of the tunnel BAER officially SUCK
      Interesting.................well if all else fails, July 1st is right around the corner!

Im waiting for my floater set as well... i have no choice but to be patient. I am sure it will be worth it.
      -Louis
      1967 RS/SS (driver)
      1968 RS/SS (project)

GMR was working on their system for the last year... He went silent last year with no further updates... I got tired of waiting and went with Moser's Circle Track system. We did some modifying to make it work with a Street application.
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Just got word that my set is being shipped this week... Hopefully this isn't just a tease.
      -Louis
      1967 RS/SS (driver)
      1968 RS/SS (project)

Just received my floater... fed-ex just finished unloading the truck... The fun begins!
      -Louis
      1967 RS/SS (driver)
      1968 RS/SS (project)

Need detailed pics, Lou! As soon as you start install process
      Fernando
      1967 PT Camaro
      Project "N-XSS"
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=70712

Quote Originally Posted by LUACE View Post
      Just received my floater... fed-ex just finished unloading the truck... The fun begins!
      It's interesting that once another company comes out with the full floater set up, Baer finally starts delivering their long awaited/promised product, literally within the week. Perhaps it's a coincidence, perhaps not....Either way, it's aggravating for those of us that have been waiting sooo long.

Ok, I'm off my soap box. Good luck with your rear. Hope it works well, and please post pics. As for me, my 4+ month wait is over, I'm going with GMR. I'll post pics asap, as I know everyone wants to see some good eye candy!
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Quote Originally Posted by BADDRIDE II View Post
      Sorry for delay, I just spoke with the manufacturer of this product today. As I already knew from speaking with them upon purchase of mine, that the release date to the public would be Friday July 1st. I was lucky enough to receive my "Floater Rear" prior to the official release date (lots of begging). The manufacturer has asked me to not give details as they will be giving these themselves July 1st here on PT.com! What I can tell you is that this Floater setup is a complete custom piece designed specifically for the serious PT/Autocross enthusiest. I was told that the shelves will be more than stocked and ready for shipment (as to not duplicate Baer's situation). Gotta respect that! Based on what I have seen.....I would wait until July 1st to make a decision on a floater kit.
      It's Aug, did this company post their product on here like you said they were gonna? I haven't seen anything
      Traven

Was this ever updates? Looking for real feedback.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Just a thought on this subject. Someone on the el camino forums was asking about installing a 5th gen camaro rear in a 5th gen g-body. Seeing the cost of converting a rear to full floater makes the idea of retro fitting a later model IRS rear just a little more appealing, particularly for someone with just a crappy stock rear. The late GTO units are probably closest to a workable as is size for most retrofits.

For someone with the Welding and fabrication skills, I’m sure it would be more cost effective. Since I have a Quadra link car, it sure would be a pain to cut it all out. The would probably be $10k for someone like me to have it done. For my comparison the parts and labor would likely amount to $15k over the $250 in labor to have floater ends welded on my housing. An Art Morrison set up is $13k just for the parts, labor and incidentals and I see upwards of $20k said and done. I think I would buy a new camaro before going down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Just a thought on this subject. Someone on the el camino forums was asking about installing a 5th gen camaro rear in a 5th gen g-body. Seeing the cost of converting a rear to full floater makes the idea of retro fitting a later model IRS rear just a little more appealing, particularly for someone with just a crappy stock rear. The late GTO units are probably closest to a workable as is size for most retrofits.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Yea, didn't really direct that thought towards you vehicle, but for someone like me nursing a toughened up 7.5" gm rear with drum brakes behind a stick shift LS, the thought of the possibility of retro fitting a used factory IRS capable of handling what I'll likely put it through as it comes sounds worth looking in to.

A portion of holding off on something like a Ferd 9 rear is the brakes. I got knockback issues on my old daily driver sprinter company van & double braking sucks.
      Prices of Heidts & other aftermarket IRS are out of the question for average folk.
      Now that 5th gen camaros & 2000's gto's are getting older it could cost less than a good 9" rear, suspension upgrades , & the high cost of floater upgrade if the how too became more common knowledge.
      Was hoping someone that knows more than me on the subject may jump in here.

By the way, sorry to hear you can't weld or fab, I couldn't have had a half decent teenage childhood without getting a start making schtufff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com