Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      I cannot wait to here how this goes Greg you are finally getting to the finish line! I will get the popcorn ready and will be waiting for updates. Just got my Monitor yesterday and will start mockup. To Troy, "Go get em Batman"

Quote Originally Posted by greg5436 View Post
      Troy is here in High Ridge Mo. and we are getting ready to install the first Mimod hp system in my car.i will take some pics and keep you updated this weekend on how everything goes.i know alot of people like myself have been waiting on this to happen so if everything goes good it will make the process for everyone else go easier. greg
      I don't know how you do things out in MO, but here in Kalifornia the weekend is only till Monday morning. How did it go?

well we had a little problem with his board communicating with the ISIS system.he had to redo something to get it to work.so we went ahead and hooked up the main touch screen and ahead of driver screens and got them working.it is going to be really cool when it is finished. he is coming back this weekend if he gets his boards programmed so i will update again. greg

It's been a couple months since I ordered mine, has anybody else other than Greg received theirs?

Have you been in contact with them? I know mine is just about done I have a few different screens to design then it should be ready to ship!

well troy came out yesterday even though we had a blizzard come through our area.first we worked on the touch screen, setting it up,wiring to the ISIS system and then testing it out.hooked it all up and everything worked.very simple wiring to ISIS. troy set the mimod box up with a ground signal so only 1 wire from mimod to 1 wire ISIS and it worked. the only thing we have to change is start button and window buttons and door and trunk solenoids just need a momentary push button, so troy just has to write a program for that.next thing we hooked up all the the ahead of drivers screens and played with them.he had the gauges appear on the screen in a test mode. they looked great.well lit.there are so many different ways you can change backgrounds,switches and anything you can think of.the next thing we have to do is get all the guages communicating with the sensors,some are ohms,some are crank trigger pulses.speedo pulses so this will take a little time.everything else is hooked up so i am going to clean up all the wiring and get the bezel made for the gauge screens and get it to the interior shop. then when the car is done we can update the system to work everything. after see this work this weekend i am 100% confident there will be nothing we can't work thru on this system.i don't understand writing programs or how this works but i questioned him on anything i could think of and he had the answers.i know Tim watson is getting his done next and he has alot more going on than mine and have talked to tim on the phone many times. once Tim gets his system worked out i think everyone else will go smooth. i think they brought this out alittle soon and did not have all the info for cars like ours because troy design this system for electric cars.so everyone waiting i think you will be happy in the long run because i got worried for awhile but after this weekend i feel confident for everyone now. i am going to get a flip video recorder and try to make a video and post it once i clean up the wiring.also when updating your system later the most you have to do is remove the small mimod box to add to it,so make sure you get everything installed in main box you think you might need down the road. any questions from anyone who has one on order or interest in one i will try to answer them from what i have seen. greg

Congratulations Greg,Troy I am glad everything is working out great. I cannot wait to see it in action, a few months ago it was only a little dream and it sounds like it is becoming a reality. When you say momentary buttons for the trunk you are talking that Troy has to program them for the touch screen? No more questions I will wait for the unveiling of the Beast!

Tim the buttons he has programed right now are timed-delayed so you can program the switchto stay on for a certain amount of time.but on the push button start system for ISIS you just need a button you can hold and release with no programmed time in it.so right now you have to double touch a switch to work it on/off so that a window motor shuts off when going all the way up or down.greg

Quote Originally Posted by greg5436 View Post
      Tim the buttons he has programed right now are timed-delayed so you can program the switchto stay on for a certain amount of time.but on the push button start system for ISIS you just need a button you can hold and release with no programmed time in it.so right now you have to double touch a switch to work it on/off so that a window motor shuts off when going all the way up or down.greg
      I figured that there would be bugs at first. I was also getting a little worried, but not much, since I don't particularly need this system soon; I am a few months away from having the time to wire my car anyway, so I'm glad that it's all getting taken care of in the meantime. I look forward to some more pics, even if they are before you straighten out the wiring.

Hey Guys, I know it's been awhile since I had an update. Growing pains. But we have some video of some setup on you tube i thought you guys would like to see. CHeck out the videos. We should have some video coming soon form the first 10 units sold here. Most, if not all, are already out the door. We are now taking orders for the next batch of units and now offer a standard system setup that is user customizable from the screen for color, switch display, gauge setup..etc...etc.. This makes turn around much much quicker and we can get units out the door for most customers within 48 hours if they choose the Standard setup.
      If you want custom screens there is now a small fee, simply because of the time it takes to get things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJoxXZksr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHTRl...be/ws_XA9yBDjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws_XA...ature=youtu.be
      Last edited by kjwalters; 04-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Just wanted to say thanks to Troy and Jamie for all the help and definitely the patients they gave me while we were trying to get the system together, level of service has gone beyond what I would expect. Still no vendor rating system but if there was I would recommend them forsure to anybody looking to add something different to their ride. I'll post a couple pictures once the system is in.

Anything happening with this? I am very interested on controlling fuel pumps, injector rates, waste gates and a bunch of other items in my 71 GMC C15.

Troy will correct me of things have changed, but mimod isn't really for those things: you need processing power and specific programming to do those things that allows interaction with your efi system. Mimod is really more to control all the more conventional things in your car (like power windows, is anything controlled by a switch). If I were you I'd be looking into holley dominator efi or the like.

will there ever be anymore mimod setups sold at PT pricing ever again?

Has there been any updates on the interface with FAST XFI system or the possibility of one for MoTech systems?

Also is it possible to have a interface for an IPod, IPhone or IPad to beable to run iTunes or other apps and for Bluetooth to lin for hands free use with a phone?
      Building cars or any project must be fun first. If not it turns into a job.

We build cars for the fun and enjoyment of it, it is a family time things.

So if the fun stops, the build stops.

Any special deals through pro touring?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com