Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      SOLD****SOLD****SOLD*****SOLD******

We would like to thank the PT forum members for their support.

Hello guys

We are working on some things you guys may be interested in.

First, we are working with innovate motorsports to offer their Wide O2 LC-1 senor. This will allow you to display this information in the MiMod HP.

I have also contacted F.A.S.T to interface with their XFI systems allowing you to pull and display info and tune.

AEM is also in the work, along the same line as Fast.

Lastly an ODB1 otpion for those running older EFI systems.

stay tuned.

Hi guys

Just so you know. We should have some great pics and video of the MiMod HP units we sold in some PT forum members rides. We hand selected one of two and are sending a couple guys down to help install and take some pics and video fo you. Should be fun. Stay tuned.

any luck on the videos or install pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy 67 View Post
      any luck on the videos or install pics?
      Not yet, the holidays are making things a little hard to get schedules in order. But, we are working with a few of the members that purchased the MiMod HP to get pics and video of the instal. We should have them soon. Thanks for your patients.

Jamie

This sounds cool...any members who have purchased one of these units out there to chime in on the progress?

73 Camaro
      Gene

Will your system operate a vintage air heat a/c setup that would normally have the vintage air electronic controls?
      Turbos, 1700.00
      Hot Side, 1500.00
      Cold Side, 1,000.00
      Fuel System, 1,000.00
      The look on the face of whomever the passenger is when the tires break loose at o say 70 mph or so........priceless

My MIMod Hp Set up

Just started working with Jamie & Troy @ MiMod HP designing the LCD guage layout. So far I am opting for two 7 inch LCD screens to serve as guages & a 10 inch touchscreen for controlling the entire sysytem.The system will also include WIFI, 4GB RAM, 64GB hard drive, OBDII engine monitoring application, the entertainment package for MP3 & video, GPS & an indash USB connector. I am also incorporating the Isis 3 Cell System into the build. Both have been group purchases from Pro-Touring.com. My goal right now is to fabricate the dash to house the LCD screens. The first step was to design the guage layout. I provided the guys @ MIMod Hp with an idea of what I was looking for & they were able to fine tune and come up with a design. Jamie & Troy have made this whole concept come to life & have been able to incorporate all my requests into the system.The idea behind the design is to eliminate all switches & knobs from my dash & have everything on the 10 inch touchscreen. I will update progress in my build thread.

Here is what I sent them: (this is just an idea)

and this is what we came up with:

This is a rendering of the dash:

I like the original quite a bit. I'm not doing the dash (already have autometers int here) so I'm just doing the switch interface; what have you come up with for that? I'd like to get rid of all my switches as well, excedpt of course for the horn and turn signal. Though I've considered using a physical button for the starter, so I don't have to wait for the system to boot and could just start driving.

Anyone know if bluetooth is going to be available? Thast's something that I'll need.

Also, it looks like you bought your sound deadener from Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      Also, it looks like you bought your sound deadener from Optimus Prime.
      HA HA HA Fat Mat

I like the original quite a bit. I'm not doing the dash (already have autometers int here) so I'm just doing the switch interface; what have you come up with for that? I'd like to get rid of all my switches as well, excedpt of course for the horn and turn signal. Though I've considered using a physical button for the starter, so I don't have to wait for the system to boot and could just start driving.

Anyone know if bluetooth is going to be available? Thast's something that I'll need.
      We will be looking at that option in the future.Thanks Ross.

If I am understanding this right... MiMod runs on Windows 7? And if that is the case.. Can you run somthing like HP tuners to tune in real time? (you know like multi tasking?) I'm pretty sure you can do that with a laptop through the ODBII port with HP Tuners. (Am I wrong in thinking MiMod is kinda like a tablet PC?) I am really liking the possibilities with this.
      Are the graphics somthing the the end user will be able to change or does that have to be done through your company?
      What are the limitations the number of items you can switch?
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillian View Post
      If I am understanding this right... MiMod runs on Windows 7? And if that is the case.. Can you run somthing like HP tuners to tune in real time? (you know like multi tasking?) I'm pretty sure you can do that with a laptop through the ODBII port with HP Tuners. (Am I wrong in thinking MiMod is kinda like a tablet PC?) I am really liking the possibilities with this.
      Are the graphics somthing the the end user will be able to change or does that have to be done through your company?
      What are the limitations the number of items you can switch?
      Hi Mike

Yes your right in your way of thinking. We can add certain programs that fit your needs. Thats being sadi. You cannot tune throught the OBDII port. That port is an information source which means that you can display all the info from the vehical computer on MiMod HP.
      If you are desiring to tune in real time, it can be done in a few different ways. For e.g we can add software that can tune a stand alone sytem if you have one, or we can control something like a piggy back system providing it has tuning software. We are working with Unichip to interface thier product which would allow a person with any OEM style computer to tune them. This is by far the best way to go and will allow you to control thinhs like A/F, Boost, timing and even water and NOS injection.
      When you purchase the MiMod any customization and additional programs are done with our customer service department. Even though MiMod Runs a windows 7 base it is embedded and programs will need to be added at the time of order.
      As for graphics. We offer a good assortment of chioces in the Unit as standard. Things like adding or removing a switch, re-naming switches, gauge cluster choices and 12 color variations.
      That said when you purchase MiMod Hp one of the things you can do is have us make or add a custom cluster or switch screen that you help design. Just like you see some of the guys here doing. Thats what makesMiMod HP so Unique and darn cool.

I thought we would be able to update the programs at any time in the future? If we have to do it at the time of order, I think I'd like to wait for a while before I recieve my unit...

I thought we would be able to update the programs at any time in the future? If we have to do it at the time of order, I think I'd like to wait for a while before I recieve my unit...
      Hi Ross, you can update your programs in the future, there is no problems there. I think what he was asking was if he could add any programs he wanted to the MiMod HP by himslef. Updating a program that already exsist or even adding one of our future programs is no problem and our goal is to make current programs and option updates online in the future.
      That Said, the ability to add ANY program is problematic because the system we run is not exactly like on you would find on a laptop. Many of the programs and drivers you would find in a full blown laptop are not in MiMod since they are not needed and would only waste room. Every option and program we offer is created to work with our systems layout. We can take a program you have and add it if a customer prefers. But allowing a customer to add or download a program that may be, to large, infected or not compatable with MiMod would cause warranty issues and other internal problems. The best way to add a program is to contact us, let us know what your would like to do (if it's a program we do not offer) and we can work with you to make it happen. Pretty simple really.
      Thanks Ross

Quote Originally Posted by kjwalters View Post
      Hi Ross, you can update your programs in the future, there is no problems there. I think what he was asking was if he could add any programs he wanted to the MiMod HP by himslef. Updating a program that already exsist or even adding one of our future programs is no problem and our goal is to make current programs and option updates online in the future.
      That Said, the ability to add ANY program is problematic because the system we run is not exactly like on you would find on a laptop. Many of the programs and drivers you would find in a full blown laptop are not in MiMod since they are not needed and would only waste room. Every option and program we offer is created to work with our systems layout. We can take a program you have and add it if a customer prefers. But allowing a customer to add or download a program that may be, to large, infected or not compatable with MiMod would cause warranty issues and other internal problems. The best way to add a program is to contact us, let us know what your would like to do (if it's a program we do not offer) and we can work with you to make it happen. Pretty simple really.
      Thanks Ross
      Thanks for the clarification.

Has anyone got their order? I'm still waiting on mine.

Troy is here in High Ridge Mo. and we are getting ready to install the first Mimod hp system in my car.i will take some pics and keep you updated this weekend on how everything goes.i know alot of people like myself have been waiting on this to happen so if everything goes good it will make the process for everyone else go easier. greg

I am subscribed to the thread. will be looking forward to this.

73 Camaro
      Gene

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com