Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

"Just For Fun" MY 69 camaro

I re-skinned this 69 camaro 3 years ago that I had pick up from Jeff Tate, but until lately, I had not done much with the car.

Every since we did the paint work on II Much I have been wanting to build my own suspension and build a car that was more of a track car, not a show car.
      I will blame JP for that one !LOL!
      So now the past couple years Ron's Budget Mustang has gotten me fired-up to really do it! The fact that he calls me to bug me about how much we have done to the car helps my motivation a lot.

Thank you Ron!

Well we started building the front sub frame from some spare parts that we had accumulated ,C4 corvette front suspension, and C4 Vette offset 18x10s and 18x12s wheels. (I have to give credit to some friends that are helping with the suspension design). My friend Robert(RS Customs) and I designed the sub frame and are building the car together. And John Parsons was kind enough to run and tweak the suspension numbers for us.

We will also be building a 3 link for the rear that JP designed an offered to let me use.
      Thank you guys. It means a lot to me!

Now about the car it will be a two seater with Kirkey alum. seats, full roll cage front to rear, custom dash to look like a 69 dash but no pad,

I got a 6.0 LS with L92 cnc ported heads an what some people called a baby cam from comp cams intake @.050 is 224 Exhaust is 230, .610 intake an .605 exhaust LS is 112.0
      We also got a T56 Magnum 6 speed trans for it. I was taking notes from riding in Ron's car at RTTH's and decided that I would be putting some sound deadening in this car for sure, my ears are still ringing with the fun we had.LOL!! I will also be putting A/C and Wipers in this car as i want to drive it every where, I don't see carpet in this cars future so we will come up with something to make the floors look right.

I talked to Frank at Prodigy Customs today about the 9" rear end he has on order for us, we should see it beginning of the week. Thanks for your help Frank.

David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com