Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

"Spirit of the Event" award and trip to OUSCI

We just wanted to thank everyone for the great time this weekend and at all the events we have been able to make this year. As most people know, we were able to make RTTH's 5 in the 64 wagon last year and felt like the Pro-Touring group was where we really fit into the car hobby. Our 66 Chevelle has been an eight plus year project that has changed goals along the way from a frame off daily driver, to all out show car to what it finally ended up today, a clean Chevelle with great road manners and not so bad track ability.

As I started thinking about what to say here, the kids were walking out the door on their way to school with sleep in their eyes but huge smiles on their faces. Sad part is that none of their friends really know or will understand what a great honor we were given this last weekend. Even as we were getting home last night at O-dark thirty we were still on cloud nine and the first thing Deb said this morning when the alarm went off was "We're going to the SEMA!" What else can I say about our families passion than that?

So, I write this to say, there are people and cars more deserving to go to OUSCI than us, so I apologize to those that feel like we "stole" their invite. I will say this though. We will do everything in our power to represent our hobby/sport/passion to the best of our ability while we are there and without a doubt have the time of our lives.

Thanks again to everyone that makes these events happen and to those that have become great family friends!

Tom, Debbie, Sam and Kaytlin

In case you never checked out our build threads:
      Click here: Here's my run at Pro Touring - Chevelle Tech

Click here: 66 Chevelle PT build (ours) - Pro-Touring.com

Congrats to you!

I haven't had any luck with getting the wife to come to the Autocross. so Saturday evening I told her, "You wouldn't believe it, there was a couple of women autocrossing today!" So hopefully next year she will come.

I am glad that it is a family event for you, Something you don't see much of any more.(family's doing things together)

Tom you and Debbie are "extremely good" examples of what these events are all about.....I'm really so pleased to hear you're going and hope the trip is awesome for you guys....

^5 Protouring70,,, I agree
      Last edited by tazzz25906112; 09-20-2010 at 08:22 AM.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Tom and his family are great people to know. Willing to help anyone if they can.

I know that the weekend started out not so good with the 66 but i would say that changed 110% by sunday.

I said it in the other thread, but this literally made my weekend. Thanks for calling us on our way home to let us know. I got goosebumps when you told me..............I was struggling to stay awake driving, but after your news, Dad and I were so excited for you.

If there is anything that I can do to help you prepare as the event nears, please don't hesitate to give me a call.
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

^5 Brandon besides being the truly great person you (and your dad) always are,,,, that's exactly the spirit this community embodies and why I consider myself luck to be a part of it......
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Congrats Tom and family....enjoy SEMA enough for all of us who can't go.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Good thing happen to good people.............

Tom & family, congrats & thank Kaylyn for the homemade cookies !!!!!! Wiedo

I was thrilled for you and the family when Bill called that out..if ya need any help with anything let me know im not that far away and would help in a heartbeat.and have to agree Kaytlins cookies are awesome..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

I for one dont think it could have gone to anyone better than you an your family.
      It was good to meat you guys hope we can do it again!!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Congrats Tom!! Do us proud! The Chevelle looks great also. Yall have fun and look forward to seeing you and the family next year!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

That's great Tom! I hope to see you there.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Tom - you didn't steal anything from anybody! You and your family are very deserving of the invite and I for one am extremely happy for you and proud to call you my friends!

I hope you have a great time at SEMA and that everyone gets to enjoy seeing your Chevelle and what a family can do together!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Tom

That's awesome !!!!!!!!!

We'll be there all week and are going to OUSCI on Saturday. See you there.

Chris
      Chris Jacobs

Congratulations Tom Debbie and Sam and Kaytlin,
      I really struggled with the award Saturday and Sunday. First, everyone here I consider a friend, second, there are so many cool cars at RTTHs every year and third, the OUSCI is the crowning jewel of the events this year and I had to be sure I was actually sending someone that as Jimi Day says, "Fits the spirit of the Event." I looked at about four cars that I felt were deserving, looked at the owners, looked at how they acted and reacted with the group and thought back on this whole year of events. Once I did that, I could only see Tom and Debbie as the winners, or should I say deservers of the award, IMO. Most people don't know this, but we had a couple that had come to Pigeon Forge to both celebrate their anniversary and participate in RTTHs. Unfortunately for them, they hurt the motor in their Regal. Chris called me on Saturday night and asked if there was anyone that could help them get home. Tom and Debbie had their truck and trailer here, plus both the chevelle and wagon. Tom did not hesitate volunteering to haul Chris' car home if only Chris would drive the chevelle for him so he would have the room on the trailer. This is the kind of people Tom and Debbie are. They have been to four events with me this year, have helped anyone that needed help, tools, parts, etc, including myself at Day at the Strip when I had electrical issues with the Dodge. I have no doubt they will represent the Protouring movement well and I look forward to seeing them at SEMA, the Protouring Dinner, and OUSCI. I am sure it will be a fun week for their family and a blast to watch them enjoy themselves.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Tom, you stole nothing. Bill made the absolute correct choice in sending you, your car, and your family to Las Vegas. That event is supposed to be about grassroots participation. I can't imagine who might better define that. Enjoy!

And a big congrats to Kyle Tucker for winning his invitation this weekend!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Very Cool Tom !! I wish I could have been there to see it all. Let me know if you need anything and it will be good to see you out in Vegas for sure.

Mike Norris
      Mike Norris

Tommy, I don't think I have ever seen you, or any member of your family at an event, without a big old smile on your faces. You stole nothing, your car is one the nicest there, and always in the hunt. I think Bill made a good choice, enjoy! Ron
      Ron Schwarz

I was lucky enough to be asked for my opinion. I was glad Bill had to make the final decision. He fouled me and had me thinking he wasn't going to give it away at all, and that is the truth. As Bill mentioned 4 cars were at the top.

Your sportsmanship and enthusiasm made you the clear choice.

Congratulations, your going to check one bucket item off the list now.

See ya at SEMA!

Tommy-

You and your family are the coolest! I felt like I knew you guys
      forever as soon as we met.

I look forward to seeing you all again at SEMA and seeing the wagon develop as well.

You're a credit to the sport Tommy! Another great call on behalf of RTTH management...
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com