Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Enough said
      Attached Images Attached Images      

I'll send some pics of the front, a little more fabbing, but nothing too intimidating. The stock cradle is nice because everything is attached to it from the factory, I even used the factory column and master cylinder. I did use QA1 shocks because I wanted to be able to get the correct stance by using different spring rates.

Country Flag: Sweden
      1953 Studebaker by Bo Zolland!

53 Stude-

Here are some pics of front end, I threw in a shot of my parts car so you could see what I started with. I dont know what is under yours right now. Basically I threw away whole crossmember and used combo of angle steel and 1/8 flat stock to build it to match corvette cradle.
      If you do start hacking, brace the frame so it doesnt move while you work on it...those frames are mighty thin!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by osdmike View Post
      I really like the 53-55 Studebaker!

Do You remember the article in "HotRod Magazine"?

"Rust Runners" see pics.

----------------------
      Must everyone cut the dang hoods on these cars!?!?!? Nooo!!!

BTW, if anyone needs a Studebaker frame, I have the one out of my 64 Daytona...
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

Quote Originally Posted by 55 stude View Post
      53 Stude-

Here are some pics of front end, I threw in a shot of my parts car so you could see what I started with. I dont know what is under yours right now. Basically I threw away whole crossmember and used combo of angle steel and 1/8 flat stock to build it to match corvette cradle.
      If you do start hacking, brace the frame so it doesnt move while you work on it...those frames are mighty thin!
      Thanks 55 stude. Mine is a stock frame as well and I have heard they are weak. I will probably go with new frame rails but using the corvette the way you did will still apply. I don't think for the money you could get a better or more simple front end to graft in to a frame rail. Nice job! Thanks.

Hey, Craig here - We have done a lot of 53 Studes with all different types of suspensions - from pro-street to pro-touring. I also have a 53 that I bought for my wife and hopefully we will start it very soon.

They are a great car! They do have a long wheelbase (122") so it won't be the best autox car, but they can make for a very awesome GT car (think M6, DB9). Also in the GT theme the trunk is very large and can accept a gigantic fuel tank. I think when I measured for a fuel cell it could easily take a 30-35gal tank with ease and still leave plenty of room for luggage.

High speed & long range!

Country Flag: United States
      Studebaker Hawks were some of the nicest looking cars ever built.

Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com