Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Looking for A Hotel Near Deal's Gap/Robbinsville

I'm going on a road trip with my girlfriend to Smokey Mountain National Park for two days, then heading west around the park and doing The Dragon. I'm planning on spending the night somewhere near Robbinsville or in that area before heading east to the ocean.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area that's worth staying at? I have no idea what the area is like, can anyone fill me in? Is there a place to stay where we can get food and drinks nearby?

-Jim...

1970 Mustang Mach 1, Global West tubulars, roller bearing everything, del-a-lums, 355 Windsor Tremec TKO 600, lots more on the way
      A few other cool toys too

Microtel
      111 Rodney Orr Byp
      Robbinsville, NC 28771 US
      Phone: 828-479-6772

• Our Daily Bread - Adjacent
      • Everybodys Family Restaurant - Nearby
      • Lynns Place - Nearby
      • McDonalds - Nearby
      • Papas Pizza - Nearby
      • Subway - Nearby

• Wendys - Nearby
      • Rubys - 0.1 Miles
      • El Pacifico - 0.2 Miles
      • Phillips Smoky Mountain Restaurant - 0.7 Miles
      • Black Knight Drive In - 0.7 Miles
      • Huddle House - 1 Mile

It has been a few years but I have stayed here several times. Used to be a bbq place the was next to it that was pretty good. Close to the dragon and plenty of food within walking distance. Make sure you check out some of the other roads in the area... you can drive all day on awesome roads and never do the same one twice.

Any particular roads you'd recommend? We'll have some time so if you have any favorites, I'd love to hear about them.
      -Jim...

1970 Mustang Mach 1, Global West tubulars, roller bearing everything, del-a-lums, 355 Windsor Tremec TKO 600, lots more on the way

http://tailofthedragon.com/

most of the information you could want about the dragon

We wound up staying in Asheville, NC since we wanted to get a head start on our drive to the ocean. We did stop at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort for a break which was a neat place and a really cool scene. Aside from bikes, there were a few ZO6's, an NSX, several 350Z's, and a host of Miatas. I'd love to go back with my bike or on my own in the car so I don't have to hold back on the drive. Maybe I'll look into a spring '11 trip.
      -Jim...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com