Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      Vince is going to play counter weight in my car, lol.
      LOLz...you gonna make him ride in the trunk?......

1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Allen got dibs on the trunk,lol

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

I will be MIA from track days for a while, because I'm an idiot and was running a stock oil pan around Thunderhill. I am pretty sure I thrashed some bearings.

I haven't pulled the oil filter yet, but the symptoms are persistent low oil pressure, funny engine sounds, and clunkier shifting. Apparently though, repairing a car is cheaper than tracking a car...so I think breaking it may actually save me money!

Gaetano, what's your oiling system consist of and how is it performing?
      Steven

1968 Camaro: Project "TRACKDAY"

Latest Track Weekend Video

Build in Progress

So far so good, but I definitely recommend the Canton road race pan. I lost a rod bearing a ways back in 2006 due to sucking my Moroso pan dry at Infineon.

I am using a System One remote oil filter set up with a Mocal oil thermostat and a Setrab oil cooler. All lines are 12 AN.

Good luck with the fix, hope to see you out soon!!

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by sik68 View Post
      I will be MIA from track days for a while, because I'm an idiot and was running a stock oil pan around Thunderhill. I am pretty sure I thrashed some bearings.

I haven't pulled the oil filter yet, but the symptoms are persistent low oil pressure, funny engine sounds, and clunkier shifting. Apparently though, repairing a car is cheaper than tracking a car...so I think breaking it may actually save me money!

Gaetano, what's your oiling system consist of and how is it performing?
      Hey Steven. Pull the engine, give me the short block and I will take car of your problem. We can work out the money thing later.

Quote Originally Posted by sevillaz28 View Post
      Hey Steven. Pull the engine, give me the short block and I will take car of your problem. We can work out the money thing later.
      Steven your vacation from the track may be short...I have a 10/10 polished 350 crank that will get donated to the cause, and the CV 1080 LT pan Carl Hollywood Casanova was talking about as well that will get thrown in (you'll need a pickup). Although I recommend the Z-28 00360450 pan, baffle 003927136, pump 12555284, and pickup 03855152 with studs 14087508. GM spent massive amounts of money on research making it work...and it does.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

Quote Originally Posted by CurtiSS 69 View Post
      Steven your vacation from the track may be short...I have a 10/10 polished 350 crank that will get donated to the cause, and the CV 1080 LT pan Carl Hollywood Casanova was talking about as well that will get thrown in (you'll need a pickup). Although I recommend the Z-28 00360450 pan, baffle 003927136, pump 12555284, and pickup 03855152 with studs 14087508. GM spent massive amounts of money on research making it work...and it does.

Regards

CurtiSS 69
      ^^^^^Wow, there ya go Steven....he's getting you all fixed up. Is this a cool board or what?!!!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Whatta ya say Steven, lets make this happen!! If its the least expensive way out its the way to go!!

John and Curtiss, you guys are solid!! Way to help out!!

Gaetano Cosentino

Wow, you guys are unbelievably gracious and thanks so much for reaching out without anything to gain. I'm floored. However, Rex Hutchison has been our family's engine builder for nearly 2 decades, and has always taken good care of us, both in quality and in price. They have always been loyal to us and we've been loyal in return. Call me crazy but I am compelled to keep it going.

Again, thank you guys for reaching out. As much as I hate opening up my wallet unnecessarily, I can't break the "bond" with my builder.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully back on track by October and badder and better than ever with an overkill oiling system. And I am oh so tempted to inquire about stroking it....

CurtiSS thank you for the parts offer. I will let you know but I can't take freebies so I'll think of some way to pay you back.
      Steven

1968 Camaro: Project "TRACKDAY"

Latest Track Weekend Video

Build in Progress

you guys are awesome!!!

got any AMC parts?

-Asif- Penngrove, CA (SF bay area) asifnyc.com - AMC blog
      1974 Javelin NASA American Iron road race car
      1975 AMC Matador road race project
      1973 AMC Javelin/AMX driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin track rat project

Quote Originally Posted by sik68 View Post
      Wow, you guys are unbelievably gracious and thanks so much for reaching out without anything to gain. I'm floored. However, Rex Hutchison has been our family's engine builder for nearly 2 decades, and has always taken good care of us, both in quality and in price. They have always been loyal to us and we've been loyal in return. Call me crazy but I am compelled to keep it going.

Again, thank you guys for reaching out. As much as I hate opening up my wallet unnecessarily, I can't break the "bond" with my builder.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully back on track by October and badder and better than ever with an overkill oiling system. And I am oh so tempted to inquire about stroking it....

CurtiSS thank you for the parts offer. I will let you know but I can't take freebies so I'll think of some way to pay you back.

I understand the loyalty thing. So let me throw this at you, I have a 450hp 350 that is just sitting, your more the welcome to use it till yours is fixed. The little power house I have would do 4-wheel burn outs in my 73 Suburban. See pic

i just signed up for the blue group. see you guys on sat!
      Kyle Newman
      Fabricator at Newman Car Creations
      57 Chevy Wagoon
      "Bad Idea" 55 Chevy

Does it cost anything to watch? I need some motivation to get back out into the garage to work on mine! Heck, I'm only an hour and a half away. Just have to drive over the deadly Hwy 46
      !
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Ten bucks entry fee at the gate good for both days.

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by bosses son View Post
      i just signed up for the blue group. see you guys on sat!
      Looking forward to watching you run!!

Gaetano Cosentino

im not sure what we are going to bring yet? the "Bad Idea" 55 is still in shake down mode. we need to figure out a few things before i would feel comfy in it at track speed.
      I need as much seat time as i can get in the wagon before optima challenge but the idea of learning a new car (the 55) is very intriguing....

ether way im looking forward to it
      Kyle Newman
      Fabricator at Newman Car Creations
      57 Chevy Wagoon
      "Bad Idea" 55 Chevy

Where to watch the runs? Never been there before. Can I just hang out in the pits with some and then walk to the stands or something? Saturday will probably be the day. Any differences between the two days at the track?

It's working... I was out in the garage stripping 40 years worth of paint!
      Last edited by ROBS6T8; 09-05-2010 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Forgot something
      Robert

they have a real nice balconey area where you can hang out in ther shade. several open areas to veiw the track as well.

vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully put some faces to names out there.
      Robert

you can bring lawn chairs onto the balcony too, otherwise you're standing for a long time
      Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com