Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Autocross events in North Alabama

Hey guys, these aren't muscle car specific events, but I wanted to list the autocross event dates for my local region, so that there are more opportunites for you to get out and run those awesome rides!

July 10th SCCA autocross @ Milton Frank Stadium
      July 25th Twickenham Auto Club @ John Hunt Park
      Aug 8th Twickenham Auto Club @ John Hunt Park
      Aug 14th SCCA autocross @ Milton Frank Stadium
      Sep 11th SCCA autocross @ Milton Frank Stadium
      Sep 26th Twickenham Auto Club @ John Hunt Park
      Oct 17th SCCA autocross @ Milton Frank Stadium
      Dec 11th Twickenham Auto Club @ John Hunt Park

Milton Frank Stadium has been called one of the premier event sites in the SouthEast region. Located in Huntsville, AL, it has a huge parking lot, with superb pavement that offers lots of grip, yet is easy on your tires. Mostly 2nd gear courses in the 50-60 second range.

John Hunt Park is the old Huntsville Airport. It is huge, but doesn't have the best surface, yet it is still fun. Twickenham Auto Club has been running there since probably the 70's. Courses are typically 2nd gear, sometimes 3rd, and in the 50-70 second range.

If anyone is interested in more information, our club website is www.teamtac.org. Feel free to PM me with any comments/questions.

Other sites that are somewhat in the area are the AL Region of the SCCA (Birmingham) and the TN Region (Nashville).

Last Chance to run at best site in SouthEast

October 17th will be the last event of the season at Milton Frank Stadium, and possibly the last event there ever. After this season, they are more than tripling the cost for renting the site, which will make it impossible to put on an SCCA event there.
      If anyone is interested, come on out and run there while you can.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com