Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

ordering a speertech harness... need your input.

Called John over at speertech and talked about ordering me a new custom wiring harness. I'm sure there is a few of you guys that are using his harness.

What can you recommend before I order it? He said that the custom harness comes with 4 extra feet of lead for the head unit to the computer. I was thinking about drilling a hole above the trans right behind the engine. About where the trans bolts to the engine.

I was going to give him my harness but he will not extend it, just strips out the wires that are not necessary.

Can I get away with the stock length through the trans tunnel?

Also, where do you guys mount the computer port plug at?

I just want to make sure before I order it I get some imput from you guys that have already made one.

Thanks.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Good morning Vert,
      I just talked to John last week also, are you buying the computer and harness from him, He told me he can make it how ever I want it . I am putting mine in the glove box with the port also. I looks like we are doing a similar project just different cars. We will have to talk!

Hey Tim, no I'm going to use my own computer that I have.

$350 seems kind of steep for a 4 foot tail but in sure there is more to it I'm sure.

Just have to find a good tuner in my area.

What are you going to do with yours?

I used a stock harness and mounted inside the car behind the dash, the wires were long enough. I also drilled hole through the firewall just above the bellhousing.

hey Kochevy67, Did you modify your own harness or did someone else do it? Can I see some pictures? I'm sure there is a lot of people that would benefit from it too.

I would love to take pics but the dash is already back in. I did have to buy a small piece from Speartech. The wiring I bought was to operate the drive by wire and the fan relays, other than that I used the factory harness. If I dig up some pics I will post them.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com