Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

new wheels! (pics)

After 2 months my wheels & tires finally showed up! Colorado Custom Paradox 17 x 11 and 17 x 9 with Dunlop SP Sport 8000's 275/40/17 and 335/35/17's. Tell me what you guys think about the rear tire spacing....with no modifications the 335's fit with 1/2" clearance from frame to tire and 1/2" clearance from tire to fender. I am getting ready to start on the suspension (truck arm susp. likely) Is 1/2" clearance sufficient?

Attached Images Attached Images      
      Skip

Looks good 1/2 is plenty of clearance
      KENNY DAVIS HOTRODS

Country Flag: United States
      I think the fitment looks perfect. Good wheel for that car. Nice job.

The wheels look very nice. Quite similar to Budnik Famosas. 1/2" is definetly plenty. I am lucky if I have 1/8" in the back of my car. So far no major rubbing problems though. How about some rear shots of the 335.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Yuba City, CA (bout 1/2 hour north of Sacramento)
      [QUOTE=skeevay]! Colorado Custom Paradox 17 x 11 335/35/17's. Tell me what you guys think about the rear tire spacing....with no modifications the 335's fit [QUOTE]

What I think is I'm jealous!! NO MODS and the 335s clear??!!! MUST be nice!!!
      J.T.

Them thar are purty wheels!!

They remind me of the Budniks I had on my old car.. Fontanas..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

lookin good!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Lookin' good!! I'd say 1/2" should be okay.

nice rims , and do i see an fzr600 in the backround?

So lemme get this straight:
      You've got a real back seat AND you can fit 335's without frame mods?

You are a king.

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68

You are a king.
      Steve
      That is a 65 big chevy I think. They are huge so I would guess so. Gotta love them big boats. I plan to retain my rear seat too.
      Skip,
      It looks great. Here you actually driven it yet? That is close, so be careful pushing into a corner until you are sure everything clears ok under normal driving conditions. :icon996:
      Is this the car you need the wide 9" for? I was wondering what would need such a wide rear-lol
      Last edited by Bill Howell; 05-12-2005 at 04:12 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Thank you all for the compliments!

The wheels look very nice. Quite similar to Budnik Famosas. 1/2" is definetly plenty. I am lucky if I have 1/8" in the back of my car. So far no major rubbing problems though. How about some rear shots of the 335.
      Adam, I actually looked into both the Budnik Famosas and the Billet Specialties Vintecs. They are all awesome wheels....I think I developed some grey hairs during my wheel decision making! I will try to get some shots from the rear.

What I think is I'm jealous!! NO MODS and the 335s clear??!!! MUST be nice!!!
      Oops...Correction......I didnt modify the frame, but it didnt occur to me that it was modified before I owned it. There is normally a slight bulge from the spring pocket on the sides of the frame that have been shaved off. My uncle (previous owner) did this back in the seventies to fit N50 15's.

nice rims , and do i see an fzr600 in the backround?
      indeed....1986 FZ600. Too bad it has to go.....need more funds to float the Impala boat!

You are a king.

[QUOTE]Steve
      That is a 65 big chevy I think. They are huge so I would guess so. Gotta love them big boats. I plan to retain my rear seat too.
      Skip,
      It looks great. Here you actually driven it yet? That is close, so be careful pushing into a corner until you are sure everything clears ok under normal driving conditions.
      Is this the car you need the wide 9" for? I was wondering what would need such a wide rear-lol[/QUOTE

If I built something without a back seat my 3 little ones would be very unhappy!

Bill,
      Thanks, I am actually far from being able to drive the car and had intended on frame narrowing and tubbing when I ordered the tires. But who knows... if I can get by without doing all the extra work.....that would be great!

Yes, this is the car needing the wide rear. I once dreamed of having a car with a "narrowed rear end"..... maybe I could put duals on it! lol.
      Skip

Those tire should not grow too much.
      My Roadrunner needs 3/4 to 1 inch due to the amount the Slicks enlarge (grow) during a burnout. Due to your short sidewall (little tire growth) you are in great shape.

They look Awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com