Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

American Auto Wire Harness

Hi guys, I need advice as to how/where to proceed next on my harness install. I am installing an AAW harness in it and want to know if the fuse block gets mounted on top of the sound deadener or if I should install the dynamat (or similar material) and cut around the fuse block. Sorry for the question, this is my first build of this type.

I'm not sure what is correct, but I used the dynamat first, then trimmed out the opening for the bulkhead. Scott

Thanks, how did it work for you as far as sound deadening and insulating?

I never drove the car without it, but i was satisfied with heat/sound inside the car. My first car was a 69 camaro that had headers and original carpet and no AC. It was HOT sitting at a light in the FL summer. My 67 has no AC or dynamat, but does not seem as hot. I had another 69 that i used Vint air AC and dynamat- was happy with it. I used rattletrap (like dynamat) on my current 69 project, and am happy with it. I used the extreme- the thickest version. Scott

thanks for the information. Now I have an idea of how to proceed. Glad to know that I can follow someone with experience.

68 Mustang Convertible
      408 Stroker
      5 Speed
      Coil Over Suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com