Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Hello new here.

Country Flag: North Korea

Hello new here.

Hello, found this website while looking at a thread on another forum.

I'm currently working on a pro-touring duster. This is my starting point:

A 73' auto 340 clone car. Well almost a clone, the person who put it together used a 360 instead.

Plans are to paint the grill black, color match the bumpers, add some 16" or 17" wheels, efi, and suspension to make it handle.

I dont suppose anyone has any ideas on what wheels would work well with these cars?? I cant seem to find anything that i feel would fit the car. I mean the torque thrust style wheels look right, but they're used on everything.

Country Flag: United States
      First, welcome to protouring.
      Great looking Demon. You can pm Datsbad, Jason has a very nice A-body that he has pretty decent size tires and wheels on. I just can't remember the size. Great to see another MOPAR on board, I love people that dare to be different. Much more satisfing to build something outside the box...
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

nice mopar! welcome aboard!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      First, welcome to protouring.
      Great looking Demon. You can pm Datsbad, Jason has a very nice A-body that he has pretty decent size tires and wheels on. I just can't remember the size. Great to see another MOPAR on board, I love people that dare to be different. Much more satisfing to build something outside the box...
      Thanks, its a duster btw. I wish it was a demon, that front end is so sick.

I like Datsbad's ride, but i dont know if 18s would work for what i'm going for. I like the design though, it could work with a 16/17 diameter(if CCW makes that size)

My first choice was to find a 65/66 mustang, but this car was too good to pass up, and i had already seen what you can do styling wise:
      http://www.70duster440.com/reassembly.html

Not quite the same as mine, but its fairly cheap to convert it over i ever want to.

I picked up the car above for under 5k and its got an almost fully restored interior:

The only downside is that right the car is slower then the average economy car right now(and gets 10mpg at that). If it could've grabbed traction, it might have been a low 16 second car at the track.

Cool car, welcome.

I had a 72 Duster with a slant 6 in the early 90's. I bought a 318 and decided to upgrade. We tried to blow up the slant 6 just for fun and couldn't! Neighbor showed up and bought the whole mess for 2x what I had into it. He drove that car for years.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

that Duster is very nice! my brother had a 340 Duster in high school. it was a great car

Quote Originally Posted by DartorDemon View Post
      Thanks, its a duster btw. I wish it was a demon, that front end is so sick.

I like Datsbad's ride, but i dont know if 18s would work for what i'm going for. I like the design though, it could work with a 16/17 diameter(if CCW makes that size)]
      17x9 275/40 front with 5.5 backspacing
      17x9 275/40/17 rear with 4.5

read here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...ad.php?t=58491

There are some guys in Colorado with a 74 Duster and Mustang R rims with 275/40/17 all the way around on page 3 of that thread. http://coloradodragracing.com/images/lfr_duster_001.jpg

The only downside is that right the car is slower then the average economy car right now(and gets 10mpg at that). If it could've grabbed traction, it might have been a low 16 second car at the track.
      Car doesn't seem like it is in tune. I don't think it's running right if it's a low 16 sec car and you are getting 10mpg just driving around town.
      SPRING FLING XXV
      April 16 & 17, 2011
      Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA
      800+ Mopars, 300+ swap, 40+midways
      Speed Festival Track Event
      5th annual, Thursday, Willow Springs, 40+ Mopars
      Track Video

Quote Originally Posted by autoxcuda View Post

There are some guys in Colorado with a 74 Duster and Mustang R rims with 275/40/17 all the way around on page 3 of that thread. http://coloradodragracing.com/images/lfr_duster_001.jpg

Car doesn't seem like it is in tune. I don't think it's running right if it's a low 16 sec car and you are getting 10mpg just driving around town.
      I'm sure its not perfect. It could be a little out of timing. Mixed with my lead foot doesnt help.

Welcome! It is great to see more MOPARS.

Hi welcome aboard had a 74 360 duster years ago don't remember that bad of gas mileage. check the cam it may be worn out. that kills mileage and power. hope that helps.
      Randy Stilwell beep4 beep

Quote Originally Posted by autoxcuda View Post

Everything appears to be in check. I checked timing this morning(its correct), and i did a basic tune up a few weeks after i bought it.

I think its just a tired 360. I may just either pick up a magnum long block from a local wrecker and swap it in or pick up a short block and buy those magnum heads that are less prone to cracking.(their name escapes me at the moment)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com