Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Mounting my 69 Camaro Vintage Air unit

I wasn't to impressed with the brackets that came with my Vintage Air kit. I couldn't use it anyway seeing as how my firewall is already painted plus I didn't want any hardware showing on the firewall side.

Made this out of 1/2" tubing. I bolt in the upper bracket first, then attached the bottom half of the bracket to the evaporator case and install them assembled. I used Nutserts in the sheet metal of the car. The bottom of the bracket attaches to the little shelf there at the top of the toe board. You can see the Nutserts from the engine compartment but it's much better than right through the firewall. The little brace I made for the center dash support really firmed things up too

It is very sturdy and I probably could have done without that triangulated piece on the upper bracket but it really made the mounting much firmer and it gives me something to attach wiring harnesses and other stuff to later on.

Erik

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...without-a-name

Camaro LS2, T56, 12 bolt, C6 Z06 brakes, Rushforth Super Spokes, ATS Spindles
      2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

Country Flag: United States
      That looks really good. Want to make another one right quick?;)

Nice work! thanks for the Pics too :-)....

If you were rich $$ you could have just bought the DSE one......... LOL (see the off topic section for a laugh)
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Nice

Country Flag: United States
      That IS very nice. Love to have some drawings of that LOL... its about a month or so away and pulling the hood and fender.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com