Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 camaro rebuild

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  161.6 KBLast November I decided to do one of the craziest things I have ever done. I tore apart and parted out my favorite car that I have ever owned. It was really depressing at times and I really wondered what the hell I was doing, but the vision of what it could be got me through.
      The goals for the car are extreme, under 2600 pounds. Rear weight bias, over 1000 RWHP, IRS, and be able to drive it anywhere, anytime.
      The pictures are from January where the demolition took place. The car was gutted down to a shell, again. I layed out the rough dimensions of the car on the surface plate and put the drivetrain on there to check dimensions and see where everything would fit. At 6'5" I need to make sure it's got a big enough cockpit first! Lol. Then while I waited on final dimensions for the suspension design (more on that later) I worked up my new turbo setup that had been in my mind for a while. Turbo setups are awesome, and heavy! I wanted to get the mass low and behind the front wheels. I started with LS7 manifolds and built tapered oval collectors that go to the turbos. Exhaust will exit out the sides through side pipes.
      I will post up February when I get a chance. The car is running and driving now. It will be at Goodguys Nashville and USCA Bowling Green. It isn't done yet but that won't stop me from having fun with it! Lol

Here are some pics
      Attached Images Attached Images  

1967 camaro rebuild

For some reason the pictures won't upload. I'll try to get them up as soon as I can

Do a photobucket. I'm looking forward to the pics.

Need pictures Mike! Find a hosting service. It's the best way to share pictures.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Can't wait to see all of the pics. I liked the first version of the car, so I can't wait for the new build. Interested to see what you did in the interior for head clearance. I am 6'4" and I have a second gen and they just don't have much room for a helmet.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by ryanleiker View Post
      Do a photobucket. I'm looking forward to the pics.
      You said smugmug wrong. Mike, ask Fair! to help you post pictures. :D
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I'll work on it tonight. My app kept saying error. I've been up to my ears in fiberglass all day widens the fender on the drivers side. It took way longer than I thought. It may look weird in Nashville!

Here are a few more pics

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com