Country Flag: Australia
      All I can say is.....OUTSTANDING!

Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I have said both of these statements many times. I am currently a Fam Med resident and I am planning on doing a Sports Med fellowship, so money is tight. I have a '74 Firebird that I am just now starting to get some parts together.
      I am an MD grad, 44 yrs old and didnt get a residency in the match last yr....trying again for next year. Fam Med here too I hope. Wish I could have found somewhere to prematch...I really hate the match.

Sorry Tom...dont mean to hijack your thread.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
      I am an MD grad, 44 yrs old and didnt get a residency in the match last yr....trying again for next year. Fam Med here too I hope. Wish I could have found somewhere to prematch...I really hate the match.

Sorry Tom...dont mean to hijack your thread.

No offense at all. Sounds like a small world. I have a TON of parts to sell now that the car is almost done. If anyone is building a second gen bird, IM me. I am just starting to take inventory. Thanks.

Country Flag: United States
      god dammmm freakin nice

Quote Originally Posted by tcronkright View Post
      The body modifications are officially done! We finished grinding the rear diffuser and cut the holes and fit the 4" running lights and welded in the trim barrels. We also cut and finished the vents in the lower valance which will help keep the intercoolers cool.

Next week we will seal the metal and start on the finish body work. We are going to put the engine in and mock up the turbo plumbing next week as well.

As for the valve covers and intake, I have decided to keep it natural for now. The black hardware ties the engine together nicely. After SEMA, maybe I will look to anodize a few parts, but it is just too nice looking to mess with right now.

Here are some pics of the front valance with the running lights installed.

mannnn nice metal work .. how many hours do you got into the project or should i ask

Don't ask - we can only justify it as a labor of love. Thanks for the compliments on the work. It is getting very exciting now that we are almost done.

The car was sprayed today. The striping will be laid and sprayed tomorrow and then cleared and wet sanded 4 times. The paint is black with a hint of fleck. I included a couple videos from the spray booth.

Looking good Tom...won't be long now until it starts looking like the end product.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

mmmm, colour!
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

We're laying down the stripes tomorrow and starting on the several coats of clear. Exciting week, but only 16 days until this baby heads to Vegas - ouch!

Any chance you could snap a few pics of the backside of the valance before you mount it? I would really like to see how you finished it up as well as what you are doing for the top mounting position (where the bolt goes).
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

Quote Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
      Any chance you could snap a few pics of the backside of the valance before you mount it? I would really like to see how you finished it up as well as what you are doing for the top mounting position (where the bolt goes).
      Will do. I will be at All Speed on Friday so I will take a few pics and post them. Thanks.

We sprayed the stripes and started the wet sanding and clearing. Final assembly starts on the main body today. The pictures do not do it justice but let me know what you think of the color. The body really pops with the hint of fleck in the paint. The pearl stripe will tie in the reverse stitching color on the interior fabric.

Looks cool, can't wait to see some pics in the sunlight.
      Stephen

One more shot of the rear with the lid on.

Wow!
      Looks great, and you can't even get decent pics inside like that...really needs the sun on it for full effect.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

Dang work computer has blocked all the links to your pictures. I bet it looks awesome tho.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      . I bet it looks awesome tho.
      aaand how !

The Forgiato wheels arrived today and they are unbelievable! Perfect color and fit. Plenty of rubber on the back of these. Rears are 345/25/ZR20 and Fronts are 275/30/ZR19 – Pirelli P-Zero tires.

The intercooler is complete and the plumbing is finished. Interior seats have been recovered and door panels are almost done. Wiring is near completion and they start on the fuel system and exhaust tomorrow. The car gets picked up for Vegas a week from tomorrow. All hands on deck!

That car will be ready for SEMA in 1 week ?
      Hoo boy !

Really like the different direction on this from the cookit cutter Camro's.
      Only concern I have is light throttle driveability with (2) 4" throttle inlets. I hope you have a very progressive linkage on those things.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com