Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast
      The 4th gen pan is the typical pan I use in my LS conversions.. It always seems to work well.. but it would be nice to buy an LS3 crate motor & not have to make the extra expense of buying an additional oil pan..

Until the motor is in its final position & set in correct angle @ the rear of transmission.. It is concern for me.. I see that you modified an original transmission support.. I like using the orignal trans support too

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Would a 4th gen ls1 oil pan give you more pan clearance? That always seems to be the pan du jour.

I can't really believe the trans would hang too far lower than the headers unless those headers are right up against the floor. Mine behind a SBC. I've scraped the collector but never the trans

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Prior to surgery, my car was 55% front and 45% rear. It's pretty close to what the OEM ratings were.
      For reference Penny is 51/49 or 52/48 depending on how much gas is in the tank..

3 or 4 percent up front makes a HUGE difference. I imagine your balance will be much better now
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Look forward to the visit tomorrow David!

Quote Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
      Sorry, I reversed the front and rear weights in my last post. I went back and edited it.
      I'll be down with Mary and we can talk. Your time is better spent pulling weight off the car high up and forward, that does the most. The CF trunk lid help overall weight reduction, but dont does not do nearly as much for handling as working on the front.
      David

Quote Originally Posted by Cris G View Post
      The 4th gen pan is the typical pan I use in my LS conversions.. It always seems to work well.. but it would be nice to buy an LS3 crate motor & not have to make the extra expense of buying an additional oil pan..

Until the motor is in its final position & set in correct angle @ the rear of transmission.. It is concern for me.. I see that you modified an original transmission support.. I like using the orignal trans support too
      I didn't have a choice because of the 4th gen T56 tail housing. Just looking at pictures of other variants of the t56 I think the 4th gen one is bulkier due to the torque arm mount. But I have not installed a different one.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

What pan are you going to use again?
      The 4th gen pans are ~5.5" deep but the problem with those is you have to modify them just a bit (or move the engine back) to get them to fit. A fix to this problem is to use the CTSV pan. Still has 5.5" depth & much shallower in the front.

Those e-headers do look & fit very nice! Good price on them too.
      Another option are these. They come in several different tube sizes & lengths:

http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...gory_Code=CNV2

http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...gory_Code=CNV2

I also moved my engine back a bit but I forget by how much... :( I have pics I could send if need be. I also have pics of the headers as well.
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
      For reference Penny is 51/49 or 52/48 depending on how much gas is in the tank..

3 or 4 percent up front makes a HUGE difference. I imagine your balance will be much better now
      I have to ask, do you really think it makes a huge difference in this venue? I can't say I noticed a huge difference when I shed 150lbs off the nose of my car. I noticed.... I just think it gets back to chasing fractions of an inch when 99% of the guys and gals around here aren't on that level. The Pozzi's and a handful of others could realize the gains, I just think most could benifit from more seat time and making their cars suit them better. Less nose weight is clearly an advantage, I just hate to see guys spending money shedding 25lbs in this venue. I've always felt like David, if I'm going to shed weight it's going to be out front. I'm not as worried about the weight from the centerline back. I want to play devils advocate because you talk about weight alot around the sites.
      Todd

Penny responds to steering input quicker. On an entrance to a sweeper you wouldn't feel a big difference, but on quick zig zags it really shows up. The driver has to have the skill to take advantage of it, but it's there for you.
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 07-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

How late are you folks out there? I don't get into town from work until about 6:45...which didn't really cross my mind when I initially mentioned visiting. But if yall are there I'd love to swing by!

Come on by tomorrow or Tuesday ... we'll also be there. Going to Anvil Tuesday morning but should be back at JCG in the afternoon. We also work evenings.

Cris is a slave driver ... ;-)

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi

man...progress is coming along....gives me motivated to make my RS...much quicker lol....
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

P.S., that burnt orange 70-73 looks like the same color I have a quart of waiting for mine!

Good color choice. I am going to be painting mine Prowler Orange Metallic hopefully this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
      Penny responds to steering input quicker. On an entrance to a sweeper you wouldn't feel a big difference, but on quick zig zags it really shows up. The driver has to have the skill to take advantage of it, but it's there for you.
      Yep, in the slalom and weight transfer front to rear is where I noticed.
      Todd

We are here till about 8:00..

Quote Originally Posted by POS71RS View Post
      How late are you folks out there? I don't get into town from work until about 6:45...which didn't really cross my mind when I initially mentioned visiting. But if yall are there I'd love to swing by!

Wow!!! Had no idea this car had such a following.

Mary P.
      yours, davids, and penny are all on my list of cars to follow. blame it on the mags if you want but -you is famous now- in some funny voice.
      chad

Quote Originally Posted by Cris G View Post
      We are here till about 8:00..
      Well in that case, I plan on swinging by this evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
      I have to ask, do you really think it makes a huge difference in this venue? I can't say I noticed a huge difference when I shed 150lbs off the nose of my car. I noticed.... I just think it gets back to chasing fractions of an inch when 99% of the guys and gals around here aren't on that level. The Pozzi's and a handful of others could realize the gains, I just think most could benifit from more seat time and making their cars suit them better. Less nose weight is clearly an advantage, I just hate to see guys spending money shedding 25lbs in this venue. I've always felt like David, if I'm going to shed weight it's going to be out front. I'm not as worried about the weight from the centerline back. I want to play devils advocate because you talk about weight alot around the sites.
      Yea, Like David said you would have to take my car through some cones to understand. The steering response is so quick an precise that it really does whatever you want and more importantly when you want.

That's why I'm so anal about putting weight up front (like a blower). And yea, on our cars it's all about nose weight. Weight in the rear really isn't that important at all and takes a back seat to unsprung and rotatating weight.

1968 Track Rat Camaro:

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
      Yep, in the slalom and weight transfer front to rear is where I noticed.
      Yep, that would be the place.

1968 Track Rat Camaro:

I for one am going to call Mary's Camaro

"Dream Crusher"

Because just when I figured by the end of the year I MIGHT have a snowballs chance in hell of running within a second of Mary......not so much.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      I for one am going to call Mary's Camaro

"Dream Crusher"
      LOL...I named my welding test coupon bender..."The Heart Breaker"...on a similar note, I guess it crushes dreams too.....
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Quote Originally Posted by POS71RS View Post
      We will probably still be at JCG then. I'll pm you my cell and if you're free for dinner, we can get a bit and talk car stuff.

Mary P
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com