Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by 79-TA View Post
      I existed too. I ran my daily driver fox body, so I was less visible.

updated version:

2nd session:

Run #1
      Don = 52.20
      Chad = 49.97
      Dan = 48.84
      Stig = 50.92
      Paul = 51.19
      Matt = 50.88
      Brett = 55.58

Run #2
      Don = *spun*
      Chad = 51.02
      Dan = no-time *traffic*
      Stig = 52.12
      Paul = no-time *traffic*
      Matt = no-time *traffic*
      Brett = 54.06

Run #3
      Don = 53.04
      Chad = 51.13
      Dan = 49.33
      Stig = 51.32
      Paul = DNF
      Matt = 53.86
      Brett = 53.38

I'm down for going again on the 10th. We need Jon there to represent the lowbuck pro-touring crowd.

We need to get Mary Pozzi down here once she's sorted her car a bit. Taking the overall track record would be a pretty great statement for the potential of updated muscle cars.
      HAHA, Sorry Brett!!

I have great faith in Mary but I doubt she'd knock 5 seconds off of Dan's time to take the track record. Would be very cool to see her lay down some mid 40's though.

After Sal saw the pictures all he could talk about was getting the Camaro back together to take it out there. It's not like the car is completely taken apart right now so I think after Louisville he will put some attention towards going. Of course him and Evan won't lap it as well as Mary could but they can hold their own for a couple of drag racers.

'04 IS300 VVTi GTE swap GT35R etc (dead tranny - looking for LS swap)
      '63 Street Fighter Nova(Sold)
      '06 Magnum SRT8 KIA 10-25-13

Country Flag: United States
      If you guys are on Facebook, go to "Adams Motorsports Park". They have a page---and there are quite a few videos of all of us last night--good stuff--just watched them all. Man, I love that place---what a great discovery.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
      ... yeah, bodyroll or not... I apex'd the hell outta that corner.
      Damn right--and sounded cool at the same time.

I'm inclined to think that the RWD Record is held by a Maita with monster slicks and before they put in the chicane at the end of the long strait. We'll have to ask.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Excellent night gentelmen,well untill those tires jumped in front of me.Dan sorry for screwing up your hot lap.Im in for the next date that will work for everyone..Jason thanks for the great shots of all the boys rides.If i could get the hi res pictures i would be appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      I'm inclined to think that the RWD Record is held by a Maita with monster slicks and before they put in the chicane at the end of the long strait. We'll have to ask.
      Yes---I bet you are right Dan---with those tires removed the times would have been much faster. Can't believe how tight that paticular part was---Rob certainly showed those tires who was boss---LOL.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by slow4dr View Post
      HAHA, Sorry Brett!!

I have great faith in Mary but I doubt she'd knock 5 seconds off of Dan's time to take the track record. Would be very cool to see her lay down some mid 40's though.

After Sal saw the pictures all he could talk about was getting the Camaro back together to take it out there. It's not like the car is completely taken apart right now so I think after Louisville he will put some attention towards going. Of course him and Evan won't lap it as well as Mary could but they can hold their own for a couple of drag racers.
      Oh dang, I had no idea that the record was so quick. I just assumed it was a high 46 since the guy running 47.1's was supposedly near the track record.

We'll have to get more details on it to see if it's rwd, overall, and with the chicane at the end.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Quote Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
      If you guys are on Facebook, go to "Adams Motorsports Park". They have a page---and there are quite a few videos of all of us last night--good stuff--just watched them all. Man, I love that place---what a great discovery.

Doug
      Link? I tried searching it and I didn't find any pics or videos.
      Brett H.

1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

Here's the link to Adams Motorsports Park

hehe, I found it through you on facebook. Thanks or the link!
      Brett H.

1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 69sponge View Post
      Excellent night gentelmen,well untill those tires jumped in front of me.Dan sorry for screwing up your hot lap.Im in for the next date that will work for everyone..Jason thanks for the great shots of all the boys rides.If i could get the hi res pictures i would be appreciate it.
      Just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send them over today.

Quote Originally Posted by 79-TA View Post
      Oh dang, I had no idea that the record was so quick. I just assumed it was a high 46 since the guy running 47.1's was supposedly near the track record.

We'll have to get more details on it to see if it's rwd, overall, and with the chicane at the end.
      It was a pro driver behind the wheel of an EVO 10 that ran the 43.20 with the track in it's current configuration. I didn't ask him what the RWD record was.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

I just got off the phone with the lady from Adam's about renting the track. It costs $3000 for just the facility rental and you have the option of either 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Liability insurance is separate. We have to provide flaggers, announcer, score keepers, stagers, etc etc.

I am doing a little brainstorming so let me know what ideas you guys have.

Do the 8:00 - 5:00 schedule.

Parade lap early and then practice runs from 8:00-11:30 AM.

Run the cars just like they did on Tuesday, 4 cars on the track at a time and do 3 laps. The only thing I would change from Tuesday is I would let everyone run hard on each of the 3 laps instead of a warm up/cool down. If we had a 50 car limit each car should get at least 9 laps based on the time it took them to run 56 cars on Tuesday(3 hours).

Take a small break for lunch, track cleaning, staging etc.

I am not sure how we should break down the classes but we can start running timed laps at noon. We should keep the amount of cars on the track at one time to two during the timed portion. That should keep the threat of having to run a car again due to a runoff to a minimum. What do you guys think of two timed laps instead of one? You pull out of the pits, get on the throttle and you have two solid turns to start heating the tires and brakes up, make two complete laps and then just cruise around that back stretch. Running two laps instead of three should help offset some of the time lost by only running 2 cars at a time.

I'm thinking by the end of the day everyone will have been on the track at least 4 times and made 11 or more laps.

Is $100 per car out of line? I hope that would cover the insurance and rental. We would probably have to limit how many spectators are allowed due to the facilities size, maybe presale a certain quantity of tickets?

I'm going to make this happen guys so give me some input.

-Jason

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by TCI Engineering View Post
      I just got off the phone with the lady from Adam's about renting the track. It costs $3000 for just the facility rental and you have the option of either 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Liability insurance is separate. We have to provide flaggers, announcer, score keepers, stagers, etc etc.

I am doing a little brainstorming so let me know what ideas you guys have.

Do the 8:00 - 5:00 schedule.

Parade lap early and then practice runs from 8:00-11:30 AM.

Run the cars just like they did on Tuesday, 4 cars on the track at a time and do 3 laps. The only thing I would change from Tuesday is I would let everyone run hard on each of the 3 laps instead of a warm up/cool down. If we had a 50 car limit each car should get at least 9 laps based on the time it took them to run 56 cars on Tuesday(3 hours).

Take a small break for lunch, track cleaning, staging etc.

I am not sure how we should break down the classes but we can start running timed laps at noon. We should keep the amount of cars on the track at one time to two during the timed portion. That should keep the threat of having to run a car again due to a runoff to a minimum. What do you guys think of two timed laps instead of one? You pull out of the pits, get on the throttle and you have two solid turns to start heating the tires and brakes up, make two complete laps and then just cruise around that back stretch. Running two laps instead of three should help offset some of the time lost by only running 2 cars at a time.

I'm thinking by the end of the day everyone will have been on the track at least 4 times and made 11 or more laps.

Is $100 per car out of line? I hope that would cover the insurance and rental. We would probably have to limit how many spectators are allowed due to the facilities size, maybe presale a certain quantity of tickets?

I'm going to make this happen guys so give me some input.

-Jason
      Jason, I like where you are going with this but I think the biggest issue you might find is the cost and ability to get liability ins. I would look into that part cause it could be a big sticking point....I hope not.

You could do like SCCA Autocross for the workers, you run you work the track for another session. That way you have conscripted volunteers that cost nada.

What did the track say about EMTs or medical personal on site?
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Quote Originally Posted by 406 Q-ship View Post
      Jason, I like where you are going with this but I think the biggest issue you might find is the cost and ability to get liability ins. I would look into that part cause it could be a big sticking point....I hope not.

You could do like SCCA Autocross for the workers, you run you work the track for another session. That way you have conscripted volunteers that cost nada.

What did the track say about EMTs or medical personal on site?

As soon as I get the e-mail from them I will look it over. She said it has some of those types of details on it so I didn't press her to far for detailed info. I hope that the liability insurance doesn't break the deal.

That is great idea about the driver's working the track while they aren't running. I'm sure we can get plenty of volunteers to help with other things like staging, announcing etc.

-Jason

I would love to hear Bill Howell as an announcer!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

$100 for a day of racing sounds pretty decent to me. I think the work-to-race idea is great, in fact that is what the Corvair club is doing at the autocross on Sept 19th. Limits the number of "liable" people on the grounds as well (don't now if that helps bring the cost for insurance down?).
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Yeah, I can help with some of the stuff for organizing. I think it would be a blast. I'd like to see what the exact details are, be cause if their timing equipment is set for carts with in car tranmitters, that would allow us to have even more fun. And I agree, 2 run groups, but split it so each group gets a morning runs and afternoon runs. With us setting the tone and pace for our own event, we can hustle people where they need to go. I'd almost say that we should break those groups down to 2 three car groups at a time, so that the cars get about 5 mns cool down between runs, vice the fire up/push shuffle deal we were doing with all 25 cars running at once.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      I would love to hear Bill Howell as an announcer!
      X's 2

I know we could get Chad Reynolds from Bangshift to come out. He's the one that did the OC Goodguys autocross announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      $100 for a day of racing sounds pretty decent to me. I think the work-to-race idea is great, in fact that is what the Corvair club is doing at the autocross on Sept 19th. Limits the number of "liable" people on the grounds as well (don't now if that helps bring the cost for insurance down?).
      I made a note so I'll make sure to ask when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      Yeah, I can help with some of the stuff for organizing. I think it would be a blast. I'd like to see what the exact details are, be cause if their timing equipment is set for carts with in car tranmitters, that would allow us to have even more fun. And I agree, 2 run groups, but split it so each group gets a morning runs and afternoon runs. With us setting the tone and pace for our own event, we can hustle people where they need to go. I'd almost say that we should break those groups down to 2 three car groups at a time, so that the cars get about 5 mns cool down between runs, vice the fire up/push shuffle deal we were doing with all 25 cars running at once.
      In car transmitters would be epic, I made a note to ask them about that as well.

You're right in that I think we could hurry the process a little bit better than they did Tuesday night.

Just thinking outloud again....

Say we had 50 cars on the roster. Break those 50 cars into 5 run groups with 10 cars each. We could give each run group a specified amount of time to practice, say a half hour.

Do the driver's meeting and parade lap right at 8:00 and try and be done by 8:30.

8:30-9:00 Run Group #1
      9:00-9:30 Run Group #2
      9:30-10:00 Run Group #3
      10:00-10:30 Run Group #4
      10:30-11:00 Run Group #5

11:00-11:30 Take this time to let people who didn't get an even amount of runs in their group get back out there.

Take a small break to prepare the track, eat lunch, prep the cars whatever.

At Noon we can start the official timed laps. I think we should run each group in order as quick as possible to keep track and ambient temps close. That way the 1st run group and the 5th will be as close to each other as possible. Then we can do a second round of official timed laps once that one is finished.

We can run the cars all the way up until 5:00 and we have roughly 2 hours to clear out. That should leave enough time to have an awards ceremony.

-Jason

For the Parade Laps, are we thinking 5 people on the track for 2 sug-groups, or maybe 2 at a time for 5 sub-groups? That would either give 15 or 6 minute practice sessions for each driver.

Then for the timed laps, you could do the same layout, but longer stints since there would be almost twice as much time in the session?

I would think that guys gunning some stopwatches assigned to a particular car would work well too.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      For the Parade Laps, are we thinking 5 people on the track for 2 sug-groups, or maybe 2 at a time for 5 sub-groups? That would either give 15 or 6 minute practice sessions for each driver.

Then for the timed laps, you could do the same layout, but longer stints since there would be almost twice as much time in the session?

I would think that guys gunning some stopwatches assigned to a particular car would work well too.

The parade laps were just to get every driver on the course and somewhat familiar with the layout(much like walking the course).

For the practice runs what I was suggesting is each run group consisting of 10 cars gets a half hour to practice. 3-4 cars on the track at all times with say 2-3 laps at a time. You make your 2-3 laps and then pull back around into the pits. The down time between runs will only be a few minutes so you'll stay fresh. That should give each driver a good 10-15 practice laps.

The main reason why I wouldn't want to do it this way for the official timed runs is because run group #1 will be on a hot track at midday whereas group #5 will end up running at 4:00 or possibly later as the track and ambient temps will have cooled.

-Jason
      Last edited by TCI Engineering; 07-29-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com