Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
      I plan on coming in last on this course time wise, but I will be having a blast for sure.

Doug
      Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

Also, as per safety, is and open face helmet fine? I'm guessing it is since they seem so lax about tech and all of that good stuff.

Matt

P.S. What is the Stig up to? He's been conspicuously absent from this post. I'm guessing he is busy...

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.
      ah ha ha ha I can just picture it! Matt's hitting with both barrels in this thread!

Also, as per safety, is and open face helmet fine? I'm guessing it is since they seem so lax about tech and all of that good stuff.
      I *think* I saw some open face helmets while there. I'm pretty sure it wont be a problem. They even have helmets there for people to use if they don't have one.

P.S. What is the Stig up to? He's been conspicuously absent from this post. I'm guessing he is busy...
      I did receive a mysterious txt from him this week with an LS looking block...
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

[QUOTE=69MSA;698800]Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

It's the alignment---got the hella flush settings on this bad boy just for this event. Going to blow the RR shock tomorrow so that I have a matching pair. Me and my 235 drag ready front runners are ready to rock girls---be ready.

Yeah, where the heck is STIG? Going to text him tomorrow and find out what is up. Did he score a lady friend perhaps?

Doug

you guys cool with an AZ guy joining the fun?
      1967 Camaro - LM7, T56, TVS, 12.7:1
      1996 Impala SS - DD

Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.
      I would have to agree. Doug is usually very quick at the track.

Matt, you're very close with your bet. I stopped by his house one morning when he was helping me with a tow and he came outside with his race gloves and race shoes on and he was eating cereal out of his racing helmet. I think it was Fruity Pebbles.

Looks like we got a decent size group coming. Excellent. More witnesses.
      Chris Robinson
      1969 Camaro SS/RS G-machine/resto-mod
      Project site: http://www.69camaroproject.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LM7_67 View Post
      Of course!
      Chris Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      Yeah, I'm in as long as nothing catastrophic happens this weekend at SCCA practice on Saturday. I can get off work when I need to and could jump in with the 15-215-60 group in/near Fallbrook. What ever is easiest for you guys.
      Sounds good. We should be making our way through that area around 3:20ish. Just let us know which exit off the 15 is good for you and we'll pull off and meet you there.
      Chris Robinson

Matt

Been super busy with work lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post

I did receive a mysterious txt from him this week with an LS looking block...
      Muwahaha... I call it 'lil screamy'

Quote Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post

Yeah, where the heck is STIG? Going to text him tomorrow and find out what is up. Did he score a lady friend perhaps?

Doug
      lol...

This would be so much fun... if I didn't work nights. lol

You know, I'll look into my schedule... being that I drive a work truck 99% of the time and need the tools that are in it for what I do it's hard to bring the G8 to work. Although we're at a job site for a few days next week, so I can potentially leave my tools on site... and bring the G-Ocho...

Should make for an interesting conversation with my Supervisor......

And with all the night driving I do, I've got this 'ish on lock down.

Btw, Doug said he's buying dinner...

I have a copy of a text he sent me... "I'm buying dinner."

See... in writing. I'm getting it notarized. By this afternoon it'll be legit.

Dougs bummed.
      Matt Briggs
      1971 Camaro RS - Race car in progress

Quote Originally Posted by LM7_67 View Post

I will be headed the same direction as you when you leave.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make this one boys...

But, you never know...
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make this one boys...

But, you never know...
      The Traffic out there would suck, but... if I'm willing to make the trek, you gotta.

Plus you'll have Karl and Chad to caravan back with.

Plus, Dougs buying dinner.
      Matt Briggs
      1971 Camaro RS - Race car in progress

We shall see.

Getting off at 5 sucks, and there just isn't a good way to get there that time of the day...

Not to mention Sandra gets home from a week-long business trip Monday night.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

-cough- call work -cough- play hookie -cough-
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Quote Originally Posted by TCI Engineering View Post
      Here ya go! He looks a little sloppy in some areas too. The speedo hits 74 mph on the straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wkIJKkHY
      Cool video. That dude definitely doesn't lack for aggression lol! However, its not an apples to apples comparison to compare lap times now to then because of the artificial tire chicane on the back stretch they have now but didn't when he ran. Without it 70+mph back straight speeds would be fairly easy for my meager motor lol.

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Cool video. That dude definitely doesn't lack for aggression lol! However, its not an apples to apples comparison to compare lap times now to then because of the artificial tire chicane on the back stretch they have now but didn't when he ran. Without it 70+mph back straight speeds would be fairly easy for my meager motor lol.
      Interesting, I wasn't aware of the layout change. I looked around the website for a fastest times list and didn't see anything.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

Not that I'd suddenly gain 5+ seconds from the elimination of one lil ol chicane ha ha

Not that I'd suddenly gain 5+ seconds from the elimination of one lil ol chicane ha ha
      So drive straight through those tires.....I mean come on there just tires. That would be a good apples to apples test.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Quote Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
      I would have to agree. Doug is usually very quick at the track.

Matt, you're very close with your bet. I stopped by his house one morning when he was helping me with a tow and he came outside with his race gloves and race shoes on and he was eating cereal out of his racing helmet. I think it was Fruity Pebbles.

Looks like we got a decent size group coming. Excellent. More witnesses.
      Really, Fruity Pebbles? Is that an allusion to the whole fudgepack thing? Because if so, that is going too far. Say what you will about the hellaflush stance or gaps on the man's car. But to call out his character like this, well that is another thing. Ordinarily I'd have your side here, but let's be honest, Doug is gonna kick our asses Tuesday, and then things could be really awkward.

Oh, and Stig, how are the prospects looking for making it out? Will Jeremy Clarkson and the BBC let you off?

Matt

Ordinarily I'd have your side here, but let's be honest, Doug is gonna kick our asses Tuesday, and then things could be really awkward.
      Matt
      Trust me, I'm counting on Doug kicking our asses. The man can flat out drive that one-legger of his. That's why I'm trying to get my shots in now! He'll have plenty of time to get back at me when we're loading my car back onto the AAA truck after 3 laps.
      Chris Robinson

Let's be honest here----I was eating Coco Pebbles--that fits better with the whole Fudge packing thingy--. I can't explain the gloves/shoes thing when you came over---I don't like to talk about it.

I have nothing in my text sent items concerning dinner---however, should Jon and Stig make it, I would now feel obligated to pay--especially since Stig just bought Tyler's friend's GMR motor.

I have a blown shock---and i'm only fast on peanut courses because I don't have to get out of first gear. The only reason Chad went and found this place is to run me into the ground because he knows I will finally have to move my shifter into second gear. He's been going to this track for over a year now in prep for this moment.

I will not wear gloves or racing shoes---those of you that do will definetly be called FP's for sure---. Riverside------is anyone going to be packin?

Doug

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com