Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Still not sure if I will be able to attend, but if I did it would have to be one of the later sessions; as I don't get off of work until 5.

Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

I'd like to shoot for the 1st or 2nd session. Running at night in the 3rd session doesn't seem like too much fun. I can barely see straight in the daytime, much less at night. Plus, AAA might have more trouble loading my car onto the trailer at night when the engine, transmission, and rear axle implode simultaneously.
      Chris Robinson
      1969 Camaro SS/RS G-machine/resto-mod
      Project site: http://www.69camaroproject.com/

I want to be there to see that!
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
      I'd like to shoot for the 1st or 2nd session. Running at night in the 3rd session doesn't seem like too much fun. I can barely see straight in the daytime, much less at night. Plus, AAA might have more trouble loading my car onto the trailer at night when the engine, transmission, and rear axle implode simultaneously.
      LOL man--you are killing me--between this and the fudge packer comment----between your AAA and mine we could get it all back to your place.

Doug

Why don't you guys spin by and pick me up along the way? I'll caravan with you guys the rest of the way---let me know---

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      I'll bring the popcorn!

I'm in the same boat about the off work at 5pm, so if you want to hook up with me around the 91 fwy. We will be lucky to get there for the 2nd session though.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Quote Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
      Why don't you guys spin by and pick me up along the way? I'll caravan with you guys the rest of the way---let me know---

Doug
      That'd be cool, but I think Matt and I's best route would be inland, taking the 15 to the 215 to the 60. It's a short jump for us to get on the 15 since it's close to us down here. Going inland helps us avoid the awful 91 and it's actually shorter for us that way. Taking this route doesn't really give us a chance to meet up with you anywhere until we're basically there. :(

Matt, if you have some inside information on why the 15-215-60 route would be a bad idea, feel free to chime in.
      Chris Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      With my luck it's very possible, so you guys have that popcorn ready.
      Chris Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
      Running at night would be bad, especially if you were after me and couldn't see all the gear oil my car puked onto the track.

Doug, we were thinking of meeting over at Best of Show and then heading up along 15, but we could go the other way instead and swing by and pick you up. I'd have to figure out how bad traffic would be to make the detour. I'm guessing going along 5 to a toll road then 91 and 60, etc would really suck. In fact if you want a scenic drive you could go across 74 up to Perris and meet us there. We have a ton of options, I'm just not sure any of them would work well.

Oh and as far as I know, Chris is right, 15-215-60 would probably work best. I know 15 isn't that bad headed north once outside of San Diego. Not sure what 215 is like...

Lastly, Don, if you're going you're more than welcome to meet up with us to make the drive up, if you want.

Matt

Haters. See u there.

There are two inclines on the 215 that can slow you down a little, one just past the 15/215 split, the other is just past Canyon Lake. Most people just can't seem to climb either one at speed and it is only two lanes wide. You may encounter a few brake lights there but otherwise it should be smooth sailing in the direction you guys are traveling.

Oh and watch for the CHP hiding on the onramps. Don't ask me how I know.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
      Haters. See u there.
      Fine, like...whatever man. Be that way. I've done some upgrades and will be gunning for that old Peg legger of yours. Hope for your sake that have those new secret protoype rear Baer brakes on by Tuesday.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Fine, like...whatever man. Be that way. I've done some upgrades and will be gunning for that old Peg legger of yours. Hope for your sake that have those new secret protoype rear Baer brakes on by Tuesday.

Matt
      Yah Doug, what he said. And I have new rod bearings so I should easily be able to run one good lap. You better bring it buddy.

Matt, I just chatted with Doug and we're thinking that getting on the road really early(3pm'ish) to beat the heaviest part of the traffic would be ideal for both our groups, and then we can just eat an early dinner in the area while we're waiting for it to start and be primed for the early sessions. Is that too early for you?
      Chris Robinson

Ok, leaving earlier sounds good. I'm not afraid to admit I have the eyes of a feeble old person. So daylight and less traffic is a win-win.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 406 Q-ship View Post
      I'll bring the popcorn!

I'm in the same boat about the off work at 5pm, so if you want to hook up with me around the 91 fwy. We will be lucky to get there for the 2nd session though.

Still not sure about attending, but where on the 91 are you? I would be coming from the 605/405 area.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Ok so headcount for next Tuesday 7/27 appears to be as follows. Please speak up if you don't think you can make it or think you can. This is looking to have a great turnout!

Brett H. (79-TA)
      John R (Nessumsar) - Maybe?
      Matt A (69MSA)
      -J (TCI Engineering) - Coming out to spectate
      Dan W (rrunner68) - ?
      Doug R (DFresh)
      69Sponge
      Chris R (chr2002ca)
      EDIT: Forgot myself lol... Chad R

Would be great to have more peeps out there.

I'll be leaving from the same area as Jon (405/605) so if Jon comes or anyone else in that area we can possible meet up. I plan to leave early (maybe 3:00ish) to beat the godawful traffic on 91 east in the afternoon. I also plan to stay for all 3 sessions even if I don't run all 3 so I can watch too. Nighttime is for sure scarrier but remember even taking it easy on a track is more fun that not running at all!

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post

Matt
      Dude, you better school me out there---my left rear shock is still blown---never did get it fixed. Maybe the one legger will help offset it--LOL. This should be fun for sure---I plan on coming in last on this course time wise, but I will be having a blast for sure.

Doug

safety requirements and tech inspection? i can't find any listed.
      Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

Yeah, I'm in as long as nothing catastrophic happens this weekend at SCCA practice on Saturday. I can get off work when I need to and could jump in with the 15-215-60 group in/near Fallbrook. What ever is easiest for you guys.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Quote Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
      safety requirements and tech inspection? i can't find any listed.
      You know I'm not sure. I looked for that too and finally just figured if I passed all the others I've been to recently I'll pass this one. When they did tech my car the only two things I noticed them checking were for the throttle return spring and that the battery was mounted down.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com