Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

My Official Thanks Thread

Guys , I've been a little busy this weekend with the aftermath of the event , so I just now got a chance to get on the board and post .
      Whew !!
      What a weekend ..

I just want to start by saying thanks to all the participants that came out and paid their hard earned money to spend a weekend doing something that David and I planned ..You guys trusted us , and I hope we didn't let you down..

Thanks to David and Tammy Sloan of Road Killer Kustoms for the idea for the event and financing it up front.
      And for securing the Autocross location and the snack bar .

Thanks to Brian Finch for bringing the incredible yellow 2nd Gen Camaro , '65 Corvette , and Mark Turner's '69 Camaro down from Nashville.
      It's always great to see Brian drive !
      He brings a level of excitement and noticability to the event.

Thanks to all the sponsors that paid extra to have their name associated with the event . If you guys hadn't cared a little extra , then we wouldn't be able to do this thing ..I hope you got the exposure you wanted and you sell some products.

Sponsors were :
      AutoRad
      Fletchers Customs
      Twist Machine
      RnD Fabrication
      red top Auto Auction
      Road Killer Kustoms
      Musclerides .com
      Pro-Touring.com
      Days Chevrolet

Like I've said before , everyone on this forum is either building a car or wants to build car , and these sponsors have products and services that we need , so buy from them when the time comes..

One Special Mention is for Steve Chryssos , he drove all the way up here ( 7hrs) from Florida to help with the event , and gave away tons of Twist Machine merchandise, and he didn't even have his car available. A lot of guys would have cancelled the trip if they couldn't bring their car , but Steevo constantly shows his honor and character and enthusiasm for the hobby by going the extra mile ...
      Thanks , Steevo !!

Thanks to Bill Howell , Bill constantly donates his time , money , autocross timing equipment , and energy to our hobby..
      I don't see how you do it Bill .
      And thanks for the advice and management on the event.
      Thanks to Mark Owens , Bills right hand man ..
      ( Bill , I'm sorry I missed the Charger in Sundays Top Ten , I just forgot to count the first session )

Thanks to Larry Callahan for stepping in and handling the making of the logo , the t-shirts , and the banners for the event..
      Larry went out of his way and really stepped up to help us this year !!

Thanks to the volunteers who came out and helped without even getting to run car on the track ..

One Special Mention is Stuart Seagrave . ( He was tha guy that looked like Col. Sanders )
      Stuart contacted me on June 11th and volunteered to come out and help because he loves the hobby so much and wanted to help us get it on...
      Stuart is one of those friendly , helpfull guys that doesn't ask for much.
      Thanks Stuart !

I also want to thank Mark Strong , with the RX8 , for helping so much with the course layout and supplying the chalk for marking the cones. The RX8 driven by Mark created a bit of drama because it was very fast , but I wanted this event to be open for the purpose of a challenge ! That was part of my point , it was to let everyone have a good time and compare all different makes and models ..

Thanks to Brad Grainger for staying at the Autocross site all night so we didn't have to take down the course.
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 07-14-2010 at 06:02 PM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

You did a great job with the event Jeff. It had a very laid back feel to it. Like I said before there are some super cool people in the Pro-Touring Community.
      Looking forward to PSMC3!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

I didn't have a car, but I still had fun running around talking smack to everybody! If I (the kid wearing the straw cowboy hat) offended anybody in my smack talk, please realize it's just me having a little fun, trying to loosen people up.

Anyway, I think I got to drive both different courses twice in Wes's car, but I had more fun sitting at the timing table and helping Jeff, Bill, Stuart, Steveo (so he could slay some cones), and David.

I think the thanks needs to go to you Jeff. You made it easier on everybody by carrying most of the burden of the event!
      JC Scott

Thanks again Jeff!! Great event, great people, fast cars, and the cruise was awesome, loved the North GA hills and roads. I'm in for next year anything you need, count me in again as a sponsor. Maybe next year I'll have a car that handles, instead of a 700HP brick with wheels!!

Quote Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
      Thanks again Jeff!! Great event, great people, fast cars, and the cruise was awesome, loved the North GA hills and roads. I'm in for next year anything you need, count me in again as a sponsor. Maybe next year I'll have a car that handles, instead of a 700HP brick with wheels!!
      Thanks Chad , you've got talent .
      You just need to iron the bugs out of that incredible car ..
      And get some seat time in it ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

you done an awsome job,and lisa,conner,and i had one hell of a good time! we will be back next year if at all possible. i have attended alot of organized jeep ride events and i can say this thing is going to get big. but if it gets too big it will loose the glamour and fun. THANKS! see you at RTTH'S!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

We had a great time Jeff... thanks alot!

I had a blast no matter what the car decided to do. I was happy with the car, cruise was good, she handled the roads well. Just some little issues to iron out and get some seat time and tuning out of the way and she'll be a animal!!

Quote Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
      I had a blast no matter what the car decided to do. I was happy with the car, cruise was good, she handled the roads well. Just some little issues to iron out and get some seat time and tuning out of the way and she'll be a animal!!
      Some cars are great Open Road Cars .
      They run great on highways , long sweepers , high speed corners , road-courses , etc..
      But , autocrossing is a whole other deal all-together.
      That's why I didn't bring my Z06 out to the autocross.
      It wouldn't have run a good time because it's just not set up for it ..
      Your 2nd gen will make a great mutli-purpose car when you get the suspension set right and get the power put to the ground..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com