Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Nice quiet mufflers

I just got a pair of PYPES stainless polished RACE PRO mufflers on my Camaro. I love the sound. They are quiet at idle and normal driving but when you step on it they speak up and sound aggressive. Don't order their complete bolt-on stainless cut-out kit though, it is horrible. Nothing bolts on the way it is suppose to, a lot of the pre-bent parts are not bent at the correct angles. I am going to have to recut and weld a lot of it to make it fit right. But the mufflers are awesome.
      '69 vert pro touring

Country Flag: United States
      Good to know thanks for the post
      Pete
      "This is the worst fun I've ever had" Chad (Kel-Tec)

Im holding you to these claims I went and bought a Pypes x pipe and Race flo muffs today... Hears hopein for no more drone.
      Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592

Video please let's hear em...
      Scott Shanks
      70 Challenger 6.1 Hemi 6-Speed

The Walker #17749 Super Turbo is very quiet but screams when the throttle is mashed.

Digital videos aren't a good way to evaluate sound quality. We have a local cruise here that gets over 2000 cars every Friday night. I sit by the exit and ask some of the owners what they have.. The Walker Ultra Flow and long (25"-33") Glass Packs sound the best to me. I can always tell a car with an X pipe, sounds muffled and tinny to me compared to true duals or a Ford style H pipe. This 63 427 Ford with long glass packs and H pipe is one of the best sounding cars there, it has the mufflers are the tail pipes..

Pypes RacePro

x2 for the Pypes RacePro mufflers!! Had them on my car in 2.5" with their complete 2.5" mandel bent x-pipe system with polished 2.5" hockey stick tips all the way out the back when my car was still in it's restomod phase. LOVED them and the system!! No problems at all with the install on my 72 'bird!!

Went with Pypes again with my new engine/build... 3" polished stainless RacePros with polished 3"polished stainless mandrel bends with dumps... still VERY civil at idle and cruise (even with the dumps) and very authoritative when you hit the go pedal!!!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Your off the hook.I realy dig the sound havent romped on em hard yet but better than the Flow dogs and straight pipe they replaced

Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592