Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

suspension design finished...pics

Well, today I finished the design for my 66 mustang fastback. I posted lots of pictures on my site, so take a look and tell me what you think. A custom spindle is in the works, but the geometry is not much better with a new one, so Im leaving it out for now. Im interested I what you all think about it from a strength standpoint, and suggestions are coveted. Also, feel free to contact me throught the contacts page as I finally got it working. Sorry to those that I didn't get back to as a was unable to see what was written, or their email address'. Have a great day.
      Louie Dietz
      [email protected]

mustangs are cars too (wimper)
      www.g-machine-performance.com

Louie, a few suggestions. The potential buyer of this is likely to be interested in rack and pinion steering as well. You might want to make sure that your cradle will not interfere with any leading R&P setups, or maybe even recommend one along with your kits that you know fits. Oilpan clearance needs to be considered as well. Lastly, I've heard rumor of the Eleanor Unique Performance cars cracking the shock towers, allegedly b/c the load has been shifted from where it was designed to be carried at the top of the tower. No first hand knowledge of this, but thought I'd throw it out to see what you know of this.

Good observations. The oil pan clearances were taken into consideration, and I designed around that. The custom spindles are next on the design list, and then the rack and pinion. The design does not interfere with any aftermarket systems, I checked and checked again. The pictures on the site do not show the upper shock mount because I was burnt out and couldn't finish it today. I will get to it soon, but if you can use your imagination, the plates you see holding the top arm will extend out and be the top mount for the shock as well.
      mustangs are cars too (wimper)
      www.g-machine-performance.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com