Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Official RTTHS6 Thread

Can you believe it, the sixth annual RTTHS. It will be Sept. 17-19.
      The registration will be up early next week.

Itinerary:
      Friday: Cruise the Dragon and BBQ at Precision Hot Rods
      Plan on leaving Main Stay at 12 NOON
      Saturday: Autocrossing at the Stadium. We will meet at the stadium at 7AM, must be off the lot by 4PM
      Sunday: Dragracing and Speed/Stop Challenge at 411 Dragway

Official RTTHs 6 rules.
      1.Registration will be open this week. Please register and pay, either by paypal or sending me a check if you intend to attend. In the past I have let this rule slide, but it just gets too complicated to collect money at the event. Pre registration just makes life easier for everyone.
      2. Sorry guys, but no refunds if we have a rain day like we did last year. Insurance and other expenses occur, and even though a rain day is hard to do, I must enforce this rule too. As everyone knows, we fill up the field quickly, so if something happpens and you can not come, it is not a problem to sell your spot, just know this will be up to you, I don't have time to broker spots once they go on sale.
      3. As usual with RTTHs we will sell the event al carte, so you can do the things you pick, you don't have to pay for parts you will not be participating in.
      4. We will not have separate classes, vendors will run with everyone else. However, as usual, they will not be eligible for prizes.
      5. Each ticket will qualify you for a drawing for a grand prize on Sunday. Yes, once again Forgeline and Prodigy Customs has stepped up and will offer a FREE SET of FORGELINES to that lucky participant.
      6. To qualify for King of the Hill, you must participate in all of the segments of the event. Cruise on Friday, Autocross, Dragrace and Speed/Stop Challenge.
      7. I will post the scoring this year in another post, stay tuned.
      8. Host hotel is as usual Main Stay Suites in Pigeon Forge. We have a group of rooms reserved, I know several of you have already registered, be sure and book early so you will be sure to have a room. Here is that link http://www.mainstaypigeonforge.com/
      9. One Car/One Driver rule. New rule guys, it is getting hard to keep up with different drivers in the same car, and confusion sometimes happens. To stop that, I have decided one driver per car. Also, you can register and drive two or more cars, but must declare which car is running for the win. Any other cars driven by you will be exibition only.
      10. With the exception of some guys that help out every year, I am limiting this year's event to 1981 and older cars. I have to turn cars away every year, so figure it is time now to allow only muscle era cars to participate. Sorry guys, but this has been coming. Those that have been before in newer cars and help every year know who you are, and we look forward to seeing you here again this year.

If you are a vendor and would like to display at the event, contact me asap. This will be limited to a few vendors and we already have a pretty good group that come. Cost to display both days is $300 and this includes one spot to run. Additional spots can be bought at regular price.
      If you are a vendor that can not attend but would like to offer a door prize, please contact me via pm or call so I can put you down.

This is the last event of the year that you can qualify for the optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge in Nevada the day after SEMA so keep that in mind. It is also the final event for this year's contingency programs so be sure and get in on that.

Melinda and I look forward to seeing everyone and having everyone over to our place. See Ya'll soon.
      Last edited by Bill Howell; 08-30-2010 at 02:50 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Here is the way we will score each segment to come up with the winner of that segment and combine the scores to come up with the King of the Hill. Thanks Jimi Day for letting me borrow your system. There will be three segments, plus a 5 point bonus for the cruise.

First place 10 points
      Second place 9 points
      Third place 8 points
      Fourth place 7 points
      Fifth place 6 points
      Sixth place 5 points
      Seventh place 4 points
      Eighth place 3 points
      Ninth place 2 points
      Tenth place and lower 1 point

In the rare chance that we have a tie, the tie breaker will be the participant with the highest score in the autocross.
      Last edited by Bill Howell; 06-26-2010 at 05:20 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Wow. I can't believe its this close!!!
      If you have never been, let me say that this is an event you don't want to miss!!!

Sounds good Bill!! I will be waiting for the registration post!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      10. With the exception of some guys that help out every year, I am limiting this year's event to 1981 and older cars. I have to turn cars away every year, so figure it is time now to allow only muscle era cars to participate. Sorry guys, but this has been coming. Those that have been before in newer cars and help every year know who you are, and we look forward to seeing you here again this year.

That rule is only if you plan to run the auto x right?

We may or may not have a pre 1981 car ready. Might bring the turbo truck down again.

But we still plan to come down, im ready to call mainstay.

I look forward to attending again this year.

Bill,

Are you going to have another "1 of 60 t-shirt sale" this year? If so, count me in. I thought that was pretty cool last year.
      Rod Keeling
      '67 Camaro Mast L92 / 4L80E (work in progress)

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodDawg

I was unclear about something guys. IF you have been here before and participated with a 82 or newer car, that car is welcomed back for exibition only, you will be involved just not eligible for win. It has to be in a car that has been here before though.

I will start a list though for others, in case we don't fill the venue. First come first serve so add your name here now and car type/year.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

No 1/60 shirts this year, I will have a RTTH6 shirt for sale, it will be similar to the RTTC shirt design.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Bill, will there be any other car shows or car events going on not related to RTTH this same weekend? Great, my car may not be ready but I am. I'm thinking this year I need a little break from work.
      Killer Comet

Talked to Frank last night and I'm in this year. I just got my Room so were good to go.
      69 Camaro Rag Top
      "Will trade wife for parts"

I'm in! Reserved my room last year before I left!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by streetrod77 View Post
      Bill, will there be any other car shows or car events going on not related to RTTH this same weekend? Great, my car may not be ready but I am. I'm thinking this year I need a little break from work.
      this is the same weekend as the Grand fall run ..the parkway will be full of cars almost all for sale and they cruise the parkway every night..quite a site..ill be there as usual..wouldnt miss it..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

I was unclear about something guys. IF you have been here before and participated with a 82 or newer car, that car is welcomed back for exibition only, you will be involved just not eligible for win. It has to be in a car that has been here before though.

I will start a list though for others, in case we don't fill the venue. First come first serve so add your name here now and car type/year.

Great news there. A know a silver s-10 will be happy to here that.

Also is there going to be a long cruise again this year? Last year was a blast.

Please put me on the list

Please put me on the list...
      Rob Davis
      2002 Camaro SS Convertible
      Brickyard 400 Festival Car #26 (assigned to Kenny Wallace that year)

Just reserved our room! We'll be there with the wagon and 66 Chevelle.

Great to hear it Deb. See yall soon.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Great news there. A know a silver s-10 will be happy to hear that.
      Yup, that's true.

Thanks, Bill. I'll be ready to set up some cones with you guys bright and early!!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

Rtth6

Is there a host hotel? My wife and I are going to go this year. I got the Nova running again with a new fuel tank and pump and it lives again. I can't wait to go and neither can my wife. I plan on driving down on Thursday from St. Louis.

Where do we sign up for the event? I'm in for all of the events.

Dennis
      Dennis Linson

Quote Originally Posted by DLinson View Post
      Is there a host hotel? My wife and I are going to go this year. I got the Nova running again with a new fuel tank and pump and it lives again. I can't wait to go and neither can my wife. I plan on driving down on Thursday from St. Louis.

Where do we sign up for the event? I'm in for all of the events.

Dennis
      Hotel rooms are available at the Mainstay Suites for $79/Thursday night (9/16/10) and $129/Friday and Saturday nights (9/17-18/10). Their phone # is (888) 429-8350. To get these discounted rates, be sure to say you are with the "Pro-Tour Event". Rooms are only going to be held until Sept. 1st.

The registration form should be up within a few days.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Have you confirmed which day the autocross will be yet? It would be nice to know before registration starts. Thanks!

Bobby

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com