Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1969 camaro replacing steering column

i need a step by step how to remove my steering column. im trying to replace it with a Ididit Steering Column but cant seem to get the dang thing off.

Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      If I remeber correct you have 2 bolts under the dash holding the column to the lower dash, the bolt on the rag joint and the bolt that goes to the seal to firewall it is like a clamp more then a bolt. Just going on memory though. Hope this helps

'Veteran' --is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Country Flag: United States
      There are 3 nuts that hold up underneath and then the clamp at the firewall and as said ,the rag joint.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Ok sweet thanks for all yalls help.

ive been out for the past month so havn;t been able to wrestle with it any. but last time i did..i couldnt fit the "wheel lock connection" (the piece that connects outside the firewall next to the rag joint) through the firewall..someone told me id most likely need to weld it out? any advice on this? thanks again!

If you remove the plate that is around the column at the firewall the column will come out. It has 3 bolts that hold it to the firewall.
      Mike
      69 camaro, 502 w/8-71 blower, street car
      http://s268.photobucket.com/home/pro...69camaro/index

ah i see now! thanks bro! really appreciate it!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com