Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      ^^^from the movie Cars...."turn right to go left"....LOL

If you listen closely he's uttering the famous words a driver named Mary Pozzi...if you don't believe me, just look at the right corner of his trunk lid.

Last edited by John Wright; 06-26-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: added pic
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      ^^^from the movie Cars...."turn right to go left"....LOL

If you listen closely he's uttering the famous words a driver named Mary Pozzi...if you don't believe me, just look at the right corner of his trunk lid.

Okay, now we know the owner is on this board. Anyone know what all this car is running?
      71 Formula, 455 SD/KRE D-Ports, Crower solid cam, TKO 600, 3:73 Eaton posi. 17" ARE 200s, , 1LE brakes, Koni, Rancho adjustable bars, Hotchkis springs

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
      Okay, now we know the owner is on this board. Anyone know what all this car is running?
      You talking about the white T/A? That is Albert's car from Toronto. His username is Tazz.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      You talking about the white T/A? That is Albert's car from Toronto. His username is Tazz.
      Thanks Bill, I didn't recognize this car from the "Warpath" rendering and never made the connection.
      71 Formula, 455 SD/KRE D-Ports, Crower solid cam, TKO 600, 3:73 Eaton posi. 17" ARE 200s, , 1LE brakes, Koni, Rancho adjustable bars, Hotchkis springs

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the interest in my car..... This is the first time I've had to look at the board in a few days (just got back last night from the GM Nationals)....

The car is running a new 461 stroked 400 Pontiac motor built for me by our own board member Greg..... He was good enough to come up and hang out here in Toronto for a few weekends while we muddled through the build and some Beer, wine etc LOL...

I built the car with a view to creating a WarPath light version of the serious build and check/test some various fittings and smaller parts for the major build.... We will be placing one of Shafi Keislers new 5 speed gear box's in the car in the near future as well...

It will act as a Magazine beater for the press that attend when the WarPath is debuted as well as show case some of the Carbon Fiber- composites parts that my company "Carbon Kustoms" will be retailing through Anvil this year (Dam soon I hope LOL)....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
      I have some build pics of the exhaust and engine build. Its Alberts call. It has air ride tech control arms and sway bar,coil-overs and wilwood brakes. Rear has global west rear suspension components and wilwood brakes also. The car was a blast to drive! Thanks Albert for letting me beat on War Path Light!!
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

Great Pics Steve. What a great weekend!

Can you send pics of the teal 71 Chevelle convertible (#10) to
      Dannys1956 at yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

post away Greg,,, np bud
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

More cars..

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

That is an awesome pic of the Cormaro Steve.

Thanks for posting all of the great pics of the weekend.

I can't wait to go back again !!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Steve, what was your shutter speed and approximate speed of the cars in the first few shots?
      To get that much motion blur I've typically had to step down to 1/20 or slower. Unfortunately that speed makes the cars end up a little soft in some exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
      Steve, what was your shutter speed and approximate speed of the cars in the first few shots?
      To get that much motion blur I've typically had to step down to 1/20 or slower. Unfortunately that speed makes the cars end up a little soft in some exposures.
      I shoot apature priority at an ISO of 100.. on pan blurs I try for 1/100 of a second.. if I'm brave I do 1/80 but my kill rate suffers.

Keep in mind I'm running a high-end Canon 70-200 stabilized 2.8 lens and that helps me nail the shot.. should for what the damn thing costs! lol

I also end up anywhere from a half stop to a full stop over on the exposer.. typically 2/3 but it really depends on the sun (ie clouds) and the color of the car.

I shoot a LOT of images to make sure I have enough good sharp ones.. there's nothing cooler (to me) than a blured our background/wheels and the rest of the car and driver super sharp.

For more head on shots I up my shutter speed to 125 if you can see the wheels and 800 if you can't (raising to 800 drops the f-stop to help kill the depth of field and soften up the background).

And it's all on-the-job training..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Thanks for the info. When it comes to photography, I don't think you're ever finished "learning". It's somewhat reassuring to see you use the "spray and pray" approach as well.
      Are you using the L 70-200 2.8? If so, I have one of the previous gen copies in the mail as I type. I'm super excited to get it. Right now I'm using a 28-135 3.5 I picked up a few years ago. It's decent, but not sharp enough for the shots I want.

I usually shoot Aperture Priority as well, to dial in my motion blur I'll switch to Shutter Priority. Looking back at a few pics from my last outing, it looks like most "good" shots where 1/60-1/80. I'm not sure where I got the 1/20 from. I have a feeling you're probably dealing with a little more speed than I am. (Most of my car shots come from local AutoX.)
      You mention having to over-expose. What body are you using? With my T1i, I find myself underexposing 1/3 step in most situations.

I too found it interesting that you were upping the exposure in daytime light. On a sunny day like that I usually play it safe and dial it down a couple stops to -.7
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Quote Originally Posted by trapin View Post
      I too found it interesting that you were upping the exposure in daytime light. On a sunny day like that I usually play it safe and dial it down a couple stops to -.7
      You guys have to remember, digital cameras are not magic. They are trying to make everything 18% grey, just like film cameras. You always have to manipulate the exposure depending on your subject. I too was shooting at +2/3. I have also shot features sometimes -2 stops. Cameras are just a tool, like any other, you have to have an good understanding of how it works to make it work to it's potential. Digital photography is no different than shooting with film. All the same rules apply. Just because it's digital, doesn't mean you'll have the perfect exposure and color.

#2 Green camaro

Hey Steve,

Any of the fathom green 69 Camaro (#2)? On and off the track!
      Thanks for the great coverage from all you guys.

Bob [email protected]

Great pics Steve, thanks for sharing!
      69 RS
      LS7, T56 and other cool stuff
      Back on track in late 2020!
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BA. View Post
      Great pics Steve, thanks for sharing!

Awesome pics!
      Traven

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com