Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Auxiliary Fuses

Country Flag: United States

Auxiliary Fuses

Was just wondering what you guys are using for auxiliary fuses?

I'm building a custom 69 Camaro and have installed the AAW Highway 22 kit. I'm running HID headlights and plan to have the headlight wire from the AAW panel power a relay.

First, I was wondering if tjos only necessary for the low beams or is it also recommended for high beams? Since the high beams aren't used much and they aren't the primary light source, I was hoping to only do the low. Thoughts?

Secondly, and more importantly, what are people doing about fuses? I've got my battery in the trunk, and have completely hidden all of the wiring under the hood. There really isn't an easily accessible point to change a fuse. Was thinking the best approach would be to mount an auxiliary fuse panel under the dash, but I am quickly running out of room!

I bought one of those fused distribution blocks typically used for audio equipment, but it's too big to mount anywhere accessible under the dash. I've also considered a fuse block like the one available HERE.

How are you guys handling this? I need at least 1 for headlights, but need 2 additional for my fans.

Below is a picture to show underneath the fender (where the HID ballasts are). As you can see, this area isn't going to be very accessible once the fender is in place.

check out bluesea.com. I like their various units, top quality, different sizes and configurations. Thanks, m.weiss

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com