Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Aeromotive Fuel Pump Controller

Is anybody running an Aeromotive fuel pump controller with a carb?
      I found a bunch of information regarding EFI but not allot using them for Carbs. I read thru several threads.

I just returned from running a few legs of HR Power Tour and had some major fuel heat problems. At first we thought we were out of gas, then we thought the pump went south. but the problem was that the gas was too hot to pump.

I have a ricks tank in my 71 chevelle. It's got an Aeromotive
      A1000 pump. The Bypass regulator is on the inner fender.
      496 (550 HP) with a 4L80E I'd get an hour on the open road and the the fuel gets too hot to pump. Some creative icing temporarily "fixed" the problem.

Hector @ Ricks recommends getting the Aeromotive controller and not moving the regulator. I'm just wondering if anybody has thrown the controller at their fuel heating and how much it helped.
      Thanks
      Dan
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

do a search on here and find lots of info. Most advise controller AND move the return regulator back to just ahead of the tank. You have two heating problems...pump running to hard for too long and picking up lots of heat from engine compartment and dumping it back into the tank. Its a good setup to cool the engine compartment with gasoline
      David Beckstrom DVM

I have a A1000 pump, regulator and controller on my Chevelle but it's EFI. So far I haven't noticed any fuel heating issues. But then, maybe the higher fuel pressure makes a difference.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

I have a carb set up with an Areomotive Eliminator and engine bay regulator. I have had no issues, hours in traffic ,countless stationary burnouts followed by more stand still traffic and revving. Radiator got hot due to intercooler in front but no fuel problems. This was on a Procharged F1C SBC set to kill with a 3.55 pulley.

I'm running the controller. I have not had any issues so far. Pretty cool set up. Pump initially "primes" like modern day setup, you can then set when you want the pump to run full blast. I set mine to engage 100% at 3500ish RPm on my 496.

Marcus K.

LS7 w/Twin Precision 6266s, Viper T56, 4 link suspension, ATS spindles, Kore3 conversion.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com