Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Which MSD Ignition, Distributor, Coil??

Hey guys,
      The MSD site is a little overwhelming with all the distributors, coils, and ignitions available. I need to switch out the stock distributor and ignition set up for something a little better and that I can run a tach and possibly the EZ EFI system that needs to have a tach signal for reference. Application is a Big block chevy so firewall space is a little limited. Nothing too radical, 600hp, street driver. Thanks for the input.

69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

Country Flag: United States
      If its just a street driver a 6AL box, Billet distributer with vac advance and Blaster 2 coil will fit the bill.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Country Flag: United States
      I agree with the exception of the coil. I haven't used an oil filled coil in over 5 years. For MSD apps look at the blaster SS. For a simpler look, an HEI is self contained and less expensive. check firewall clearance first.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com