Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks! New motor should show up on Monday to the shop for them to start adjusting the trim (comes setup for a CTSV, some accessories and the oil pan need changing), and I'll hopefully get the car down to them next Sat. Depending how long it takes them to get the other items done on the list, this could be a good shake down day

Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SIK02SS View Post
      Thanks! New motor should show up on Monday to the shop for them to start adjusting the trim (comes setup for a CTSV, some accessories and the oil pan need changing), and I'll hopefully get the car down to them next Sat. Depending how long it takes them to get the other items done on the list, this could be a good shake down day
      Great News.., My motor comes back from Indiana this coming Monday, then I have to get car running by Thursday to make it to the Spectre 341 Challenge Friday and Saturday, no time to work any bugs out of it since I'm working overtime all next week and trying to drop motor in after work.

Hope you make it to Buttonwillow, should be a good time.

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

Update:
      We got the spindles and arms from Mr. Quick!!!!! We went ahead and ordered Global West uppers and lower control arms, which showed up 2 days after I ordered them. They are the best for a reason I guess, we're impressed!!! We also installed the Hotchkis rear sway bar, but a little worried we are changing too many things at one time.

Mr. Gitter Dun no disrespect but there are so many great engine builders in California. Maybe next time give them a chance.
      Dave H.

Quote Originally Posted by Orngcrush69 View Post
      Update:
      We got the spindles and arms from Mr. Quick!!!!! We went ahead and ordered Global West uppers and lower control arms, which showed up 2 days after I ordered them. They are the best for a reason I guess, we're impressed!!! We also installed the Hotchkis rear sway bar, but a little worried we are changing too many things at one time.

Mr. Gitter Dun no disrespect but there are so many great engine builders in California. Maybe next time give them a chance.
      LOL, I hear ya, but it's hard to resist an aluminum block engine with over 600 hp for $9500. We will see if he redeems himself.

As far as Global West, I have been thoroghly impressed with their control arms and rear leaf's and am also using the Hotchkis rear bar.
      Set up should work well.

Buttonwillow should be a good time and am looking forward to seeing some PT guys there. Feels like I'm pulling teeth when posting track days here and am surprised there aren't more PT folk interested.

By the way, Mr. is my dad.

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      LOL, I hear ya, but it's hard to resist an aluminum block engine with over 600 hp for $9500. We will see if he redeems himself.

As far as Global West, I have been thoroghly impressed with their control arms and rear leaf's and am also using the Hotchkis rear bar.
      Set up should work well.

Buttonwillow should be a good time and am looking forward to seeing some PT guys there. Feels like I'm pulling teeth when posting track days here and am surprised there aren't more PT folk interested.

By the way, Mr. is my dad.
      ]

Gitter, don't be too discouraged about the response yet. If it was not in the hottest time up in the Central Valley....but then again a track day......hmmmmm.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Quote Originally Posted by 406 Q-ship View Post
      ]

Gitter, don't be too discouraged about the response yet. If it was not in the hottest time up in the Central Valley....but then again a track day......hmmmmm.
      Thanks, try not to, I'm just an old track junky coming back from a four year break.

Got my NASA Time Trial liscence renewed, soon as I flog my girl were gonna go try and spank some ass, LOL. Looks like unlimited class and I've already recieved new numbers and class letters.

Gaetano Cosentino

I reserved garage #4 at Buttonwillow, I'll be sharing it with my bro Dan and I recommend people double up and split the cost...it's worth it!
      Dave H.

Dave, are you coming over here on Friday and driving to the track early Saturday or do you have some other plans?

I reserved garage #4 at Buttonwillow, I'll be sharing it with my bro Dan and I recommend people double up and split the cost...it's worth it!
      Hmm....thinkin' about it, but hangin' out in my trailor wasn't to bad.

Whats the cost and do they have A.C.?

Gaetano Cosentino

IIRC there's no AC in the garages, just shade
      Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

A/C in the garages?!?!?!?, Dang it's not California Speedway...It's Buttonwillow. lol Gitter, you'll be good...park your car in the trailor and hang out with us in the garage. ;-)
      Dave H.

A/C in the garages?!?!?!?, Dang it's not California Speedway...It's Buttonwillow. lol Gitter, you'll be good...park your car in the trailor and hang out with us in the garage. ;-)
      LOL, cool, sounds good, I talked Jeff Smith (senior technical editor for Car Craft) into coming also. he drives a '65 Chevelle and both he and his car are impressive on the road course.

Gaetano Cosentino

Dang Gitter...nice catch!!!
      Dave H.

I would like to do this, but need a few things.

I only have lap belts, not three point, and I cant use the Moris 3 point, and also need a tow point for the reear. I'll see what I can do.
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mdprovee View Post
      I would like to do this, but need a few things.

I only have lap belts, not three point, and I cant use the Moris 3 point, and also need a tow point for the reear. I'll see what I can do.
      Tow point for rear is optional.

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      Tow point for rear is optional.
      Cool then, I am geting the front one, now I just need to look into the four point harness, that bolts under the back seat.
      Mike

The host Hotel for Speed Ventures Buttonwillow is the Motel 6 Central. (661) 764-5121. Be sure to mention Speed Ventures for discount.

Gaetano Cosentino

mdprovee, this is what I'm running in the Chevelle, with they had 3". they work well enough till I get the rollbar in.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/harn...harness_belts/
      Dave H.

I'm in. No tunring back. Going to get a bunch of stuff taken care of on The Rat and see how it does.

Hey G.C. I'm going to put the Boze's on tonight and see if I can narrow the rear by the 31st. I will post a pic of them on it just for fun.

Hey G.C. Your wheels look pretty good on my car. I just have one problem, I get sideways in 2nd. Sorry about that but not really

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com