Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro - no start

I had my starter out and when I re-installed it, I pinched the solenoid wire, now I can't get any power to the solenoid. All the fuses in the fuse panel are good. Is there a fusible link somewhere or something else that might be the cause?
      Craig

1969 Camaro Z28, 434 sbc, M21 Muncie, 12 bolt, stock interior, Speed Tech tubular upper and lower A-arms with coil overs, Prodigy bar rear with coil overs, 13" & 12" Wilwood brakes, 600 steering box

Have you tested to show power is in the cable at the starter? It is plugged in the right 1 ? by pass cable ie trya new cable from batt to sol direct to see if it turns ,or try the screwdriver from main cable to sol connector .

Well, I found the problem. It looks like there was a butt splice installed where a fusible link once was near the ignition switch on the steering column. When I shorted out the solenoid wire it burnt the contacts in the ignition switch. Thanx for the reply
      Craig
      1969 Camaro Z28, 434 sbc, M21 Muncie, 12 bolt, stock interior, Speed Tech tubular upper and lower A-arms with coil overs, Prodigy bar rear with coil overs, 13" & 12" Wilwood brakes, 600 steering box

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com