Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LS engine drop out resources

Anyone know a good place to get a drop out LS motor in the North east?
      Looking for GTO ls2 6 speed manual ...

I am 45 mins outside boston but can sources within 300 miles if need be

From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

If you can't find anything in your 300 mile range Cleveland Pick A Part deals with a bunch of late model GMs. They actually have full IRS setups out of GTOs for under $300 right now.
      Bob

Country Flag: United States
      Xlexus -- IMHO, your absolute best resource for LS motors is Travis 'daytonayellaz' here on this board. He gets about 10 a month; everything from 5.3's to 6.2's and T56's and most with about 10k miles on them. I bet there's at leaast 15 guys here (maybe more) in the last 4 months that have gotten dorp outs from him, including myself.

If you need his email send me a PM. He's located in Indy and shipping is easy and pretty cheap.
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

PM sent
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

210 649 2554...www.hpsalvage.com ask for mark. 1st class products and service.

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      Anyone know a good place to get a drop out LS motor in the North east?
      Looking for GTO ls2 6 speed manual ...

I am 45 mins outside boston but can sources within 300 miles if need be
      I can and will help you with a motor if your interested. NO ONE can get you a motor for a better price when comparing apples to apples. These are great drop outs and as Ron stated above ....I have sold A LOT of them to members here and other foruns and locally. Check my trader rating and posts on my for sale threads to see what everyone is saying. Im not sure how much longer I will be able to get these deals, but for now still available. I have a good shipping connection as well. I will shoot you a PM.

Blessings,
      Travis

Can you send me a PM on what you have looking for a ls1 or ls2 for a project. thnx

better jump on these...

Looks like Travis kind of fell off the map. I think he's dealing with some family issues, so hopefully he'll be back soon. He's only logged on two or so times in the past few weeks.

If anyone knows him personally, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you can have him call me. He has my contact info. I was supposed to transfer some funds last week but he has been virtually un-reachable for the past week+.

-Keith

You can do a search of salvage yards on http://car-part.com/.

daytonayellaz I just sent a PM
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

ebay seller fparts is contemporary corvettes in Bristol PA. They have a good rep on pull out setups as well, often with warranties.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Cleveland Pick A Parts.. I have 2 least four motors & transmissions from them.. call gus! great guy to work with..

I'd recommend travis as well. I just purchased a ls2 from him. It was very clean. He's honest and a great person to deal with. Not to mention great prices

Quote Originally Posted by highschool70ss View Post
      you can do a search of salvage yards on http://car-part.com/.
      this
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

What does an LS1 + 4L60e + PCM go for these days?
      car blog... updated sporadically. http://regans66.blogspot.com/

Deleted it.....sounded like I was trying to sell something, sorry mods!

Quote Originally Posted by highschool70ss View Post
      You can do a search of salvage yards on http://car-part.com/.
      I tried that last year when I was looking for my first LS motor, you can find them on there..... The price sounds great at first...then you find out they cut the harness, that they strip the motor of all accesories, starter, ECM, MAF, TCM, alternator and on and on. Then they charge you big $$$$ for each one of these items to get it back complete again, and you still have a butchered harness and missing all the bolts!

I have seen the way some of these companys pull motors......I used to drive a rollback for a while for a friend who owns a salvage yard. He networked with several yards and I would go to pickup/ drop off cars and parts to other yards. I sometimes had to wait if they were not finished pulling something. I have watched engines dangling 3-4 feet in the air by some wiring, or hoses etc and these guys will get out the side cuts or box knife...and ...yup you guessed it..SLAM right on the ground from 3-4 feet some times more depending on how tall the guy is doing the job. I have watched them also violently work the levers up and down on these giant front end loaders that have forks that they use to lift the cars....until they literally shake the motor out....and again...SLAM right on the ground. It is a sickening sight to watch. Im not saying every place is like this, but the quality of the extraction is only as good as the guy actually doing it....not the guy sitting behind the counter taking your phone call and your money. This was 15 years ago when I worked there....My Dad worked there for years, my business was slow and the owner asked me to drive for him some....It turned into a year. I could tell you a lot more stuff I saw, but wont.

Dont want to sound hard on these companys...there are some places that do a good job.....but still cut the harness and charge you for every little piece that bolts onto the long block. Which is very expensive in the end, plus you dont have any of the bolts to reattach the stuff. As I said in the very begining...I was on this site and called several companys and all said the same thing and in the end was to expensive for me.....but Im not independantly wealthy either...sooooo????

This is how I ended up finding my hook up for these engines....after beating the bushes for months finally found some one who cares....actually he likes CASH It takes hours to pull a motor the way my guys pull them...thats why they look so good and complete.

Just be carefull, ask lots of questions!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMuseum View Post
      Looks like Travis kind of fell off the map. I think he's dealing with some family issues, so hopefully he'll be back soon. He's only logged on two or so times in the past few weeks.

If anyone knows him personally, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you can have him call me. He has my contact info. I was supposed to transfer some funds last week but he has been virtually un-reachable for the past week+.

-Keith
      Keith,

Thought I should follow up your post here... I just didnt want to take your money until I shipped out some motors that were allready paid for by other members. I have shipped them and back to selling now! Also I have decided to stop selling motors that are "coming" this has caused some longer than I would like delays in shipping. They have to be in my possesion before Im taking any money and promising a time frame on shipment. Plus my Home Improvement business has been slammed for a while now. Spent what extra time I did have with the wife in northern MI visiting her terminal Grandfather. My business has actually slowed down just a bit in this last week so able to spend some more time on the engines for now. Give me a call...I have the info for you on your T56 and as soon as I get it here you can send me some money

Thanks,
      Travis

Travis, Are you going to take " orders" for motors? I really haven't fully decieded if I want to do the swap but reading your post on the way they treat motors at some yards. I would rather get one from you than one of the smash yards.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com